Old 06-10-2009, 11:03 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 245/245/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaplods View Post
I've vowed not to put any part of my life on hold for weight loss - only allowing the fat to prevent me from doing things it physically prevents me from doing, not mentally or socially. So I don't have any "after weight loss" plans, only some "when I can physically accomplish it" plans.

The only one that absolutely requires a specific amount of weight loss to accomplish is horseback riding. Mainly because horses have weight limits, and I've read that a horse shouldn't be made to carry more than 20 to 25 percent of it's weight. Which means to ride now, I'd need a large draft horse. I'd also have to strengthen my back and legs and improve my balance. There's no guarantee that losing weight will reverse all of my health issies, so I may never be healthy enough to ride, but it is my one "when I lose weight," dream.
That was really touching. I hope you are able to accomplish all of the physical goals you have!
WeighIWantToBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 11:18 PM   #17  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 255/211/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaplods View Post
I've vowed not to put any part of my life on hold for weight loss - only allowing the fat to prevent me from doing things it physically prevents me from doing, not mentally or socially. So I don't have any "after weight loss" plans, only some "when I can physically accomplish it" plans.

The only one that absolutely requires a specific amount of weight loss to accomplish is horseback riding. Mainly because horses have weight limits, and I've read that a horse shouldn't be made to carry more than 20 to 25 percent of it's weight. Which means to ride now, I'd need a large draft horse. I'd also have to strengthen my back and legs and improve my balance. There's no guarantee that losing weight will reverse all of my health issies, so I may never be healthy enough to ride, but it is my one "when I lose weight," dream.
kaplods,

This is a lovely sentiment. My one thrill in life is horseback riding -- I've been riding since I was 11 and competing since I was 13. It is a wonderful goal and I hope that you reach it. I'm sure that you will.

Don't be afraid to call around as you get lighter to see where you may be able to ride. Weight limits are there for the safety of the horse, but the carrying ability of horses does vary by breed. There are some smaller horses that are bred to carry weight very well. Also remember that a western saddle distributes weight better than an english saddle. Also, there is no weight limit for learning horsemanship and handling horses. You can learn a lot by grooming and loving on a horse!

I can't wait until you get to ride! It's a great incentive. One of the reasons I've gained so much weight lately is that my horse has been recovering from an injury for over two months now.

Good luck as you continue your journey and keep me updated. I'll be thrilled if I can welcome someone else into the sport that I love!!
Rebound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 11:51 PM   #18  

Schedule an appointment for surgery to eliminate all the extra skin I'll have hanging around!!
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 12:27 PM   #19  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 255/211/160

Oh, there was one really really important one I forgot. When I lose the weight I'll be able to wear my engagement ring again. I've been wearing only my wedding band, which is a few sizes bigger than my engagement ring, for the past months.

I know it hurts my husband's feelings to see my engagement ring sitting there in my jewelery box. He'll be so very happy when I can wear it again!
Rebound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 02:28 AM   #20  
A new me ahead

S/C/G: 216/211/130

Height: 5'3

Go shopping for office clothes at "normal sized' stores and get pregnant ASAP. So shopping for maternity and baby things are also in order if things happen as planned.

Good luck to all of us!
precious anne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 10:41 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/135

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheercoach0101 View Post

Dating is second on the agenda.
I never really bothered with this because i didnt think anyone would be interested in me. All my 'skinny' friends all had boyfriends and i was always the single one and after a while, even when i started get offers for dates, i still wouldnt go on dates coz i had allowed myself to believe noone really wanted me.
Am I reading this right? You are 5'4 and 151lbs and not dating because you believe no one is interested?

I think plenty of people here would agree that many men would be interested in you, I really think you should put yourself out there, I meant my husband at 175lbs and speaking as someone who weighs MUCH more than you, I'm just so sad that you think this way. There is so much more to dating and relationships than being skinny. If you put yourself out there, guys WILL be interested.
Mikayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:17 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 74.4kg/58.8kg/54kg

Height: 161cm/5ft 3 1/2 in

Definitely clothes shopping! I want to lose enough to need a whole new wardrobe, and I`ll chose it for beauty and sexiness and not for its ability to make my body look good (as it will, regardless of what I wear!).

I also will buy a bikini, allow my husband to photograph me in it during our next holiday *and* show off the photos afterwards! :-)
Stella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 04:49 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 225/205/150

Height: 5'5

I'm going to buy cute clothes! My first stop is to find some cute jeans at Buckle!
DawnSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 05:02 PM   #24  
On my way to a size 10!

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Another goal = I want to be able to walk into Hollister or Abercrombie and shop (for my daughter) and not have people glare at me. Um, hello...I'm not shopping for myself. I do realize I am too heavy to shop there and I am also TOO OLD to shop there! I do watch TLC's What Not To Wear and I know that a woman of my age (with a child who is old enough to wear clothes from there) shouldn't be shopping in a store like that. LOL
I just hate it when I window shop at some of the upscale places and I get those glares...its almost like I can hear them saying - what are you doing...you're too fat to wear that! (I know...I gotta work on my self respect. I might be overweight, but I'M BEAUTIFUL DAMMIT!)
SamanthaJubilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 07:18 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 198/128/138

Height: 5'7

Quote:
I want to be able to walk into Hollister or Abercrombie and shop (for my daughter) and not have people glare at me.
Ha, me too!

I always feel like I have to announce "I'm shopping for my daughter!" when I walk into those places.

Anyway, as far as plans, by some hot Seven for All Mankind jeans, some totally expensive and great lingerie and not feel like the fat friend.

Last edited by amynbebes; 06-15-2009 at 07:22 PM.
amynbebes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 12:30 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 112kg 247 lbs/90kg/67kg 147lbs

Height: 5'3'' 160 cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
to make sure the loser that dumped me sees me,and I won't give him a second look!
Exactly what I was thinking
, and to see certain people faces on my 25th high school reunion next year , is one of my biggest motiv to make it this time

Last edited by Nell68; 06-20-2009 at 12:42 PM.
Nell68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 04:43 PM   #27  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

I am going to get a sporty cute way-short hair cut and possibly some highlights. I also have reward for my mini-goals. I love bath salts and foot spa stuff - so a little something like that when I get to my mini-goal of "onederland".
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 09:36 PM   #28  
Jiggle, BE GONE WITH YOU!

S/C/G: 256/185/170

Height: 5'6

I'd like to wear a shoe with a heel. Not stripper heels, but a nice fun heel or wedge. When I wear them now, I feel disproportionate.

Some members of my family have made fun of me because of my weight. I'd like to see them eat their hate.

Oh, and I want to try on jeans and not end up crying in the fitting room.

It must be TOM...that was a depressing post! LOL
dietcokehead98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:29 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 231/224/150

I have to say that I agree with some of you and that is GO SHOPPING!! I get so depressed shopping these days and I LOVE to shop! LOL

I think I am totally happy with myself but feel I need to be a little healthier. I have two beautiful children and heart disease runs on both sides of my family...

So my biggest plan is to live a super long healthy life and watch my children become wonderful adults
CaliMomma7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 11:07 AM   #30  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamanthaJubilee View Post
When I have maintained for 1 year...I will get my tummy tuck. After 3 kids I have a kangaroo pouch & it's GOT TO GO!

I'm just afraid that due to my skin being stretched (with stretch marks) that even when I lose the weight that I'm not going to look good in a swimsuit.
After two kids and being overweight for 5 years, my skin does not look so great. I know that even when I lose the last 20#, a two-piece is probably not in my future. *But*, I have the BEST one-piece ever. This is the first year in as long as I can remember that I've worn a bathing suit without the little skirt.

Lands' End - Grecian V-neck Slender Swimsuit
http://www.landsend.com/pp/AlloverCo...5&origin=index

My tummy looks trim and I'm fine with no two-piece! :-)
rachinma is offline   Reply With Quote