The Murtaw List

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Did you watch "How I Met You Mother" last night. They are around 30. The Murtaw list is from the Lethal Weapon movies. "I'm getting too old for this s&&*"

So what are you getting too for? Examples from last night: Getting a piercing, going to a rave, crashing on a fouton at your friend's house.
  • All of the above.
  • Hmm, getting colored hair extensions. I had mentioned about a pink color in my hair - and DH said "you're too old for that" "you are a mother of 3"...
  • Quote: Hmm, getting colored hair extensions. I had mentioned about a pink color in my hair - and DH said "you're too old for that" "you are a mother of 3"...
    Silly man.
  • Quote: Did you watch "How I Met You Mother" last night. They are around 30. The Murtaw list is from the Lethal Weapon movies. "I'm getting too old for this s&&*"

So what are you getting too for? Examples from last night: Getting a piercing, going to a rave, crashing on a fouton at your friend's house.
    Oh gosh, definitely too old to crash on a futon!
  • Quote: Silly man.
    Indeed, very silly man. I see nothing wrong with it!
  • That was a good episode. I love that Barney was defeated by Ted's Murtaugh list!
  • Having full fledged conversations via text messaging. I don't know why, but something about more than a quick "I'm on the way" via text message DRIVES ME INSANE. If it's going to be more than a one liner, I actually call (unless it's a situation where I know the other party can't have a vocal conversation).

I also think I'm too old for a belly button piercing - but I still would like to get one when I get to goal weight!
  • Quote:
    Having full fledged conversations via text messaging. I don't know why, but something about more than a quick "I'm on the way" via text message DRIVES ME INSANE. If it's going to be more than a one liner, I actually call (unless it's a situation where I know the other party can't have a vocal conversation).
    Great one. I'm too old for that stuff!!
  • I think I'm too old to wear the really distressed jeans.
  • Quote: I also think I'm too old for a belly button piercing - but I still would like to get one when I get to goal weight!
    May I stick my 48-yr-old nose in here and say if you want it...you should get it! Even if you never display it. You will know you have it and it's your nice little secret. I got mine when my tum was nice enough to show if I wanted, and that was two years ago.

I also know a lawyer lady, who must be around my age, who rocks the best haircut, dark, short and spiky, with these incredible deep magenta streaks. And yes, she's a successful lawyer, LOL!
  • VermontMom -- Is that profile pic you??? If so, there's NO WAY you can be in your 40's! You look fab! (At 36 I'm probably too old to say "FAB!" but it fits!)
  • I DVR'd it!! I guess I shouldn't have read this thread...I luv HIMYM!!! I'm getting too old for low rider jeans.
  • i laught hard last night at that episode...i think the one i'm going with is staying up all night...sorry but my body just doesn't do well anymore..or even the beer funnel one...more than two drinks..i'm hurting the next morning oye ve!
  • heh, I got my navel pierced like 10 years ago, when I was in my mid-30's. I wasn't thin by any means, but I really wanted it done so in I went. I murmured something about, "Sorry about my fat tummy" and the girl who did the piercing said, "Bellies of all shapes are beautiful." Cool, huh! Anyway, I still have mine. Nobody knows about it except for the very select few and that's the way I like it!

I don't think anyone is too old for that. But I DO think I'm too old to go dancing with my gal-pal at the club where all the 21 year olds go dancing. I feel like the token Mom when I go there. Booo!