Eating well and feeling more hungry...

• I have been writing down what I eat for about a week now but I've decided to put a real effort in on my diet. I'll do great with eating most of the day but then I get really, really snacky in the evening. That is the hardest thing for me to control.

I did pretty good last night. When I got hungry I had some baby carrots and some hummus. Then about 2 hours after that I made a veggie burger with spinach on it, on a 100 cal whole wheat bun.

I've just noticed when I eat healthier snacks I seem to have a real grumbly feeling in my stomach. After I had the sandwich I no longer felt hungry but I still had that grumbly feeling. Does anyone else get that way?

Amber
  • Yes - its your stomach digesting the food. I get that way after certain foods, most notably apples. Wait it out for an hour or so, and you'll generally feel better. Its definitely for me a high-fiber food thing
  • Yes, this is happening to me all the time. I try to drink some water when the tummy grumbles after eating, because I know I'm not really hungry...if I can stand if for just a short time, it goes away. I figured it's because I'm used to eating til I'm stuffed, so when I stop at a "normal" serving, I still think I'm hungry, but I'm really not. I also try to eat slower, and eat more fiber.

Maybe when you get the munchies, try a boiled egg sliced up on an Arnold sandwich thin, I find that boiled eggs really keep me full longer than I think they will. Same thing if I eat an apple, it will hold me over.
  • Yeah I love those Arnold sandwich thins. I try to make sure protein is a part of every meal and snack.

You guys are right it must be the high fiber thing. Carrots always do that to me!

Amber