30 Somethings Weekend Chat: Sat/Sun Jan. 17-18th

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • GOOD MORNING CHICAS!!!

Hi all...I know I've been in & out lately..so busy. Funny how when your youngest goes off to school you actually become BUSIER!!! Anyway....things are good here. DH got on a construction job this week YAY!!! Hopefully it will take him through the spring when more jobs are expected to start up. Kids are good. I've been working out everyday for the past three weeks. Haven't lost any weight, but am seeing it in my stomach.

Kori, welcome back!!!

Lauren, sorry about your husband's granmother. Was he very close to her??

GG, glad the pup is okay. You are a mad woman out riding in that cold!!! Gald you had fun, though.

Ranger, so PROUD of you!!! Keep it up girl!! With allyou've been through lately, it would've been so much easier to eat your way through. SUCH DETERMINATION!!! Way to go, girl!!

Val..hey!! You still at BBB?? I swear, I went to Target yesterday, and thought about stopping in to see you. HOpe things are well. GO BIRDS!!

Okay, gotta go hit the treadmill. Hope everyone has a fantastic day!!!

Pam
  • Good morning all!! Well, check out my ticker would you please? I really worked at eating better than I have been this week and the scale shows it. Down 2.5 this week and with TOM!! I amvery pleased with myself. My biggest fear is to gain the weight back as I have done so many times I've lost count.

Pam... I'm still there! You should stop in. I can't talk if it's busy but if you came on a weekday, I might have a minute or two. It gets so friggin busy in there!!! GO E-A-G-L-E-S!!!!! I am so excited for sundays game!!! WOOHOO!!!

My hubby made this...

[IMG][/IMG]
  • We sell the snuggie at BBB... I think it's the stupidest thing ever... get a damn blanket if your cold... and hey... isn't it really just a backwards bathrobe?? Hubby made this for me since I wouldn't shut up about the stupid snuggie...

[IMG][/IMG]
  • Hi All!

Val, that is hilarious! Your DH sounds like mine...likes Photoshop and has waaay too much spare time! He used to make all sorts of funny pics of the boys in Photoshop!

Pam, you know, I'm soo much busier since I've been out of work. I noticed that the other times I've been out of work too, but I've made an effort to be more organized with my time this time, and find I'm still pretty busy! It's like, how much can I get done between 9-3?! With Robby in tow at that!
    DH was close to his nana, but she's lived in FL for many, many years, so I guess it's not the same as being close to a relative that lived nearby. She was 97, same age as my grandfather is. I think she's kind of the matriarch of the family, or at least very admired by the grandkids. They had a huge 90th bday party for her down there that we went to - think I was just PG with Peter at the time. Everyone got up and said a few words about her and the grandkids had the most to say. Her breaded chicken is famous, and she taught Jim & I how to make it when we were there - of course it doesn't taste just like hers, but it's close. Anyway, they made the arrangements for Wednesday, so DH is flying down with his brother & mom on Tuesday AM and coming back Thursday afternoon.

You know ladies, Bucks County isn't that far from me, I bet you're within an hour and a half, right? Maybe me & Robby should take a road trip some day and come meet you both! What do you think?
  • Valerie - Is the snuggie real? The pictures are hilarious.

I am off to visit a friend who lives about two hours away. She's prego and so we are going to go to Target and set up a wish list. I love that kind of shopping. I hope everyone is having a great weekend. I am off to try to do the treadmill. I am thinking about it, at least.
  • That snuggie thing is funny.

Woke up with a bit of a scratchy throat and am feeling a little congested. Going to fight it though, as I refuse to be sick! Even a cold is no fun.

It's cooler here than usual this time of year (it's in the 50s right now), though I know it's nothing compared to the northern areas. So, I guess I'm grabbing the jacket today!

Not much going on really. No real plans less for some working out which is per usual.
  • Welcome to the weekend!!! I've actually been at the saturday thing since 5:30 this morning. I like to get up before the kids and husband and have time for me with no one asking me for stuff!!!! (also worked out this morning!!)
    Poppy- loved the snuggie thing! Too funny.

Have a great day ladies!

Jo
  • Afternoon ladies!

Pam, that's great news about Frank, I was wondering if he'd found anything.

Valerie, congrats on the loss. My son wants me to get him the snugglie, he's so funny. He sees it on TV when he's watching cartoons and such. You actually look really good with that red one.

Lauren, sorry about your DH's Nana.

Riley, that sounds like a fun thing to do, enjoy your day!

Nothing going on here, just thought I would stop by and say hey. I'm making a veggie soup hoping it will help with my cold.

Hope all have a wonderful day!

BTW, I'm not a sports person....is this the Super Bowl Weekend? Just curious.
  • ROFL!!! Is the snuggie real?? You mean to tell me that you haven't seen the infomercial that plays 6 bazillion times about that stupid thing?? You haven't seen the dumb lady that can't change her tv with the remote because she's too dumb to use a blanket and almost falls off the sofa? Where ya been?!?!?!? LOL

I love the one of me in red with my hand on my hip... that is sooooo me. I look like a sassy cult member. Did you ever see that movie "The Village" with the people in the red robes?? Scary. That's me in my snuggie!! LOL

BBB put up a display of the snuggie in the store. We don't have mannequins so they built a large "T" on top of the snuggie shelving and draped a snuggie over it. I swear it's 12 feet tall on top of the display!!!! I keep telling everyone that before they start work, they have to pay homage to the snuggie god!!! LOL It looks ridiculous...

Anyway, just got home and am looking forward to my saturday night "take out" dinner. I feel so much better now that I lost that couple of pounds I gained. I have some of my motivation back and feel like I'm back on track.

Lauren... if Pam is up for it, I'm game for a get together. We could have lunch or something. Don't forget that I work one day each weekend so we just need to plan around that... sounds like fun!!
  • lol at poppy god i can't stand that stupid snuggie thing. I had to laugh at your post. The first time i saw the commercial..i thought..for real..someone actually invented this..and better yeat PEOPLE but it? ???

as for me..works was crappy to say the least. I had a bunch of stupid crazy client and then one client who is very non compliant chew me out. I'm so fed up with people today. The sad thing is i'm on an 8 days stretch...so not so great to start up the stretch with..i'm so done with people today. I just want to curl up and bed and sleep thr tomorrow. oh well hopefully it will be better tomorrow?????
  • GG, oh that sucks. Hope tomorrow is better.

Val & Pam, what are your weekday schedules? If I google my address to "bucks county, pa", it's around 67 miles. It puts me just east of Quakertown on 313 in Keelersville?? I guess that's the center of Bucks County. Anyway, I guess it's about an hour - hour and a half. Robby & I could fly out after I drop Peter off some morning, I just need to be back in town to pick him up a little before 3.
  • thanks lauren...i had a good cry and a wonderful hug and snuggle with Dh so i feel a bit better..still a bit down. Part of its that i'm hard on myself. I try to shoot for perfection..but sometimes vet aren't perfect..and i'm too harsh when i don't do things exactly as it should have..but then when you have a bunch of people who end up being very difficult, it makes it harder for you to get over simple things.
  • Quakertown is an hour west of me and Pam. Pam and I live 15-20 minutes away from each other. She lives in the town that I work in.

If you take the NJ turnpike to the PA turnpike (east) yu would get off at the Route 1/Phila exit (2nd exit I think). I live 10 minutes from there.

GG - So sorry you had such a bad day. I have nasty people all day long at work too so I can sympathize. Some days it really gets to me and others I let it roll off. Just remember why you do what you do. You're a vet because you love animals... not people!!! ROFLMAO!!! You know what I mean!!
  • GG and Poppy, I agree ~ when in retail or service oriented vocations, people can be so negative and detrimental to you. We personally are in the inventory season and I have that on top of my regular tasks. Not to mention that they have been cutting the budget (aka not scheduling so many hours) and that also takes a cut. Long story short ~~ I understand where you both are coming from.

Lisa
  • you guys are right..and most days i do let it roll off...i think it was just a rought day..hopefully today will be better.