Old 10-22-2008, 07:50 AM   #31  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

OK gals, I was pretty annoyed last night that I couldn't do my workout. About an hour or so before I left work, I started to feel sick and found myself in the bathroom pretty much the rest of the evening (felt a bit better about 8:30ish while watching BL). The only thing I can think that caused me to feel sick like that was the yogurt I ate at about 4:30 yesterday afternoon. Because, before that, I was okay. The only thing that made me a bit nervous about feeling sick is that I think I ate under 1200 calories yesterday since all I was able to stomach before bed was a couple servings of Cheerios.
RangerChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 07:50 AM   #32  
Believe it, be it

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorgirl6 View Post
Do you guys mind if I join your chat? I am going to go buy the DVD for this tomorrow. Do I need anything else for the workouts?
You need some weights if you don't already have them.
And, of course you can join us!

Last edited by RangerChic; 10-22-2008 at 07:51 AM.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:19 AM   #33  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

did day 2 lastnight and boy is this a tough sweaty workout. I too want to conquer those pushups. Day 3 today!

Welcome gatorgirl and good luck

Ranger hope your feeling better
GONNABE165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 09:38 AM   #34  
a.k.a. Bikini Bottom

S/C/G: see siggy!

Height: 5'10 - tall girls rule!

Quote:
Do you guys mind if I join your chat? I am going to go buy the DVD for this tomorrow. Do I need anything else for the workouts?
Welcome!!! And like RangerChic said, you'll need a pair of weights. Jillian says between 3-5lbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerChic View Post
OK gals, I was pretty annoyed last night that I couldn't do my workout. About an hour or so before I left work, I started to feel sick and found myself in the bathroom pretty much the rest of the evening (felt a bit better about 8:30ish while watching BL). The only thing I can think that caused me to feel sick like that was the yogurt I ate at about 4:30 yesterday afternoon. Because, before that, I was okay. The only thing that made me a bit nervous about feeling sick is that I think I ate under 1200 calories yesterday since all I was able to stomach before bed was a couple servings of Cheerios.
That sucks! If I eat Cheerios on a bad tummy I'd hurl it all up. I usually don't eat anything on an upset stomach. I hope you feel better today!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GONNABE165 View Post
did day 2 lastnight and boy is this a tough sweaty workout. I too want to conquer those pushups. Day 3 today!
When I attempted to do Part 2 and got to the "walking push-ups" I knew I had to go back to Part 1. I'm not sure how long it's going to take me to master push-ups but I hope I do soon. I can do half push-ups because I was training with resistance bands for two weeks and I noticed that I did get stronger so I'm doing bicep curls at my desk at work during the day to get me ready for Jillian's workout when I get home. I hate push-ups!!!!
SBD Sass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 10:45 AM   #35  
Sarah

S/C/G: SW:197.8/GW:145

Height: 5'8"

Day 3 done and I hurt, hurt, hurt. My legs hurt, my arms hurt, my abs hurt. I swear day 3 was harder than day 2 but I do see some progress in my abilities.

SBD - I think you should just do Level 1 for 10 days and then switch to Level 2. That is my plan as long as I can do everything in Level 1 (aka the push-ups) - if not, I am going to stick with Level 1 until I can.

Ranger - Sorry you got sick - hope you feel better today.

Gatorgirl6 - Welcome!
asparagus4sale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 10:55 AM   #36  
a.k.a. Bikini Bottom

Quote:
Originally Posted by asparagus4sale View Post
Day 3 done and I hurt, hurt, hurt. My legs hurt, my arms hurt, my abs hurt. I swear day 3 was harder than day 2 but I do see some progress in my abilities.

SBD - I think you should just do Level 1 for 10 days and then switch to Level 2. That is my plan as long as I can do everything in Level 1 (aka the push-ups) - if not, I am going to stick with Level 1 until I can.
You said day 2 was harder than day 1. LOL! I'm on day 3 today and I HURT BAD! My grandmother seems to think that I'm torturing myself and that exercise that hurt isn't good for me.

If I don't move then I can only feel my arm sockets aching...I'm guessing that's from the pushups.

And yes, I was crazy thinking I could do Part 2...this is Jillian we're talking about here. I had to "duh" myself.
Old 10-22-2008, 04:33 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBD Sass View Post
I have it On Demand through my cable and she says one can lose 20lbs. in one month doing her Shred videos. She says a mix of cardio and strength is the fastest way to drop weight. I see there are two On Demand videos and I'm trying to memorize them so I can do them to test them out for a month. Anybody done or doing this??? She's the master on The Biggest Loser so she must know what she's talking about, right?
I have the DVD. I got it at Wal-Mart for around $8.00 plus tax. It is a great DVD. HARD as all get out. I ended up doing each level for 30 days so it was more like a 90 day shred for me...LOL! I really don't think you could lose 20 pounds in one month just by doing this 20 minute workout everyday....I mean it really all depends on how much you weigh to begin with, how many calories per day you are eating, and are you doing any other exercise other than just this......

It is fun....it will make you strong...you will see results as far as being stronger and looking more toned.
McKenziesmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 05:44 PM   #38  
waisting away

S/C/G: Too Much/Getting There/Healthy

Height: 5' 8"

I just did Day 1 of the Shred. I have been working out with a personal trainer lately, so it wasnt as bad as I had anticipated. I am going to stay of level 1 for another day or two to see if its painful tomorrow, but if its not too bad then Im going to level 2. When you go to level 2, are you supposed to do both level 1 and level 2 together or just do level 2 alone?
gatorgirl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 05:51 PM   #39  
waisting away

On second thought... I did the easier pushups, but everything else the more difficult way. Tomorrow I am going to try to do everything the harder way.
Old 10-22-2008, 08:46 PM   #40  
Believe it, be it

OK, tonight was harder for me. For one, my calves, especially on my right leg hurt. It's pain I can deal with during the day, but working out, it kills me. Ouch. And two, I just didn't seem to have the energy tonight that you need to push through her workout. All said and done, I made it through, but not nearly as well as I did on day one. I'm wondering if I need to go to the fitness center and walk/bike tomorrow for a bit before I turn on the dvd.
Old 10-22-2008, 08:56 PM   #41  
a.k.a. Bikini Bottom

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerChic View Post
OK, tonight was harder for me. For one, my calves, especially on my right leg hurt. It's pain I can deal with during the day, but working out, it kills me. Ouch. And two, I just didn't seem to have the energy tonight that you need to push through her workout. All said and done, I made it through, but not nearly as well as I did on day one. I'm wondering if I need to go to the fitness center and walk/bike tomorrow for a bit before I turn on the dvd.
I'm thinking I should have done more stretching on day one and two. The front of my thighs are achy and so are the back of my arms. I'm about to go and do Level 1 now...wish me luck on my Day 3.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:06 PM   #42  
waisting away

I always find that when I am sore walking or biking losens the muscles and makes me feel a lot better.
Old 10-23-2008, 08:49 AM   #43  
Believe it, be it

Quote:
I always find that when I am sore walking or biking losens the muscles and makes me feel a lot better.
Awesome, I'm hoping the same will work for me. Worth a try anyway!
Old 10-23-2008, 09:06 AM   #44  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

today makes day 4 and i really enjoy this workout - makes me feel like i accomplished something.

my soreness tends to go away once i start working out but soon after it's right back plus some

good luck and to all
GONNABE165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 09:46 AM   #45  
a.k.a. Bikini Bottom

I fell over board yesterday and didn't do my Day 3 because I think I hurt my legs by going too advanced the first two days. I when I go to climb stairs it hurts and when I go to sit down I have to drop in my seat. A day's rest, I hope will take some of the pain away. I am going to do my Day 3 tonight for sure regardless. I really don't want to mess this up. I will not give this up!

I'm glad you gals are making better progress than me. Keep up the good work!