Old 06-16-2009, 10:34 AM   #1  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 255/211/160

Height: 5'6"

Default 30 Something's Daily Chat: Tuesday, 6/16

Hello and good morning to you all!

Nothing much to report here. Things are going well and are pretty quiet. My birthday is on Friday and I'm trying to decide what I want to do for it. Mr. Rebound wants to go out to dinner so I have to decide what would be tasty and fun but also not totally demolish my week. Luckily Friday is the first day of my "week" so even if I go a little OffP, I'll have 6 more days to get things back under control.

It's supposed to rain all week here, but I hope that they are wrong. The weather has been so depressing around here lately!
Rebound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 11:37 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 225/205/150

Height: 5'5

So, what do you have in mind so far for birthday plans? I always do better when I plan ahead. Knowing where and what I'm going to order ahead of time makes it alot easier not to totally screw up!

Not much happening my way. It rained last night and I didn't get my walk in. I'm hoping that he afternoon storms stay way tonight! I'm determined to walk!

In other news, I'm getting my hair cut & colored this afternoon! I'm overdue! Those grays don't look so hot!
DawnSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 12:32 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 255/205/140

Height: 5ft 7in

Ohhh...Happy Early Birthday, Rebound!! I definitely agree with Dawn...knowing where and what you're going to order ahead of time definitely helps me stay within my boundaries!!

So far my day has been hectic!! Work has been back to back meetings (finally have 30 minutes free to play here and eat some lunch!). So I'm hoping to get some elliptical time in before making dinner. Gonna make some turkey stroganoff...boring but practical...and my family loves it, so can't go wrong there!

Gosh, hearing that you're going in to get your hair done, Dawn, reminded me that I haven't had a haircut in over a year!! How pitiful am I!? I avoided it through my pregnancy, only because with my last pregnancy I had this big urge to chop it all off, and I hated it afterwards. So I promised myself I'd wait until my hormones toned down before making chopping decisions!
KimikoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 12:56 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

I am off to swim lessons today and then shopping to find my dad a father's day present. He is the hardest person in the world to shop for and I have no idea what to get him. He is the type that doesn't want/need much and when he does want something he just goes out and gets it himself. My sister and I fight over what to get him and we have friendly competitions on who can get him a present he would like faster. She beat me this year and snagged up garden decorations at a craft faire we went to a couple of weeks ago. I am just going to have to use my imagination.
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 01:13 PM   #5  
One step at a time...

Dawn, I think I'm leaning toward the Thai place right now. I've been trying to do my own curry, but it's not turning out quite right. The flavor is very close, but the texture just isn't quite there. I figure if I can just eat light throughout the day and then try to eat less rice it won't ruin my WHOLE week. But who knows -- tomorrow I might be craving something else...

Kimiko, thanks! I know how to find nutrition on lots of stuff, so part of me wants to go to a chain where I KNOW exactly what I'll be getting... But then I think, "I don't want to go to APPLEBY'S for my damn birthday!"

I'll manage something I'm sure!
Old 06-16-2009, 06:16 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 225/205/150

Height: 5'5

Blech.....I wouldn't want Applebees for my birthday either! I heart Thai food!!
DawnSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 06:59 PM   #7  

I <3 Thai too!! Plus Sushi, Mexican, Italian, Chinese...well, food in general which may be why I am over weight!!!!

So, girlies, WAD UP!!!!???????

I had mucho errands to run today. Soooo not fun and soooooo have more to do tomorrow BUT I did get in a 2 and a half hr workout! I can't believe it!!! Its not like INTENDED to get a huge workout...I just felt like 15 min more and 15 min more.. I was a machine! Soooo awesome!

Just havin a hotdog and veggies for din din and spendin some time with the fam...good times, good times.

Have a Great Night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Workout Song of the Day:
Lose Yourself by Eminem
laurie2275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 10:16 PM   #8  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

So it took me all day, but I finally saw and changed the day to TUESDAY, Ms. Rebound!! But thanks for getting us started anyway!

Been studying most of the day...on and off. Night all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 11:30 PM   #9  

Just glad I was able to log on today.

I was ill over the weekend but was able to stay on plan.

This site has kept me accountable and I'm very thankful to all of you and this entire site.

Congrats to all of you who survived the weekend and good luck to us all!
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 09:14 AM   #10  
One step at a time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBH View Post
Hi All,

So it took me all day, but I finally saw and changed the day to TUESDAY, Ms. Rebound!! But thanks for getting us started anyway!

Been studying most of the day...on and off. Night all!
Woops <insert ashamed smily>

I tried! It was my first time!

Forgive me?