30 Something's Daily Chat: Thurs, 04/30

• Morning ladies!

The sun is shining...it's a beautiful day here so far!

I'm happy to report that I'm an aunt again! My 4th niece arrived yesterday at 1:17pm...Mikaila Michelle Margaret weighed in at 8lbs 2oz! I can't wait to go see her and the rest of my family tomorrow morning!

It's gonna be a challenge to eat healthy while visiting my family this weekend, but I can do it! No fast food for me!

How's everyone doing?
  • Mornin' All!

Wifey, Congrats!!
  • GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!
    Well Im back...not sure who is around that was here when I was (its been quite a while and I have gained quite some weight!)
    I need to focus and get back on track..things were going great and I dont know it just all slipped away....sooooo here I am again

Lauren: good morning

Wifey: congrats on the new little girl! being an auntie is wonderful and you have 4! enjoy your family this weekend

ok all...have a wonderful day...i will be working on staying focused and not giving in...bye!
  • Awww! congrats on the niece. Newborns are so precious.

Things are much better here. I love my scale today as it says I lost those 4lbs it said I gained on Monday. I am trying to be very strict with my eating (I should do it all the time) as tomorrow I am going to the Women of Joy conference. I will be gone Friday night, all day Saturday and half the day on Sunday. That means a lot of eating out. I am nervous about it but determined not to make the same mistakes I keep making when I go out to eat. My best friend is going and she knows how I have been struggling. Just her being there I hope will keep me on track.

Binderbee, you said something a couple of days ago that really struck me.
    When you had the cinnamon rolls you said something to the effect of... shouldn't have to try to make up lost ground. I have been repeating that to my self. When I am faced with food choices or eating something when maybe I really don't need it, I ask myself, if I eat this will I have to make up lost ground? If yes, then I don't eat it.

Hope your all having a great day!
  • Yay it's almost Friday

Wifey- So happy for your new addition to the family....that's always exciting!

Christina- Welcome back! I just recently joined, and look forward to getting to know you and everyone a little more each day

Squeak351- I'm glad you reminded me of what Binderbee said, that's a good thing to tell myself when temptations arise....congrats on the 4 lbs....that's awesome!!!

It's still TOM, but I broke down and W-I this morning...I've almost lost 2 lbs.....my first accomplishment in this journey! Now, I just gotta keep it up (or down lol)!!!

Have a great day y'all!
  • I'm sorry to be absent for a few days. It's the end of the month, and that means a lot of data entry.

I’m so grateful to tell everyone that I received a scholarship from my employer for $500. Awesome! I can now take more than one class, since I don’t have to pay the money up front. This scholarship is going to go a long way in helping me get more credits under my belt. My major is Computer Information Services. My employer has a tuition re-imbursement program, but still, it was a little difficult to have to shell out the money up front.

As part of my agreement, I will be doing volunteer hours. I am knitting little baby hats for the nursery.