Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2002, 11:58 AM   #16  

HELLO!

Barely made it op yesterday (because of the morning cookies) but I made it. I've had a great week - except for Sunday - hope that doesn't blow my weigh in, but it might.

Lauren - I craved chocolate. I was in college at the time & I remember my roommate baking me chocolate brownies with chocolate chips in them! ~ And the cookies are gone now. I stayed out of them the rest of the day until he picked them up last night.

Dap - hooray for all of the walking!

Lys - oh no on the hip! Take care of yourself. ~ My you were posting late.

gotta run - beautiful day here - Rabbit
OP since 5/13/02
Old 05-15-2002, 12:41 PM   #17  

Great news!!! I do not have the bad eye thing. I am far-sighted? and have never been given a perscription for the right glasses. He gave me 1 for half of what he thinks I need and thinks I should work up to the full thing. He thinks that once my eyes are not working so hard all the time, I won't have problems seeing at night. He did NOT think there was any loss of my visual field. Most importantly - the test that measures the electrical impulses from your retina was completely normal - this is the "definitive" diagnostic test for retinal degeneration. So, I should NOT have problems with that in the future and hopefully these new glasses will help with the difficulty I do have seeing.

Needless to say, I was a huge, stressed out basket case all week. However, I did decide on Monday that, even if I did get bad news on Tuesday, I could either be a skinny blind person or a fat blind person - and I would rather be a skinny one So, I had a celebratory whoopie pie and coke yesterday and was back op for dinner.

Thanks for all of your support. Will catch up later and post more on the true miracle and joy of life.

Old 05-15-2002, 01:22 PM   #18  
Miss. Brat

S/C/G: 262/262/140

Height: 5'3"

Talking

Bailey I am so happy for you!!!!! Just wanted to read the new post and say woohoo for you! I bet you are on cloud 10 not even a 9 today! D
Old 05-15-2002, 01:24 PM   #19  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Bailey- Yeah, I'm soo glad to hear that everything turned out good at the eye doctor!!

Rabbit- Glad you're still OP!!

Lyss- Oh noo, time to through out that stair step!

Jul- My mom never had m/s either. But she was a little preeclampsic towards the end.

Brat- No cravings yet...just hungry!! Me being the paranoid person I am, I wish I did have cravings or m/s...just to confirm that I really am, still am, pregnant!! It's just Roadrunner and I that are PG...unless there's anyone else holding out?! HMMM??? :lol

Have a great afternoon all!!
Old 05-15-2002, 02:45 PM   #20  

Hi everyone!! I don't have a chance to read thru and catch up but I wanted to let you know that I'm being good. So far I've stuck with mostly salads except for the sushi I had last night -- yummy!!! CA people can make some killer salads!! I haven't been doing as well on the exercise area. I put in 1 hr on Monday (5 miles) but that's it so far. My evenings have been spent lounging in the jacuzzi enjoying the free alcohol.

Take care and miss ya!!!
Liz
Old 05-15-2002, 05:07 PM   #21  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi guys!! Hope everyone is doing well. I am not eating so well this week. I will have bad news on WI if I don't straighten up and fly right!! People at work are beginning to notice that I'm loosing so I want to keep it up!!

Bailey: WOOHOOO!! I am so glad for you!! I hope the new glasses work and you can see better.

Lauren: Wonder if you'll still be saying that in 8 1/2 months!!
Yeah, DH and I are definitely walking a fine line. I've decided that he is broken!! The gyno never said anything about me being broken afterall!!

Rabbit: Yeah OP!! I KNOW how hard it is. You are doing awesome.

DAB: Yeah on the exercise. Keep it up. That's next on my agenda, but I gotta whip one problemo at a time!!

I've won two Dawn doll auctions and I am SO excited!! I can't wait to get the dolls. I think I'm going to have to start hitting estate sales and see what I can come up with!!

OK, Hope you all are having a wonderful evening!!
Old 05-15-2002, 05:51 PM   #22  
Donna

Hello Everyone,

I have decided that the scale lies!!!! Last week I was feeling good my clothes were fitting better and things seemed to be going well, I went to WI and had gained 2 lbs . This week, I was feeling bloated my rings barely fit my fingers I was hungry all the time and eating like the food would disappear, and I went to WI and I lost 4 lbs . I'm not complaining, I'm just confused. Anyway now I've got that off my chest....

I've decided that I should definately lose weight at this new job, not only am I out of the house so I have to eat on a regular schedule (not wait until I'm starving and then over eat), but I think I'm shorter from all the walking I did today. Of course today was training, and we were touring, but it still will be a big improvement over what I have been doing which is basically nothing. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed, and going out to buy new shoes!!!

LBH - you are definately strange if you wish you had M/S, from what I saw of my sister I would not wish that on anyone!!!

KarenK - Congrats on the "Dawn dolls" you sure seem excited. Just FYI - after 2 years, my sister and BIL decided something must be "broken" and went for fertillity testing and were going to be put on drugs but a scope test had to be done first and since it was invasive they did a PG test first and guess what they are due 7/18. So I wouldn't count on something being out of wack unless you're sure.

Rabbit - congrats on staying out of the cookies after a few, I don't think I could do all the baking you do w/o serious problems.

Liz - Glad you're enjoying yourself. Beware, free alcohol is (just kidding).

Baily - Glad you got good news at the eye doctor!!!!

DaB - you are just an exercising machine!! I am impressed.

Lyss - Hope your hip is feeling better soon. Time to sell that macine, and get one you can use!

Sorry if I missed anyone.

Gotta go mow the lawn (big drawback of home ownership) since we'll be out freezing our a**es off camping this weekend. I can't believe they're predicting chance of nighttime snow showers and we're going to be in a tent. May have to think about this some more......

Have a great evening everyone.

- Tech

Last edited by TechAlum; 05-15-2002 at 05:56 PM.
Old 05-15-2002, 09:28 PM   #23  

Hi everyone!

Bailey, I am so glad to hear that your eye is ok. It is probably wise to work your way up to the right prescription.
When I got glasses about 10 years ago the eye Dr took one look at me and said PLEASE tell me you have not been driving without any corrective vision. Well it was an adjustment when I got the glasses. I felt like I was constantly falling.

Rabbit, Good job getting on plan.

We are doing well on our end here. I am feeling very bloated so I hope I experience the same thing as you tech.

Hello to everyone else. I have to get running as it is girls night. We are all bouncing off the walls as we only have two weeks to the pv trip. This is the trip that the DH and I are going a week early then 6 other couples are joining us and we are staying in a villa for the second week.
Old 05-16-2002, 08:24 AM   #24  

Finally some time to myself. The kids are still in bed. We stayed up watching the amazing race last night so they are tired. Anyway, had a lot of catching up to do. I don't even know the last time I checked in. Saturday was our anniversary I did not eat too much but I drank too much . Then Mothers Day went to my mom's house. Good old farm wife that loves to cook. Had some beer can chicken on the grill. OH yum yum that skin! And then the grilled butter baked potatoes. I did not even try to count the points. I even ate dessert. So since Monday I have had a jug of water practically in my mouth constantly. It seems to be working. Also TOM that always helps me because I get so bloated that my jeans are tight and I don't possibly have room for anything else. No big plans this weekend. Have to clean the cabin and get it ready for summer. That will be my exercise!

Rabbit Keep up the good work; to start the morning with cookies and end op is awesome!

Bailey I worried about you - glad to hear the great news!

Liz Sounds great Keep enjoying

KarenK When people notice it is so encouraging Keep up the good work!

Lauren I know what you mean about MS - it does relieve your wonder good luck!

Lyss Sell the thing so you do not hurt yourself again!

Tech Congrats on the 4#'s I know what you mean it puts you on an emotional rollercoaster to think one way and have the scale go the opposite direction.

Nanci Two weeks of vaca that will be heaven!

Daphne You go! Sure wish I had your energy!

Everyone have a great day!
Drink your WATER
:wave]
Old 05-16-2002, 09:25 AM   #25  

Hi!

I've only got time for a quick post. I need to get a lot done today before taking off for another show tomorrow. We get a break next weekend (no show). Our apprentice moved in on tuesday - it will be nice to have her help for the next 3 mts.

- jul
Old 05-16-2002, 11:53 AM   #26  

Hi!

Had another OP day & I feel good about it. It's good to know you're doing it right, you know?

Bailey - so happy to hear your eye news!!

Lauren - glad to hear you are feeling good.

Liz - sounds like you are handling your traveling well - good for you!

Karen - terrific that people at work are noticing!

Tech - hooray for your loss! Wild about the scales! ~ I did have serious problems with the baking I did over the holidays & don't plan to make that mistake again. I've got to be careful. ~ Enjoy your camping trip & don't freeze!

Nanci - have fun at girls night out! ~ Your vacation plan sounds awesome.

L&F - Thanks!

Jul - good luck at the show.

Rabbit
OP since 5/13/02
Old 05-16-2002, 12:45 PM   #27  

Wow, miss a day, and a lot happens. My hip is actually worse today, and I didn't even exercise yesterday...could be the shoes I wore (platform type of sandals). Anyway just to clarify, it was one of those step things that looks like a box, not a stair stepper. I don't have enough room for real exercise equipment, or I would be using that, and not what I have. I have always wanted the kind that starts off small, and then you add more pieces until it is the height of a real step, but at the time I bought mine, it was out of my price range, and so I bought the cheap one which is the tallest height, and doesn't adjust. Needless to say, for my short stature, it is definitely too high!

I just got my tests from the dr, and everything is ok. So, now I will tell you all the scoop. I haven't been hungry in years!!! I always thought it was just because I over ate, so I never thought much about it. But, I haven't been over eating since January 25, and I started to wonder if there was more to it than just not being hungry. So I started looking up the causes on the internet. I found a site that listed possible causes, and they were anything from depression to colon cancer! And they said that it should be discussed with your dr. I was a little scared when I first read the info, but felt much better after I actually talked to the dr. So, thanks for your prayers. I did't want to tell you all before, because I thought you would think I was crazy. I am, but that is beside the point!!!

Rabbit - You are doing really great, keep it going.

Jul - Cool about the helper/apprentice. Boy don't we all wished we could have one.

L&F - Glad you could visit. Sounds like you had a nice Mother's day. Your mom sounds like the kind of mom I want to be some day, but I have to get the farm first. I think I should throw my step in the trash, I wouldn't want anyone else getting hurt on it like I did.

Nanci - I hope you had fun. Sounds like a really fun trip.

Tech - Just snuggle closer to dh on the camping trip. It may be a real fun trip.

Karen - I will have to look up dawn dolls, I think I had some when I was really little. A great aunt sent me some dolls that fit that description when I was about 3 to my great grandmother's house, but they disappeared shortly after that. I always missed it, and wanted more, maybe I get some now.

Liz - Sounds like you are doing good, and having fun. Looking forward to you getting back home.

LBH - I am with you on the m/s, it is supposed to be a good sign, but I think you have a few more weeks before you have to worry about that, and everyone is different. What matters most, is what the dr. says. So, don't worry, be happy.

Bailey - I am so happy for you, but what horrible terror to be in before you knew it was ok. Now you can come back to the exercise board, right?

Well, gotta run. I have found a really cool way to make a quilt, so I am busy working on making that!!! Hope it works for me, I am a newbie to quilting!!!
Old 05-16-2002, 11:45 PM   #28  

Hi all,

Well we are back from ww and I am trying not to freak out. I gained 4lbs. I know it is something weird as I have been op. I mean 4lbs! Sheesh.....
Dh lost .6

Mekkia, It sounds like your anniversary was fun.

Julie, Have a great time at the show. It is nice that you guys will be getting some help.

Rabbit, Congrats on another day op. That is awesome, all those days catch up.

Lyssalou, Glad to hear that everything is aok!
Old 05-17-2002, 08:47 AM   #29  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Hello all!!!We are back from the cruise!!!I did great food wise and never had any dessert except for fruit and FF yogurt twice...I reallly am disgusted by sweet things and turned on by veges for some strange reason..I crave cucumbers and potatoes at every meal...weirdest things..baked potatoes with jalopenos and ketchup...One day, it was pickles dipped in mashed potatoes..
My food cravings didnt start until week 8...The nausea is better unless my stomach is empty and then it hits..I fainted once on the cruise by sleeping late and going from 6pm to 10am without eating...My appetite is zero but it makes things better to eat small meals!!!!

Tech--I remember Dawn..in fact I still have mine!!!Too funny. I forgot about her!!!!

Lauren--YEAH!!!!!!I am going June 11 and hopefully will hear a heartbeat...I am almost 10weeks and they say 10-12 weeks with a doppler!!!!I am 4 weeks ahead of U!!!I will have the boy and he will fall in love with your girl and get married!!!!
DH bought me a silver baby spoon on the cruise in Cozumel since this was the first vacation with the baby....I am praying that it didnt jinx anything......

Will post more later!!!!Have a great day all!!!!
Vicki
Hey Lauren--wanna blow baby dust on every one here?????*L*
Old 05-17-2002, 11:25 AM   #30  

Hi all!

Well, I lost .25 again (same as last week) at weigh in last night. I'm happy for a loss - I blew Mother's day. Progress is progress! And I've started having tootsie pops again for my after lunch sweet craving - I'm very happy with myself about that.

Lyssa - I'm happy for you that you had good news from the doctor. ~ Cool about the quilt - how are you making it? I'm learning to sew and want to quilt one day!

Nanci - that's totally weird about the 4 pounds. Perhaps you are retaining water? I know right before my trip to FL I tried on clothes I HAD JUST BOUGHT & they were tight because I was retaining so much water before my period - I was freaking out & a couple days later everything was back to normal (after aunt flo showed up). Our bodies can be strange.

RR - you sound like you really enjoyed your trip! ~ No thanks on the baby dust, although I absolutely ADORE babies! But with ds being 21 and ss and sd being 20 & 22, I think it's a little late.

have a good weekend all~

Rabbit
OP since 5/13/02
Closed Thread