30 Something's Sunday Chat: 3/15

• Mornin' All!

Geez, I hope everyone is busy because it's getting warmer out!

I had to take Peter to a birthday party yesterday, then we had to take Eli to the vet, then got a new fish for the boys - a blue male betta, he's very handsome.

Today I'm menu planning. What's your favorite meal to freeze?

Have a great day!
  • Mornin' everyone!

Last week was a tough week for me emotionally, but I still managed to stick to my diet for the most part, AND lose 2lbs. My bff from h.s. was diagnosed with breast cancer last year, and it has now metastasized to her lungs. She's been in the hospital all week. If you wouldn't mind, please say a prayer for her.

I'm making a birthday cake for my ds2 today. He turned 7 on Friday. They grow up so fast!

LBH, I have never frozen meals. I do buy frozen lasagna though! lol

HAppy Sunday
  • I buy frozen meals from Trader Joes and use them when we are in a rush. They are pretty healthy and EASY.

It is cold, windy and rainy here and so we are grocery shopping and doing fun stuff like that.

I went out to Mexican food last night and had a one item dinner, but I did enjoy a big margarita that cost the same as my dinner. It was a fun time with friends though.
  • Hey guys!

It's nasty, drizzly rain here all day. I hope it clears up soon, this week is spring break! yeah!

Today was a nice family day but not so good on the diet. I came home after church and fixed spaghetti. Then DH wanted ice cream so we went to Marble Slab, ACK... Why oh why did I get a big ice cream on a cone, instead of a kids cup like I had planned. Seems like I never learn. It's just two one more day before I meet with the docs to start my new plan. I am excited and scared. DH said well, you'll still cook for me won't you, I won't have to eat what you eat? HAH! I told him he would eat what I fix and eat or he would starve or fix it hisself!

LBH- love blue bettas. DD had one named Colby that lived for 4 years. We had a air thingy in his bowl which makes them live longer than without the air.

Daydreamer, congrats on the 2 lbs. You lost it but I think I gained it!!!
    A prayer for your friend---definitely let her know I will say a prayer for her.
  • Today was beautiful! I spent it at church in the morning, and then shopping in the afternoon, and went for a walk later on (DS was walking too though, so it was a VERY slow walk that didn't go very far!)

daydreamer -I am so sorry about your friend. I will definitely say a prayer for her.
  • Hi everyone!

I hope you all had a great weekend. I worked most of the weekend-I'm glad that my job involves walking! I also took my dd on a hike on Sat. as well. Foodwise I wasn't all that great, but I could have been a lot worse as well.

LBH-One thing my DH makes are stuffed shells with lowfat ricotta and spinach. They freeze well and we just pop them in the oven, pour spaghetti sauce over them, and let them bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes.

Daydreamer-I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. She'll definitely be in my prayers.