Old 01-10-2009, 07:55 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Default 30 Something Wkend chat Jan 10th/11th

Morning all..tgiwkend for those that aren't like me and have to work LOL. Hope everyone is well. Nothing to report, just tired not wanting to go to work..but have bills to pay..so have to work. off to get ready for work. Hey to all!
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 08:23 AM   #2  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

Height: 5'5"

morning all...i'm sitting here drinking coffee and lurking as usual. i was hoping to sleep in but my christmas present (boxer puppy) decided i needed to be up, then he promptly went to sleep.
me4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 08:57 AM   #3  

S/C/G: Unhealthy/see ticker/happy

Height: 5ft 9in

Quote:
i was hoping to sleep in but my christmas present (boxer puppy) decided i needed to be up, then he promptly went to sleep.
me4life, I laughed when I read this cause isn't life just like that...I guess he knew you needed to workout.
Gatorgals- I can relate b/c I work weekends also sometimes(nurse), and it's just part of our life. I do enjoy it sometimes b/c its less traffic, less visitors in the hospital(atleast early in the morning) and no management.

I myself am going to take down my x-mas decorations today, hit the gym and cook a turkey.So here's to a great day.
scrappinRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 09:08 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Morning...

I have gained 3 pounds in 2 weeks. {{{slap... slap, slap, slap}}} OK... I've snapped out of it.

Back on track today. I am so glad I weighed myself today even though I knew it was going to be a gain. You know you are going to start failing when you can't bring yourself to get on the scale when you know you gained.

Weighing keeps me accountable. Accountability keeps me losing weight. I'm not mad at myself, I know what I have to do. I just wasn't doing it. I told you my motivation level was low... LOL

I have to work today too. It snowed here last night and the whole day is supposed to be on again off again rain/snow/sleet so maybe it won't be too busy.

Off to the grind!! Have a great saturday!!!
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 09:41 AM   #5  
Meredith

S/C/G: 175/160/150

Height: 5'4"

Good morning! I too was woken up by my dog...needed to go outside in the freezing rain..Yay!

I think today is a "stay in" day. Gotta run on the treadmill, I am trying to do the couch to 5k program, and today is my "on" day! I also DESPERATELY need to get down the Christmas decorations. Traditionally, they come down on the 6th, but there was too much to do this week, and they were put off until today. I get a little depressed when they come down, though. The house seems so bare, and less warm when they are put away.

I think I am making beef stew for dinner, and putting together a L/F crock pot chicken stroganoff for tomorrow, so that I won't have to do anything when we get back from the 5 HOURS of a wrestling tournament for the boys. They wear me down, not because I am doing anything, but because of all of the noise!

Hope you all are having a great day!!

meredithann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 11:05 AM   #6  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All!

It's soo cold, I hate winter! Have to brave the snow and go to BJ's today, dropping the boys off at mom's.

SHannon, for you. Hang in there.

Keep warm all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 12:08 PM   #7  
restarted

S/C/G: 233/229/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by me4life View Post
morning all...i'm sitting here drinking coffee and lurking as usual. i was hoping to sleep in but my Christmas present (boxer puppy) decided i needed to be up, then he promptly went to sleep.
When our four legged-child was a puppy he would do the same thing - wake us up to go out, then run in and jump on the bed ready to snuggle in. He doesn't need to be crated anymore (he's 5.5 y/o) and can sleep later than the rest of us with what I can only imagine is a gigantic bladder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappinRN View Post
I myself am going to take down my x-mas decorations today, hit the gym and cook a turkey.So here's to a great day.
I took down our decorations Jan.1 - it was sad. I love Christmas. And cheers to an on-plan day!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppyseeds View Post
Morning...

I have gained 3 pounds in 2 weeks. {{{slap... slap, slap, slap}}} OK... I've snapped out of it.

Back on track today. I am so glad I weighed myself today even though I knew it was going to be a gain. You know you are going to start failing when you can't bring yourself to get on the scale when you know you gained.

Weighing keeps me accountable. Accountability keeps me losing weight. I'm not mad at myself, I know what I have to do. I just wasn't doing it. I told you my motivation level was low... LOL

I have to work today too. It snowed here last night and the whole day is supposed to be on again off again rain/snow/sleet so maybe it won't be too busy.

Off to the grind!! Have a great Saturday!!!
Good for you for facing the scale!! It is the first step to getting back on track! I wish we had snow here... all we get is rain, rain, rain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meredithann View Post
Good morning! I too was woken up by my dog...needed to go outside in the freezing rain..Yay!

I think today is a "stay in" day. Gotta run on the treadmill, I am trying to do the couch to 5k program, and today is my "on" day! I also DESPERATELY need to get down the Christmas decorations. Traditionally, they come down on the 6th, but there was too much to do this week, and they were put off until today. I get a little depressed when they come down, though. The house seems so bare, and less warm when they are put away.

I think I am making beef stew for dinner, and putting together a L/F crock pot chicken stroganoff for tomorrow, so that I won't have to do anything when we get back from the 5 HOURS of a wrestling tournament for the boys. They wear me down, not because I am doing anything, but because of all of the noise!

Hope you all are having a great day!!

How is the couch to 5K going?? I am thinking about starting that in about 20 pounds. I just don't think my knees could take it at this weight - but it is a goal of mine to do a 5k. I used to run all of the time. In fact I think that was part of the problem because I wasn't running on the greatest surfaces.

Today I got on the scale and had my first success in weeks!!! Also, I think because of my 2 pound success (and maybe my obsessive calorie counting), DH has started to take my weight loss seriously. At breakfast this morning he told me that he wasn't happy with my goal weight (120). He said he felt that was to skinny and "unnatural". I told him that when I did that celebrity BMI comparison thing that I would be roughly the same size as Ang. Jolie - and he said - "Ya, I could probably wrap my hand around her upper arm. That's not right!", so we talked and he said that he thought 150 was as low as he wanted me to go (which I have been with him before, so he knows what he would be getting), and I said I wanted to be at least 140 (but more like 130 - which is the smallest I have actually ever been) and he agreed to 140. I know it will be MONTHS before this is actually an issue, but I was impressed that all of his "skinny girls are gross" talk wasn't just talk - he actually feels that way. Not to mention that once I get down into the healthy weight range it won't be a matter of numbers on the scale but a level of fitness. I really want to be FIT - muscular, but not bulky.
My biggest concern is that I start back to school next week and I am worried that between the class work, clinicals, workouts, and calorie counting something is going to give. I am in the RN program here and my GPA is important to me because I want to continue schooling once I am finished with my ADN, but my health is equally important to me - oh, not to mention my "Mommy duties".
How do you guys balance it out?? How do you stay sane? Are you still sane?
Anyway - cheers to Saturday!!!

Last edited by Coffee Luver; 01-10-2009 at 12:09 PM. Reason: spelling. doh!
Coffee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 06:47 PM   #8  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Hey all, I got in a good workout at the gym this afternoon and then spent some time with my mom when she got out of work. We didn't do anything real exciting, but it was nice.
Tomorrow, I'm going over to see some friends in the afternoon, so I'm looking forward to that.
RangerChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 07:05 PM   #9  

Work wasn't too busy today. It was tolerable...

Well... so far so good today with eating. We did get wings and fries for dinner but that's OK because that's what we usually do saturday nights. I picked up a few little snacks/treats for tonight. It's always nice to have a little nosh on a snowy night.

I am determined to lose these 3 pounds this week!! LOL

Have a great night all!!
Old 01-10-2009, 07:31 PM   #10  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

It's still snowing here! But we've only got maybe 3-4" all day. I'm not complaining, I had to drive in it all day.

Coffee, congrats on the loss! And on having such an AWESOME DH!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 08:59 PM   #11  

Oops... sorry Coffee... forgot to say congrats on your success!!!

Old 01-11-2009, 04:14 PM   #12  
restarted

Thanks ya'll. And as for the DH, I think I'll keep him around.
I can't believe how much snow you all up North are getting!! My parents live in Wisconsin and they have just been dumped on ALL winter long! Amazing. I hope you guys are staying warm and haven't gone snow-crazy up there.
Old 01-11-2009, 07:47 PM   #13  
Amber

S/C/G: 180/165/130

Coffee Luver I just wanted to say i'm in an ADN program as well!! I start tomorrow! Good luck to us both in our programs as well as our weight loss journies.
amb_lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 09:37 PM   #14  
restarted

Quote:
Originally Posted by amb_lyn View Post
Coffee Luver I just wanted to say i'm in an ADN program as well!! I start tomorrow! Good luck to us both in our programs as well as our weight loss journies.
Congratultions! Getting in to nursing school is a hard thing to do. We can do it!