30-Something's Wednesday Chat 10/22

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hellooo Ladies!!!

Been up since the wee hours of the morning, as my dh was getting ready for work my youngest woke up to check on him. Then he couldn't fall asleep, so he came in my room and tossed and turned and then we were both Up, so decided to just get up and start our day. So here I am... got a lot of things done thus far, but in all reality, not much. AF decided to make her appearance , and lovely cramps that are so strong make me want to go back to bed and sleep until tomorrow. I have yet to have any urge to go to the gym, nor do anything of real importance today.

The tea drinking is still happening, I haven't caved and stopped at Starbucks, so that is a good thing- Right?

Well I hope everyone is having a Happy Hump Day... Chat with ya's all later...
  • Hiya folks!

Pear..why is everyone trying to stop drinking coffee? Or is it the 'stuff' people put in it that they wanna quit? Just curious

Today has gone far better than yesterday. I got 8 miles on the bike, and I have been walking the pooches and tryig to clean...that hasn't gone to well lol. My baby (3 years) has turned into an absolute monster. She isdriving me nuts. I have no clue what happened to my charming sweet little 2 year old, but I want her back

Tomorrow the oldest starts another class. I am much more nervous than she is! I snuck onto the scale today, and it looks like I have lost another one, but won't 'say' it until Saturday. :P

Recipe of the day...

Southwest Chicken

4 3oz chicken breasts (we use two, since they are HUGE)
    frozen corn
    half a bell pepper, chopped
    can or two cups (cooked) of black beans
    jar salsa (we use mild but we are whimps)

Place chicken in cassarole dish (I put them in frozen cause I am lazy) drop in pepper, and enough corn to cover them, dump in rinsed (if canned) or drained cooked beans. Cover eveything with Salsa. pop into oven on 425-450 until chicken is tender (you should cover). You can sprinkle no-fat cheese on top when you serve it.
  • That sounds pretty good, Kati. I have chicken in the fridge, maybe I'll make that!
    Pearfreak, Starbucks is the Devil's treat!
    Also, Chomper of Pears, may I share some nifty information with you? There is a magical tree called a fruit cocktail tree. One of the kinds is a dwarf pear tree with up to 6 different kinds of pear branches grafted onto it. This thing blooms, all the flowers pollinate each others branches, and you get all these kinds of pears that mature at different times. It grows about 12 feet high. I know all this because they have apple trees like this, also pear and stone-fruit trees (peach-apricot-nectarine-cherry-plum-all on one tree) It is Excellent. I think the pear trees are hardy to zone 6. I am definitely getting one in the spring. But which kind?
  • Pear, I'm right there with ya on the cramps...ughhh.

Kati, I'd die without my coffee...but then again, I could do without the calories in the creamer.

Kori, those trees sound awesome! Where do I get one!?!?

I'm off to walk this morning before taking my kids to storytime at the library (no one is going to want to sit by the sweaty girl in workout clothes, but it's the only chance I'll have today to get the exercise in). I'm going to hawaii in 22 days so the people at the library can just plug their noses! lol.
  • Morning all. Did my 30 Day Shred and finally had a good run/walk this morning. Left the dog at home and took a non-park route. Actually, we went by 3 houses that were all decorated for Halloween so my son really liked that a lot. It is United Nations day so there is a daycare party today so I will leave work early - yay!

I hate coffee but I really really look forward to my diet coke every morning when I get to work.
  • I've seen these trees at garden centers, and largehardware supermarkets like home hardware, Home depot, Kent, canadian tire. Anywhere with a large garden section. I've also seen them on the internet at garden centers you order from, and e-bay, but I couldn't get the one from ebay, because it was too expensive to ship from the US to here.
  • hi everyone!
    Pear sorry about the early wake up, that stinks! and on top of that AF

Kati it is great you are feeling like you lost some weight, sometimes even if you don't loose it but your body is shifting and you feel it that is wonderful!

Kori I am going to have to find that tree, I have a plum tree and I love being able to pick fruit right in my backyard. We have a lime tree also but for some reason he has not been to happy, he has not done anything!

Sara I love to decorate for Halloween! have fun at the party!

Hapa Hawaii??? I want to go!

we are doing ok here, today we have to go to Sean's school for an open house and I am not really looking forward to it, remember I went to volunteer couple of days ago? I was so excited about doing it, it was great I was able to help, but it was hard breaking, there are a lot of kids in this school that have no parents they have been abandoned for lack of better words, it is awful. A lot of this kids live in the school they look so sad, on top of the open house they are doing a Scolastics book fair and not all the kids are going to be able to buy books, I talked to the lady that runs one of the programs in the school and we are trying to figure out how to get funds so all the kids can get something.
    Well in the mean time I am having a great morning, sitting here in the sun, drinking may delicious cup of fresh coffee and watching the dudes run around!
    I will see you guys later

Hanna
  • Hannah, maybe your lime tree needs a friend to pollinate with?
  • Hello all.
    Trying to keep my head up high today and think positively. You know, this whole economy thing and not having money gets to you every now and then. I'm trying to tell myself that I can only do what I can do. Plus, I'm getting healthy and that's a lot to account for!
    Anyhow, I'm looking forward to getting out of work today, running into Big Lots, eating dinner and then getting my beating from Jillian.
  • Aw Ranger - sorry you are feeling down. Yeah the economy is in the stinker these days - I know everyone is hurting. At least losing weight is free!!
  • hey all..had a great morning volunteering at the aquarium. in a few i'm going to meet someone to see if they want to part lease my horse. I hope so, because if i don't find someone soon to help pay part of the bills, i might have to sell him...don't want to do that.

Ranger-sorry to see you are down...the economy sucks right now..hang in there. And i hope you don't think i was attacking you yesterday. I was just trying to point out different facts. I see a lot of professionals quote a study and all of a sudden its a fact without really looking at the study in good detail.

hey to everyone else.
  • Quote: Ranger-sorry to see you are down...the economy sucks right now..hang in there. And i hope you don't think i was attacking you yesterday. I was just trying to point out different facts. I see a lot of professionals quote a study and all of a sudden its a fact without really looking at the study in good detail.
    No, no you're cool.

Thanks, it just sucks when you're working 52-55 hours a week and then doing a 2nd job demoing a few hours a week and its still not enough. Gotta love the costs of living. (sarcasm there, in case you missed it )
  • Kofarq --- Thanks for the info on the tree, I'll have to see if they are available in my area. Sounds delish.
  • I looked and found a few different kinds:

http://www.4seasonsnurseries.com/det...v=fan&pid=5556

http://www.eburgess.com/detail.asp?nav=tre&pid=5556
    (Notice the prices)

http://www.isons.com/Merchant2/merch...Special_Fruits (a little different write up)

This one is Citrus--- and wow look at the prices http://www.floydcitrus.com/html/fruit_cocktail.html
  • Ok, off the computer I go, these cramps are killing me.