Old 08-15-2009, 02:32 PM   #1  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

Default 30 Somethings Weekend chat 8/15 - 8/16

I didn't see a daily thread yet - so here it is.

I am having a nice start to my weekend. DH got up with the kids and I took the baby into bed with me at 7. Baby ate, and we both fell back asleep until almost 9 when the aroma of coffee and pancakes wafted into my bedroom. Yum!

I took my measurements today and have lost another inch off of hips and waist in the last month. I weighed today to and see no change in 10 days. Oh well, I may have been a bit heavy today because I cashed in some flex points last night and had an extra piece of home made lasagna with home made sauce (tomatoes from the garden). It was just SO good. Well worth it!

DH went off to work and kiddos and I went to Wal-Mart. The big kids spent some of their money on a special outfit and the little kids took turns screaming. I didn't get everything on the list, but maybe I can go out alone for some things tomorrow - what a treat!

Here's a hug for all of you who continue to be here to support me. I would've quit weeks ago if I didn't have this forum to come to!

Happy Weekend!
Andrea
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 09:47 PM   #2  

Hi everyone!

Hope you're all having a great, staying on plan, weekend!
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 07:54 AM   #3  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All! Hope everyone's having a great weekend!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 08:55 AM   #4  

Height: 5'6"

Morning all.

First I have to apologize ONCE more for taking a little hiatus. First I was getting things done before school/work started back. Taking DD to do fun things like the movies, shopping, swimming. Then school started back and oh boy at the paperwork. The first 3 days of school I didn't leave my office except to call parents or Dr's office to verify new orders. (I'm a school nurse for those of you who don't know). I thought I would post at night but have been coming home so exhausted that I haven't felt like doing much of anything .

On top of that (and why I am exhausted) I have yet ANOTHER sinus infection . My head feels like it's going to explode. I haven't been sleeping very well and I am so tired.

Even with school starting back and being sick for the last two weeks I have been very good on my diet. I decided that the best thing for me was to do Weight Watchers. This is my third time on WW but third times is the charm, right? I have tried many diets but always feel left out when I can't join my friends and family. What I need to do is learn to live with food, not live for food. I am DOING it this time and not just dreaming about it. I know WW's works, when I was very commited I would lose. What I did was have days of complete commitment, then the next day, I'd be ohhh... just one bite, one little bit of something, then it was an eating all day long and I told myself, you can start tomorrow. Then start the next day, fall off the following day. Plus I have cheated and under counted my points. And so the cycle continued for years and years.

I am sick and tired of gaining and losing the same weight year after year. I am sick of being frustrated. I am sick of looking the way I do. I am sick of dreaming about it but never doing it. I am here now to DO IT!.

So I am happy to report after the last two weeks of being commited I am down from 214.6 to 209.8 this morning. Yipppeeee!!
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 09:24 AM   #5  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

Oh Beth, bless your heart! I know this drill!! When i started back on this journey (for the 3rd time!) I was really disappointed in myself. I couldn't get over the fact that I'd lost the SAME weight before. But - you can't go back in time. You're here now - and that's what matters. We love ya!!

Yesterday we had the "ill-fated" trip to Wal-Mart, but while we were there they had full rotisserie chickens for $3! I bought two and we ate them for lunch and dinner. I boned out one and put some chicken, and some lowfat cheese on a lowfat tortilla, folded it over and put it in a skillet to melt it all together. Topped with lowfat sour cream and some salsa and those were the best darn quesadillas ever!

While I was getting ready this morning, I realized that I actually DID get some exercise in last week. I think pushing a stroller full of kids all over the neighborhood for an hour qualifies! I guess since I wasn't suiting up in my exercise clothes and running on the treadmill, I thought it didn't count it! So, I added it to my sad little ticker -

Happy Sunday all!

Last edited by mortonpixie; 08-16-2009 at 09:28 AM.
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 10:56 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Hey guys! I was ondering how everyone was and who was still around. I got back on the horse yesterday (darn thing near trampled me and ripped out my gizzard! LOL) after a long time of laying under it!! I had lost 28 pounds last year and have slowly gained it all back except for 13 pounds. Needless to say, I'm kinda annoyed with myself. Anyway, I'm here and I'm 40 but since I started out with the 30-somethings, I'll stay here!! LOL

Hey Lauren and Sunshine!!!
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 11:13 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

I have to go back to work tomorrow and it's bumming me out, BUT I am hoping that it helps me get control of my eating. I keep gaining. I am running still, but I am losing control of eating and I need to get control back. Hopefully a specific schedule will help me out.
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 01:24 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Food journaling helps immensely!! I use sparkpeople.com. They have great food and fitness diaries to help you.
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 08:04 PM   #9  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hey Val! I'm 41 and still here...
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote