Old 01-28-2009, 11:47 AM   #61  
Meredith

S/C/G: 175/160/150

Height: 5'4"

Hello Buddies! I haven't been posting for a few days...time has been consumed with school and trying to keep the kids occupied on the 2 snow days we have had. I am kind of hoping for no more, because, since we had 3 days off for the tropical storm that blew through Ohio in the fall, we only had 2 left! After that, we have to go on into June. Oh well, I have been staying within my calorie limits, but not working out...I know that I need to, just can't seem to motivate myself! I think I will do the treadmill and some 8 Minute Pilates (Love that DVD!) after I put the sick one down for a nap...
There is always a sick one here!

Hope you are having a great day!!

Meredith
meredithann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 10:46 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 333/238/150

Height: 5 ft 6 in

Hey everyone. It has been awhile since I was on here too. It has been a crazy last few days for me. We had cookie preorder turn in. My dad is getting some tests for prostate cancer done. My hubby's hours got cut back at work and he is stressed with school. All in all, ALOT to deal with. I've always heard that God never gives you more than you can handle, but its times like these that make me wonder. I do hope all of you can pick back up where you left off and keep going. One meal will not derail all of your hard work and neither will one missed workout, unless you LET it. That is the key, to move on and get back on track as soon as possible. That is just what I did tonight. I did a 30 minute step aerobic workout and this is the first time I have worked out since Saturday. I just have not felt up to it. Also, during times of very high stress I don't sleep. I was up all night last night and even tried to nap during the day, but no such luck. Luckily I got some laundry done and put up. I am hoping that I will get to sleep some tonight. This is something that I have dealt with for years and no medication works for it. It just has to run its course.
I will get back on track tomorrow eating healthy, drinking my water and wroking out at least 30 minutes. I hope you all have a great night!
amber961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 06:49 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 180/172/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi Buddies,
sounds like everyones had a busy week.
So here it is, the end of the month and i'm discouraged. i'm discouraged that with all the changes i've made, I haven't lost a thing
I cut out all sugary foods, sweets and things--my biggest binge foods. i've had multiple days in a row where i ate with in my calorie range. multiple, multiple days.
I thought once i cut out binge eating and just plain over eating, the pounds would come off easily. They always had in the past.
I wouldn't say i've increased my activity level any, but i haven't decreased it either. I'm just surprised my weight is stuck where it is. Normally when i cut back calories for a few days, it drops rather quickly.

So anyway, what do I do now?

An important thing for me as I lose weight is that i do not feel hungry. I want a diet that i can live off of for life. and if i'm getting hungry, which normally happens in the evenings, I wont stick with it.
So part of what i've been doing is almost experimenting i guess with different foods.
I normally can go all day on breakfast and lunch and not get very hungry. It usually around 2 or 3 pm that I get a 'bad' type of hunger. I know part of it is wearyness from the work day, part of it's stress, and part is really the need for food. I guess it's more of a low blood sugar feeling at that time of day, and that makes it the most challenging time to stick with any healthy eating goals that i have. it's the time i'm most likely to slip up....hmmm.

Today i felt that way and stopped at the grocery for a salad bar and some fruit. That actually helped alot.

so that's my first obstacle, the after work hours. The other though part of the day is after dinner. between like 7 and 9pm, I get this odd sort of pang in my stomach that can't be actual hunger, cuz i've just eaten. It puzzles me.

So anyway, sorry for the dejected tone of the post. I'm not about to give up. I am just frustrated. GARRRGH. I just want to feel good about how i look! It's starting to depress me.

well, i have some tricks up my sleeve for Feb. going to get a personal trainer at the gym. I'll have to work in more regular cardio. at least an extra day per week.
Hopefully the end of Feb. i'll be posting my wieght loss instead of my frustrations!!!!!!!
kaebea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 10:26 AM   #64  

Hey Kaebea,

Trust me I know how you feel! I have been trying very hard for the last three weeks to get below 275 and I feel like I am beating my head against a wall. I finally am understanding that the scale is not the end all be all measure of what we are doing. Are your clothes fitting different? How about your shoes? Do you feel better? Are you sleeping better; do you have more energy? Answers to questions like that will help you take a good look at what is going on in your body. We live in an instant society-we can get any info we need in the blink of an eye-and that makes us want to see and get instant results in weight loss. Don't let it discourage you! Sometimes your body has to catch up with all you are doing. Muscles get stronger and firmer as your fat cells shrink. You may have balanced out after losing alot of water weight and it will take time for the scale to move in the right direction. Don't give up!!!
I get that nightly hunger pang, too. Usually I can drink a cup of water or hot tea or some SF hot cocoa and it really helps. If that does not do the trick, I'll have a mini bag of microwave popcorn or some veggies with some hummus or peanut butter with carrots.
I know you can do this and February will be a great month for you!!!

Just keep going!
Old 01-31-2009, 04:56 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 246/238/146

Height: 5 ft 3 in

Hey everyone...It has been a looooong week. I haven't been on at all, but I have resisted donuts, cookies, cupcakes, and other junk at school this week. I feel so empowered to be able to separate my emotions from my eating. Just got my signature. I am siked about that! Hope you are enjoying a healthy weekend!
DanielleMomOf2Boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 06:38 PM   #66  

thanks amber. I know results will come, i just wish i could see something.

lets take a look at the questions:

Are your clothes fitting different? No.
How about your shoes? No.
Do you feel better? yeah, kinda. except for the no weighloss yet but my moods feel more stable, except when i'm suffering cabin fever!!!
Are you sleeping better; yeah, sometimes.
do you have more energy? a little, depends on the day.

Not too convincing yet, but we'll see if the answers are different in 4 weeks!
I've notice subtler changes, like i feel some bit of pride that i was able to stick with my New years resolution. I feel more focused and committed than i have in a long time, and I feel more positive over all, aside from my last post; I'm allowed a day or 2 of feeling dejected, aren't I?

I did swim yesterday, i took an hour early leave from work because i hadn't worked out in over a week and was feeling that 'seasonal affective disorder' thing pretty strong. Best 1 hour off work i ever had! felt sooooo much better today. they say the best cure for depression is exercise.

Hi Danielle, way to go with shunning the donuts and sweets Remember: THEY DON'T REALLY LOVE YOU!!!!
I feel alot better when i'm not eating that stuff, and I have better control over my binging impulses. It's one small step, but that's a start. and you can build from there.
Old 01-31-2009, 08:29 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 297/283.6/180

Height: 5' 10"

Hello all. Sorry, power has been out so I haven't been able to get on. So far I'm doing pretty good. I'm staying on plan as far as my calories are concerned. I've lost 13.5 Pounds. More or less. Not bad for starting on January 18th. Gotta love that initial weight. Anyway, My minigoal was 283 by valentines day, but I'm going to crush that, so I'm upping it 5 pounds. So my new goal is 278. Anyway, good job for those that are making their goals. For those that aren't quite there, don't give up. Everything will work out and you will get there. Never give up.
Masstacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 04:11 PM   #68  
You Will Get There

S/C/G: 316/316/200

Height: 5'7"

My name is Errica and I am a single parent of 2 children. We don't have cats or dogs but we have a ferret named Shaman. He doesn't act like a cat or a dog because he will bite your toes! lol. He is a good pet for my children. In the past, I'd been addicted to sweets and carbs. I also used to eat for comfort. Those are the habits that I am consisently working on. I am determined to get to 150 pounds by my birthday. I allowed myself to be side tracked due to the winter time and holidays. I love to cook in the winter and this winter is definitely no different. I have been sick the last couple of weeks with severe asthma and have lost weight due to that. Fortunately, I am determined not to allow it back on.
erricah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 09:59 PM   #69  

Default Help!

I really need some help here. I have fallen off the wagon in a HUGE way. I have no motivation what so ever to eat healthy or work out. I have been searching online for a new workout DVD or a Body Bugg or a new diet, hoping something would 'trigger' to me to get up and work out. I am craving carbs and sugar like there is no tomorrow. Every day in the afternoon, around 2:30, no matter where I am or what I am doing, I feel sluggish, sleepy and crave sugar. I am literally at my wits end and don't know what to do. Today I ate a good breakfast and lunch, but still the sugar monster reared its ugly head once again. I need help! If anyone has any suggestions at all, please let me know! I am a classic binge eater and sugar is my main trigger. It is so hard every single day to avoid sugar when I am craving it so very much.
Old 02-03-2009, 11:57 PM   #70  

Amber, if sugar is your trigger, you won't like this, but you need to stay away from it, at least until you are in a better place to add it back in in moderation.

2-3 pm is a common crash time. I have been struggling with that for YEARS! it is probably low blood sugar kicking in. but don't give in to junk food, or you will get caught in a viscous cycle!
i am finding that fruit is getting me through that spell now that i have omitted junk food types of sweets. Think beyond the apple if apples seem boring to you. I LOVE those little clementine tangerine things that are in season now. Splurge on a box of those. bananas, grapefruit, berries or oranges. it may seem expensive, but it's the same amount as afew bags of chocolates or chips or whatever, and think of it as an investment in your body and health!

another good snack food is hummus and veggies. again, vary your veggies! let yourself splurge and buy one of those rediculously priced red bell peppers once in a while!
also, hot green or herbal teas are a good compliment to your afternoon snack. the warm liquid helps digestion and helps you feel sated.

getting off carbs is like a druggy getting clean. you will crave it bad for a while but once you get it out of your system, the cravings will subside.

one workout video i always liked was 'Your Personal Best" with Elle macPherson and karen Voight. it's an older one, but it's good with fairly easy, yet challenging moves, good music and tempo and great scenery! it's from the early 90's, a good era, so it's not really dated, since the styles haven't changed that much. you might be able to get it used on craigs list or something. it may only be available in VHS, i'm not sure...
Other easy workouts are just a few exercises with light arm weights, a few minutes with a jump rope (build slowly with this to avoid SORE calves), or walking.
just do anything, just to stay in the habit, even if it's only 10 or 15 minutes. Even though it doesn't seem like that would do much, staying in the habit of doing physical activity is half the battle.
I also have a good yoga DVD by karen voight if you'd like to try yoga. I like karen cuz she's mellow and calm, not hyper excited. but i guess that's a matter of personnal preference...

If your motivation is that low, don't stress your self to do a 60min workout or whatever if that seems too daunting. set a goal of like 10 or 15 mins of something an hour may seem long, but you can do anything for a mere 15 mins. better to do a little than to do nothing at all, right?

motivation will return, don't worry! there will be ups and downs, that's just natural for all things. above all, don't give into a perfectionist attitude, whatever you do!
Perfectionists never win!!!!!
Old 02-04-2009, 12:05 AM   #71  

P.S.
you've gone from 280 to 242 i see, and that is awesome!
you're doing great! keep going!