3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   30-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings-57/)
-   -   30 Somethings Daily Chat: Friday 7/3 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings/175836-30-somethings-daily-chat-friday-7-3-a.html)

mortonpixie 07-03-2009 10:15 AM

30 Somethings Daily Chat: Friday 7/3

:carrot:Happy Friday!:carrot:

What's the plan for the holiday weekend? Anybody have a plan for what to do when all that high calorie, low nutrition food comes your way? We will be at my brother and SIL's house. They always have hot dogs on the grill and a shrimp boil that is really just corn/potatoes/sausage/shrimp boiled. So...my sis is bringing a veggie tray and some Fib Ribs for her and I. I don't know what my plan is for the desserts...my huge weakness. Maybe that's ALL I will eat!:D

My DH is off today instead of tomorrow. :dizzy: His job is wonderful but the scheduling is dumb sometimes. So I will probably make some food for tomorrow and hang out with DH today. I'm getting a little freaked out about starting home schooling on Monday. I've been reading the kids' Reading material so that I know what's going on.

Our oldest son has been with my Mom in CO all week, so I am very excited to see him tomorrow. Home all safe and sound! :hug:

Think I'll make Bancock Peanut Chicken for dinner. Lunch is Bean Burritos with home made refritos. No FAT! I plan to exercise during nap time today.

Have a GREAT FRIDAY!!

rileyozzy 07-03-2009 11:37 AM

Today was weigh in for me and I gained a pound. Everyone says the last 10 pounds of your journey is the hardest and they are sooooooo right. I have really tried this past week and kept track of what I ate and exercised! Frustration!!!!

But onto more important things in life...we are meeting friends tonight for a BBQ. I love hanging out with these friends because it so does not revolve around food. We swim, play games and visit. This is the polar opposite of my family who likes to eat and sit around and visit.

Happy fourth of July to everyone!!! I won't be around a computer tomorrow and so I hope everyone has a safe and fun weekend.

Rebound 07-03-2009 10:30 PM

pixie, I require the recipe for your Bancock Peanut Chicken. It sounds delicious!

I managed to behave myself at a Thai place last night and at Outback tonight. They are really nice about making modifications at Outback --I was very pleased!

Bigknitter 07-03-2009 10:37 PM

Well it's almost over but it was a good Friday! I got a run in this morning and we just finished walking in a parade :)

The boyfriend and I will be up early to head out of town for a 5k and another parade, I get to push my dd in the stroller. I'm having a green smoothie before I leave and taking a big fruit salad and a Lara bar so I won't be even tempted to eat any of the junk that ends up at my grandpa's house where my family meets up. Actually I haven't been tempted at all to eat any junk as I'm doing a mostly raw vegan eating thing that makes me feel pretty great and I don't want to mess it up. Anyway! We are finally going to keep our daughter up late tomorrow to see some real fireworks, she's never seen them so it should be really fun.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

mortonpixie 07-04-2009 08:41 AM

rileyozzy - I love the second paragraph "but on to more important things in life". You are SO right, it's good to keep perspective!

rebound - good for you requesting accomodations! Those places certainly charge enough for their food, they can leave off the sauce, etc. I make stirfry a lot and with different sauces or no sauce! Veggies are always shredded cabbage, shredded carrots, onion, mushrooms just sliced in half and garlic. I use chicken breast (or beef) all cut up in strips and toss it with just enough flour to coat. Cook the veggies on highish heat in a little oil til they wilt. Take 'em out and cook the meat in a little more oil on high heat till its done. Add the veggies toss it all together and cheat...yep, add a bottle of Peanut Sauce from the grocery store. :)

bigknitter - great job on getting your miles in. It's a struggle every day for me - but with all of the good examples around here, I have a better chance! So thanks!