30 Somethings Daily Chat - Thursday 6/18

• I am so excited to be able to begin one! I am up and getting ready for my morning run, but I just ate so I have to wait a little while or I get a horrible stitch in my side. Today we are meeting my parents in town for lunch. They are driving to Oregon and we live on the main freeway so it's an easy stop. I planned on going to Applebee's so I can keep an eye on my food choices. They have a WW menu and I am in need of some strict rules right now. I have gained 5 pounds since summer vacation and need to get it off before it becomes 10 pounds.
  • Hi All,

May be scarse...my laptop crashed this AM. May have lost all my stuff, including school work. Using DH's big old computer for now.
  • Good Morning All!

Okay, so I've kinda noticed that our 30-somethings aren't as "popular" as the 20-somethings & we really need to get more peeps signed on & activly communicating.

I just want to throw this out there. It doesn't matter if you got 5 lbs to lose or 500 lbs to lose...you are VERY welcome here and all thoughts and ideas are welcomed.
    So if you are just browsing and afraid to post...don't be. Just jump right on in and enjoy the "ride".
  • Sam, you'll see that things aren't as busy around here in the warmer weather. Everyone is on vacations or out enjoying the weather!
  • Or...we're stuck at work being SUPER busy and can only get on for like 5 mins!

I just had to pop in to say hello...haven't been on in awhile...work is crazy...french class is keeping me SO busy...but I only have 2 classes left and my final exam next Tuesday...I promise I'll be back after that!
  • Quote: Good Morning All!

Okay, so I've kinda noticed that our 30-somethings aren't as "popular" as the 20-somethings & we really need to get more peeps signed on & activly communicating.

I just want to throw this out there. It doesn't matter if you got 5 lbs to lose or 500 lbs to lose...you are VERY welcome here and all thoughts and ideas are welcomed.
    So if you are just browsing and afraid to post...don't be. Just jump right on in and enjoy the "ride".
    Thanks for this post, made me decide to say hi instead of just lurking
  • Busy on this end, too!

Walking is going well. Next week I'll add a little bit of lifting, and the week after that I'm going to up my cardio a little bit.

After walking with me every morning for almost 2 weeks, our big fat dog is noticeably more spry and athletic! She can jump onto the couch and the bed much more easily now than she could two weeks ago. She doesn't look like she's lost any weight though... But it could just be "fur weight" that i'm seeing haha!
  • Rebound - I am interested in starting lifting but it seems really intimidating at this point. What kind of lifting do you do? Even though I have lost a significant amount of weight my belly is still my biggest asset. I am hoping that weights or something can help me out.
  • Lissus! Glad you came out of lurking and said hi!!
  • Well I will hop on this thread as well! I am doing good today, in spite of my bad additude I woke up early and did my weights, I have karate class later and I'm hoping to squeeze in a walk before that. I'm annoyed because I have to clean up my filthy house, but I guess it is keeping me active right?

In the food department I'm on my first week of the Eat to Live plan, not really a plan for me because it is basically how I've wanted to eat for a long time now but just never actually did it. It is basically vegan for me and I like it so far because I get to eat avocado every day and lots of fruit! I'm down almost 4 pounds since Monday but I'm sure a lot of that is just getting rid of the bloat and water weight from eating and drinking too much crap for a few weeks

Hope everyone has a great day!

Lauren
  • Hello all! I just registered on the 3FC site today. Ive never tried the route of "web site" support until now. Ive come to realize that I dont like to talk about trying to lose weight with those around me. Maybe because they dont understand the struggle? Maybe because I dont want to fail and be watched doing so? After much thinking and procrastinating, Ive decided today that I am officially back on the wagon. Someone recently turned me on to "fitday" so I thought Id use that to keep track of my self day to day. While Im doing that, I thought It would be nice to find a site like this to talk to others who are my age and who understand the ups and downs of being a Chubby. "Hello my name is Seattle Mom and Im a Chubby"
  • BigKnitter and Seattle Girl, Come join us on the Daily Chat, we start a new one each day!