3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   30-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings-57/)
-   -   35 year old mom. . . (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings/157428-35-year-old-mom.html)

mythreesons 11-30-2008 12:22 PM

35 year old mom. . .

Hi! I thought I would pop in and introduce myself. I am Kristine. I am a 35 year old mom to three young boys. I joined this forum hoping to find people that are in a similar situation that I am. I always find myself starting a diet and then crashing and burning. I hope that by making myself accountable to someone else, I will have more desire to share successes. I am planning on starting the SBD tomorrow.

I look forward to getting to know everyone!

LBH 11-30-2008 05:57 PM

Hi Kristine! :wave: Welcome!

brandy922 11-30-2008 06:27 PM

Hello!

Ms Perception 11-30-2008 08:34 PM

I'm with ya! I am 32, married, 3 kids (8 and under). I have GREAT intentions for sticking with a healthier lifestyle, but always find myself going back to the same old habits. Why do we do that? Anyway, I'm also here for accountability and support. I really, really want to lose this weight for all the right reasons (and possibly some wrong ones...LOL), so I'm gonna do it this time!! I look forward to getting to know you and others in the same boat. Have a great night!
Jess

mythreesons 12-01-2008 07:34 AM

Ms Percepetion - We can do this! I know that I not only need to do this for myself but also my DH and my boys.

Ms Perception 12-01-2008 11:56 AM

On the upside...I basically maintained during Thanksgiving week. I guess that's all I could hope for since I didn't abstain from any certain food. Just tried to watch portions. I definitely didn't "stuff" myself or feel overly full. Now this week I hope to get into my exercise routine and get a couple more veggies in my diet.
Jess

fmb101 12-01-2008 02:16 PM

:welcome: Kristine!! I'm the 35 yr old mom of 4 girls (12, 10,9,2) and I know EXACTLY how you feel about trying to lose weight! That's why we're all here! Hope we ALL reach our goals this time!

Ms Perception 12-01-2008 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mythreesons (Post 2474286)
I am planning on starting the SBD tomorrow.

Kristine,
How's your first day on SB? I've done it and it works! I am not on it now. I am just applying some of those principles and others to create my own plan plus increasing activity/exercise. :carrot: I let you know how it works out for me.
On the SBD, I definitely expanded my veggie intake. I also created my new fave omlette. It's crab meat and swiss cheese. YUM! I don't think that's in the book, but it's definitely SB approved food and another way to fix eggs.
Jess

willow650 12-04-2008 02:21 PM

Welcome Kristine. i am new here also. I am 33, I have 3 kids 12, 6 and 5. Im not doing a plan per say, just looking at what I am eating and asking "ok how can i make this healthier?" and adding in fruit as snacks. I never snacked before but binge at dinner so hoping the snacks will help curb the appetite. Also waiting for my broken toe to heal so I can get back to exercising.

mandy

Ms Perception 12-04-2008 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willow650 (Post 2481102)
Im not doing a plan per say, just looking at what I am eating and asking "ok how can i make this healthier?" and adding in fruit as snacks. mandy

Mandy-:wel3fc: You sound very similar to me. I just got on herer a couple weeks ago. I have just started seeing the scale move (after Thanksgiving held me at a standstill) and hope it continues!! I have joined some of the chics on a challenge threads to motivate me, but I'm happy to be on the right path again!:D
Jess