Old 12-29-2008, 08:52 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Cool 30 Somethings Chat ~ Monday December 29th

Morning all!!

Double... I kinda of made up my own program. If you go to my 3FC blog (link on the left), my meal plan is there. I try to stick to that as much as possible and don't go over 1500 calories or so a day. I have also found that sparkpeople.com has been helpful to track my food (link in my siggy) however I haven't been keeping up with blogging lately. My job is tiring and I just haven't the energy right now.

RC... I'll be thinking of you and your boo boo tooth... Let us know how you are. I got all four wisdom teeth pulled in one day about 10 years ago. I cried all the way there, the whole time in the seat and on the way home. I hate the dentist too! I had a root canal done over the summer... I lived. LOL You'll be fine!

Off to work for me today. Kiddies are home and I am jealous. I miss being able to stay home with them.

Have a great day all!!

Last edited by poppyseeds; 12-29-2008 at 08:53 AM.
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 09:16 AM   #2  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

'Morning!

Thanks poppy, I know I'll live, its just such a stressful and scary thing for me. This dentist is nice, so hopefully everything will go quick and easy.

Not much else going on here besides that for me. I hope you all have a good Monday, and everything goes smoothly for everyone.
RangerChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 09:20 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

morning all..i'm enjoying my days off i have. I've slept in every day. It will be bad come wed when i have to get up for work LOL. I'm enjoying the time off though.

Nothing exciting here. Going to go to the gym, then the barn and got tons of laundry to do.

ranger hope the dentist goes well.

hey to everyone else.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 09:51 AM   #4  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi guys! Slow morning around here. We've had breakfast and I'm going to update my Ipod then I'm going grocery shopping. Wow, can you handle the excitement! LOL!! I've had a sick kidlet for most of the weekend but he finally seems to be feeling better today.

Off to check the Ipod status. Back later!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 10:05 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 160/148/130

Height: 5'6"

Ugh! I had no desire to make the drive to work today. Again, thank goodness for the new year holiday to look forward to this week.
Karenk - sorry to hear about the sick little one. I'm trying to avoid that with my oldest right now. He's got the sniffles and I just hope it doesn't go any further than that.
poppyseed - thanks for the response. I'll check out your blog when I have more time. I'm just always looking for tips, suggestions and ways people are being successful with their weight loss.

Hope everyone has a great Monday - either at home or at work!
doubledetermined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 10:24 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

Ranger - I know how you feel about the dentist. I hate it too. I need to make an appointment soon and I have been avoiding it like the plague.

I have the whole week off with the kids and luckily everyone is healthy. I am fighting the urge to eat all of the time. I have been concentrating on planning out healthy meals and I think I got rid of all of the candy that I can't resist. I gained 3 pounds over the holiday and now I have to work to get it off. Why is it so hard?
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 10:59 AM   #7  

morning again. well i was on my way to the gym and DH called to let me know the truck battery was dead. So i had to bring the car back so he could go get a battery. I promised myself though...no matter what...i will go to the gym today. I have also gotten back to logging all my calorie intake. I also forced myself to step on the scale (its been a while) and was not disappointed but not heart broken. I did gain wt but luckily only a few lbs..so back to the grind i go. I felt great eating healhty yesterday. I know it will always be a struggle..and that's why i'm glad to have you guys.

disgruntal-i used to never be able to sleep in but lately its great..it helps when dh also wants to sleep in too. We just lounged around the bed for about 40 min...then DH got frisky LMAO...how many calories did that burn..hmmm should i log that into my exercise journal

karen-whoa there killer..don't go overboard and get all excited lol...honestly...i like down days that aren't crazy and running all over the place. We all need down days...come january...i'll be so busy..i'll be begging for those.

riley- trust me we all struggle with eating...food was calling my name yesterday but i just ignored it. I actually took up knitting (thanks to hannah) and that has really helped me out because i stay focused on the knitting and time flies by. I highly recommend finding a hobby which will keep you occupied.

alright all..i'm off to cruise the internet while i'm waiting for hubby to come back.

Last edited by GatorgalstuckinGA; 12-29-2008 at 11:00 AM.
Old 12-29-2008, 11:23 AM   #8  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All!

Been out and about with DS1 this AM. Gotta go clean the basement!

Last edited by LBH; 12-29-2008 at 11:23 AM.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 01:57 PM   #9  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Back from the dentist for almost an hour now. Trying to get the blood to stop so I can fall asleep watching some TV. Went okay thankfully. I appreciate the good thoughts everyone, really. So now, I can't workout for a couple days which is going to be hard since I'm really into my workouts now. Heh. I can go walking tomorrow late afternoon though, he just told me to take it easy.

I'll post more later once the Novocaine wears off and all. My dad is going to get me a smoothie later which is cool. Later!
RangerChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 02:01 PM   #10  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Hi everyone. Geez, I keep going MIA.....guess I can blame it on the holidays. Really we've been gone a lot....leaving for vacation (a 3-5 day one) on New Year's Eve.....

I, too, gained 3 lbs during the holidays. I expected it to be more.

Hope everyone's had a GREAT holiday...I promise to be more dedicated in the New Year!
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 04:45 PM   #11  

well i made it to the gym...spent about 30 min on the elliptical and i was done LMAO man i'm out of shape again. I then did some ab workout and some yoga for stretching my muscles...it felt good to get back to the gym. I then went and rode my horse. Now i'm being a bit lazy LOL
Old 12-29-2008, 07:41 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 307/see ticker/197

Height: 5'9

It was a quiet Monday here, the kids played Wii most of the morning (it amazes me how fast time flies when we play!) and I took a wee nap in the afternoon. Hee hee. I worked out for the second day today with the Wii fit...I must admit...it's lots of fun! I'm still sitting here at the same weight as last Friday but it's not a gain so I'm happy. I've stayed on track for the most part so any gains would have been disapointing.

Looking for a loss this week though!!
kiki100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 08:46 PM   #13  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Hey, Gatorgal, I'll be traveling to your state on Wednesday to spend a couple days with some close friends...they live in Bonaire. How's the weather there? More importantly, how's it expected to be from now til Fri or Sat?
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 09:27 PM   #14  

not sure exactly where bonaire is in relation to atlanta...but we are suppose to be turning cold on thursday but not too cold. i think around 40's or so in the day, upper 20's/low 30's at night and slight chance of rain on friday...but it seems our weathermen suck...so that could change LMAO
Old 12-29-2008, 09:43 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 261/261/135

Height: 5'2"

hey Gatorgal, your in Atlanta? I am in Chattanooga. it is going to be cold here to. i am having a hard time making myself walk in it.
angiemo3 is offline   Reply With Quote