Old 10-25-2008, 09:31 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Smile 30 Something Weekend Chat- 10/25 & 10/26

Good morning and happy Saturday. Well, it was bound to happen and sadly it did. I gained.

1.4 pounds. sigh.

I have TOM this weekend (oh joy) and I started Turbo Jamming and upped my calories slightly to compensate so I'm not quite sure what to blame. I think I also gained some muscle this week from the workout (they're pretty intense).

So I'm not too upset about it. My jeans are looser than they were last week even though I weigh more so it must be the muscle thing.

I wanted to put in a note for the sparkpeople users as far as entering your strength exercises into the fitness tracker. There are two ways to do this:

(Keep in mind... SP considers each strength training exercise you enter to be 5 minutes long. )

1. Create a new workout and enter each exercise you do. This can greatly increase your workout minutes though. For a 30 minute workout with 40 exercises, you would have a total of 200 minutes in your workout (or 40 exercises X 5 minutes each = 200 minutes). So if you keep track of how many minutes you work out each week, this will not help.

OR

2. Create a new workout and enter only as many exercises of your routine as it takes to complete the amount of minutes in your workout.

If your workout is 30 minutes, you only need to enter 6 exercises to the routine. For example...

Turbo Jam has a workout that is called Turbo Sculpt. It has over 50 exercises, lunges, bicep curls, etc. I keep track of the minutes I work out each week so to enter all 50 at 5 minutes each when some are only 2 reps, would greatly increase my minutes. The workout is 40 minutes long so I created a workout with only 8 of the exercises (8 x 5 minutes = 40 minutes). Since it doesn't affect my calories or anything, it been working fine. (SP doesn't count any calories for strength training.) I don't think it's necessary to list each and every exercise. The important thing is that you did the workout and the proper amount of minutes are logged.

I hope that helps. I saw that on the Turbo Jam team thread. Seems like most people are entering their strength training that way so they can have accurate minutes.

So I need to food shop and get my nails done today. So I am off!!

Have a great day all!!

Last edited by poppyseeds; 10-25-2008 at 09:59 AM.
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 02:49 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

Hello everyone!
happy Saturday to you too Valerie, you are on it girl!
We are having a bad day today, Sean is not doing well again, I have no clue what is causing the mania, how I wish I did know!
Anyway, we are home and I have him doing chores.
I am home cleaning and the house feels great! I hate cleaning, but it feels great when it is all done!!!
I got to tackle the office

See you later!

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 03:18 PM   #3  
I'm not nuts, I'm happy!

S/C/G: 241/220/160

Happy weekend folks!

I hit my first 100 miles today on the bike. I did 10 for a total of 105. Hub was here to celebrate with me.

I also dropped 4 pounds this week. YAY

I hope you guys are having a great weekend. WooT
Kati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 04:10 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

Army strong congratulations on the loss and on the 100 miles, that is wondeful!

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 05:09 PM   #5  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Hey all!
Wasn't in the mood to do much after work today (I hate having to work 6 days a week sometimes, it's so draining, especially when you're there for over 50 hours-usually more than 52 ), but I think I'm going to head down to the fitness center shortly here and get my *** on a bike and also do some walking. Gotta utilize the little off time I do have.
RangerChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 07:39 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

evening all..work was crazy crazy today. We finally slowed down about 5 but pretty much we kept moving until then

hannah-sorry to hear sean's having issues again

congrats kati wtg...keep up the good work

hey to all else..i'm off to see what's for din
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 09:52 PM   #7  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Anyone here not been to a dentist in years? I just realized that the pain in my back tooth is a hole. Not to mention that I know for sure I've got other problems going on (too much sugar in the past). I'm not only scared because I'm scared to death of the dentist office (scared in general, but also scared because I've had bad experiences in the past), but I know it's going to cost me a lot of money that I don't have. Hoping my dental plan covers a good part of it. But, I doubt it. I'll be trying to find a dentist around here Monday since I do need to get seen asap even if I am scared.
RangerChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 11:18 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 225/210/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey everyone!

Ranger: My bf has NEVER gone to a dentist. I yell at him all the time, especially when we're trying to have healthier habits in regard to our bodies and eating. Why should our teeth be any different? That said, I'm in NJ and my dentist only costs $60 for a cleaning and an exam to figure what could be a problem. I'm going through the process of eventually needing a gum graft (eep, periodontal disease, but i've never had a cavity...go figure). I'm paying the procedure off first, so that way I won't have a big charge afterward. Good luck with finding someone local that you like and won't charge an arm and a leg!

Kati: Congrats on the weight loss. I was happy to find that I lost the two pounds that I've been trying to get to since about a month ago.

BTW, I'm stoked that I won the Turbo Jam w/ Max Results from eBay today. Other than that, I did this long "top five" meme on my LJ. Tomorrow, I have to finish the rest of my freelance proofing.

Hope you all are doing okay!
-K

Last edited by blackdove95; 10-26-2008 at 11:11 PM. Reason: crap, used the wrong name!
blackdove95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 01:25 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

I hate hate hate the dentist. I haven't been in a few years. I am getting anxious just thinking about it.

Today we bought some Halloween candy. I have been doing so well lately that I didn't think about the candy when I bought it. Well, we got home and I was hungry and I stuffed four little bars in my mouth before I could even think about it. Ahhhh....it's not really the candy that bothers me, but my behavior and lack of self control. One piece would have been appropriate, but four??
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 08:03 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

morning all...
Dentist are definately not fun. I've already had two root canals...on the same tooth..a cracked filling that i didn't know about and my first root canal was at 20, then 2 yrs ago found out that the first root canal wasn't done properly and had to redo it. Luckily at the time, DH was on kick butt dental insurance and almost everything was paid for. but i definately go. I actually have started to go get cleanings every 4 months now since i have some deep pockets so they are trying to hlep reduce pockets, so hopefully i won't have to have gum graft like black dove. Black dove do you use the unltrasonic toothbrush...it really helps with deep pockets..also flossing daily (that's what i'm really really bad about).

Got to go to work today..hopefully it will go quickly.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 09:48 AM   #11  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Ranger, I just went to the dentist for the first time in 2 yrs. I couldn't stand it anymore. We had a crappy plan and I just couldn't decide on a new dentist. Now we have a better plan and I went to the dentist DH used to go to (He hasn't been in probably closer to 3 yrs.) I"m soo glad I went, my teeth really needed a good cleaning. Thankfully no cavaties.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 10:09 AM   #12  
Sarah

S/C/G: SW:197.8/GW:145

Height: 5'8"

I just went to the dentist for the first time in 3 years. I had never had a cavity until last time when I had two. The first one he filled, he was worried it would turn into a root canal. That one was a piece of cake to fill and have had no problems since. The second one that was tiny was and is horrid. He had to reinject my mouth 3 times because I could feel what he was doing and I still (2 months later) cannot eat certain things on that side of my mouth. I don't think I'll go back again.

So making nothing but bad choices this weekend (alcohol, cigarettes, food) - not feeling very proud of myself. Bleh.
asparagus4sale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 10:38 AM   #13  

I haven't been the dentist in probably two years. It is one of those things that slips my mind. Thanks for the reminderMy DH on the other hand has not gone since I have known him!( 7 years to be exact)
plumpnursy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 11:30 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 195/161/144

Height: 5'9"

I know a few people with bad teeth or no teeth, and they really don't seem to care. I work with a lady with nasty, scummy teeth, and I can hardly look at her when we talk. She doesn't seem to notice, she smiles a lot and has self-confidence, and doesn't seem to notice that people lean away from her a lot.
I am anxiously awaiting the day my insurance card comes in the mail, as I have just been added to DH's insurance. It is a kick-arse plan, and I have a broken tooth, and I need 2 caps. I remember being a poor single mom with no plan, but that was a few years ago. DH takes good care of his teeth, too. DD Needs braces again, but her other set was covered by my insurance 2 years ago, and this one will be covered on the new one.

Last edited by Kofarq; 10-26-2008 at 11:31 AM.
Kofarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 12:54 PM   #15  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Morning everyone!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!

Rangerchic, it probably depends. I didn't go to the dentist for 10years. When I went back I had no problems. On the other hand, DH was given a bill for about $4000 of stuff he needs done. BTW, I was reading your post from the other day and we dont live to far from each other. We moved to the Charlotte area last year.

Hanna, I hope Sean is having a better day today.

WE went yesterday to visit some family. Well, my cousins wife (who is a wonderful cook) had made quite a spread. One of the items was Hash. It was kind of liquidy and they told me to put it over rice. I had no idea what it was, when I asked her, she told me if I knew I probably wouldn't eat it. So do any of you know? Guess I'll go look it up, lol.

I don't have any plans for today.

Talk later,
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote