30 Somethings Daily chat: Monday, June 1, 2009

• Afternoon!

I haven't posted here in 3 or 4 months. Thought I would check in and say hello. I've been busy. Just had a baby May 6th. Now it is time to start thinking about losing weight again. It was nice not to think about it for 9 months. Haven't started exercising yet either, gonna wait for the DRs okay.

I see alot of the old gang is gone, looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Hope everyone is having a good Monday!

Alicia
  • Welcome back and congrats on the new baby!

I guess I would be considered 'new gang'. I signed up years ago but wasn't ever very active. I'm looking forward to getting to know you here.

Okay- here's my rant of the day. I worked out intensely for 300 minutes and ate carefully all week (except for the chocolate cake on Saturday) and I end up gaining 0.8 lbs. I know it's water but still- those are my results.

The hubs does a half-arsed effort and works out for 190 minutes of light to moderate exertion. HE loses 4.2 lbs. MEN! Don't get me wrong- I'm glad he's seeing some success because it's a win for me too but at the same time, I wish I'd seen some better numbers too.
  • MEN! BOO!:-P

Lois: Welcome back! I think I remember you...from when I was on over a yr ago?

I TOTALLY agree!. My husband does the same. It is just soooooooo frustrating!

My husband lost 2 lbs and did barely anything and I gained 2 pounds and have been working out an average of an hr a day. My friends say they see inches but I didn't keep track. I should though because I need that for good news when the scale doesn't come down. I just bought my fitness coach for the wii and since it makes you keep track of inches, I am hoping it will be motivating.

Keep it up, Bin! It'll come off, fo sho!
  • Hi All,

Alicia, welcome back!

Bin, men...

Laurie!
  • Hi bindersbee! Yes men lose weight so easily. I know my DH can skip a few meals and lose some weight.

Laurie, yes I do remember you. Let us know how you like the fitness coach. We have the wii, but I haven't even looked at it yet.

Hi Lauren! How are you? The boys? Your mom? Hope everyone is doing good.
  • back Alicia!
    Congrats on the arrival of your LO!