Old 10-20-2008, 08:05 AM   #1  
Sarah

S/C/G: SW:197.8/GW:145

Height: 5'8"

Default 30-Somethings Chat Monday 10/19

Morning everyone! Just chugging along. Love my new Wii. Started the 30 day shred this morning and am taking my C25K outside again today. Feeling really great!!

Poppy (aka Valerie aka Poopy) - Just wanted to say I completely understand the driving home crying from the job thing. My boss is a big butthead and there are many, many times I have been reduced to tears by that worthless poophead. Hugs to you. And congrats again.
asparagus4sale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 08:08 AM   #2  
Sarah

Yes I am an idiot - can someone change the title to say 10/20. Thanks.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:10 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 223/213/199

Height: 5'6"

Default 30 Something's Daily Chat Oct 20th

Hi Ladies!

Hope you all had a fantastic weekend!
I had a pretty good weekend, but of course it flew by WAY too quickly!!

I'm excited for tonight...I get to see COLDPLAY for the 2nd time! I LOVE their latest CD!!

I'm also happy that I don't have to go to french class tonight...but sssshhhhhhhh "I'm out of town today."
What my professor doesn't know won't hurt her!
Afterall, I paid $100 for the ticket WAY before I knew I was going to take the class...so there's my reasoning right there!

What did everyone do this weekend and what are your plans for this week?

Besides my concert, not much else going on with me this week...work...sleep...french homework...going to the gym at least twice and may be going to the movies on Friday or Saturday...that's all I've got!
Wifey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 08:10 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 223/213/199

We both just started the thread at the same time!
Wifey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 08:19 AM   #5  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Good morning girls! Doing okay this morning. The only bad thing is that my headache from yesterday is still lingering. I think I may have caused it by not drinking enough water during the weekend, not sure. Or, it could be the low temps here, as I'm not used to them yet (having moved here from FL this past summer).

Hey aspar, have you done any of the BL video workouts? I want to start the 30 day shred but kinda fear that it's difficult. Jillian's other workout dvds didn't guide you enough, so I haven't popped one of those back in lately.
RangerChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 08:24 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Asparagus (my fave food by the way...LOL)... thanks so much for the support!!! You don't know how much it is appreciated. I blogged on sparkpeople about my new job and I got this poison email from one of the people on my friends list saying so much negativity that I was taking a chance on changing jobs and that I shouldn't have told them why I was really leaving because it's not wise to trash your current employer. I didn't trash anybody and have no idea how she got that impression. At first I didn't know what to make of it but throughout the whole thing she questioned my integrity for trashing my boss and telling me that I was stupid for changing because (and I quote)... "Last one hired, first one fired..." Geez... just a loon bag. I lit into her and she apologized but I'm trying to figure out how to remove her from my friends list. You would not believe the things she was saying... amazing.

Anyway, today I get to give my notice. I'm actually quite nervous about it. I hate confrontations. I'm also going to try to have a talk with the woman who trained me (assuming they don't make me leave after I give notice) because I know that they will try to slam her with all my work and I don't want her to be blind-sided when it happens. I also want her to hear it from me, not from them. All of the girls I work with know how unhappy I've been almost since I started there in 12/07. My boss is so anal, he drives everyone crazy... even people who don't work directly for him. My other boss is just plain rude and obnoxious. I will be so happy to get away from them.

So stay tuned and I will post as soon as I can later today to tell you all what happened. I have a parent/teacher conference later too so that might delay my posting but I will as soon as I have something to tell (and I can get to my 'puter)...

Have a really good monday all! I cannot wait to do my Turbo Jam later so I can punch and kick and forget about all this stress!!!

poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 08:30 AM   #7  

Height: 5'6

Hey all...

Valerie, good luck today. Can't wait to hear how it went.

Asparagus, I was doing the c25k last year. Should have kept up with it, but could never get myself past the 2 mile mark!!! After about two months of not getting any further, i gave up should probably start again, as I love jogging, need to get some better shoes, though. Have a great day!

Ra=nger, hope the headache is better!!

Cleaning a bit, then off to Sears for a pair of pants. Also to CVS, they have these great pillar candle "lights" that I want for Christmas, and they're pretty cheap.

Hope everyone has a great day!!

P
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 08:36 AM   #8  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

poppy- I'll be thinking about you today. I'm sure the notice will go okay. And, you need to do what makes you happy. Heck with anyone who thinks otherwise!

pma- thanks! Have fun shopping!
RangerChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 08:40 AM   #9  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All!

Popping in quick here. Gotcha all merged! Have a great day!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 09:32 AM   #10  
Thin girl escaping

S/C/G: 212/203/140

Height: 5'5"

Godd Afternoon All
WILL SOMEONE PLEASE STOP ME EATING CHOCOLATE!!!!!!!! don't know what it is I went 8 weeks without the stuff and now I can't stop eating it!!!! it's not as if I'm even enjoying it!!!
I'm on a bit of a downer at the moment (hence the chocolate) can't work out why, think I just need a big kick up the butt.
Asparagus - Did you get the Wii fit???? We love ours, that's when I can prize my DS off it to have a go.
Poppy - I full understand where you are coming from, I am not happy at work. I hate coming, some days a whole day passes without anyone speaking to me. I have a single office across the building from my colleagues but they only venture in here if they want anything. I've been here 5 months, all was rosey for the first 3 but now my boss is morphing into Ms Hyde (as apose to Dr Jekyll (I think I've got them the right way round!!!)) I have had an interview and am waiting on a date for 2nd round (I already know I'm through!) but we've also decided to try for a baby so moving jobs might be a big mistake. It all depends which comes first!!
Wifey - Hope you enjoy Coldplay, not one of my favourite but I do listen to some of their stuff and yes it's better than a French class any day!
We get our kitten this week. I'm picking him up tomorrow night - can't wait!!! bought all the things we need at the weekend so just need to bring the ball of fluff home now.
Have great day everyone and stay away from chocolate - it takes a hold and won't let you go!!!!!!!
I'm off for some water to get rid of the taste
TTFN
oh2bthintoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 10:06 AM   #11  
I'm not nuts, I'm happy!

S/C/G: 241/220/160

Hiya everyone!

Apara...Wii..as inteh video game console? (If I can use that to lose weight, I can get one and my hubby won't grumbled. *snicker*

Poppy...The person that was rude to you, she is sick because she doesn't have the guys to do what you are doing! You Go Girl!

Ranger...*hugs* I get headaches whenever I don't get enough water. They suck!

Oh....Could be your craving it cause 1. you need something in it, or 2. you have gone cold turkey and are losing it. No worries, get it eaten and get it out of your system and get back to your program. Just remember, make one daya week your chocolate day, have something and you will feel better cause it is in your plan, and you won't binge on it either!

As for me..my butt hurts. I broke my tailbone a few years ago, okay I crushed it into a million (15) peices. I think my bike riding has aggrivated it. So my riding today was slow and steady. I got 10 miles in and that brings my total to 73. WooT!
Kati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 10:14 AM   #12  
Thin girl escaping

S/C/G: 212/203/140

Height: 5'5"

Kati
I did the same thing falling down a flight of stairs. I have a gel seat on my bike which helps imensley, they aren't that expensive, the theory behind them is that the longer you sit on it the softer it gets and it does work!!!
oh2bthintoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 10:26 AM   #13  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

Morning All!!!

Trying a new morning drink this week. No coffee , but tea instead? I like tea, but I love me some coffee. Hoping that all works out.
So busy weekend, fun weekend, party all weekend long kinda of weekend here. I deserved it though. It was nice to hang out with the hubbers and our friends. We are making a note to do this more often too. Got our events planned up through January. Of course some of the events include kiddies, but no more of us staying home and being bummed out bored.

Well more of the usuall here... gym, errands and haiving fun with the kiddies. Maybe even stop off at a Coffee shop and get a tea when we are out and about, as it is chilly here.

asparagus -- Best of luck with the new program.

Poppy --- Best of luck in the new job.
Boooooo on the nah sayers.

RangerChic --- Drink up some extra water today. Hoping the headache leeeeaves soon.

Well I need to get my rear in gear and head off to the gym and do my errands, I'll stop in later. Hope everyone has a great Monday!!!!
PearFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 11:00 AM   #14  
Sarah

Wifey - Have fun at your concert - I don't really know Coldplay but I know they are popular.

Poppy - OMG that is awful - the point of on-line stuff like this is support. If someone doesn't like it, they can just skip over it all. This summer I would not have survived my boss without being able to call my mom/brothers/sister crying whenever it got too much. I work in an office with four other people (all men) and this summer he bought all of them a MacBook Air and told them not to tell me about it. Then he gave them all $150 off a new I-Phone and when I asked him about it, he lied and refused to tell me about it. Oh even writing that now just makes my blood boil. Plus, he is arrogant but really insecure and not too bright. Bleh. I just know that one day I will have a better job but he will be stuck being himself for the rest of his life. Haha. How 'bout that for negativity?? Anyway super duper good luck at giving notice.

Ranger - I have done some of the BL work-outs (I think the first one) but it always bored me. I think I can do this one because it is a challenge and there is an end day (30 days) because, otherwise, I am not a huge fan of the DVD's.

P - You should start doing the C25K again. I did it outside this morning in a hilly area - OMG I thought I was dying and then I ended up doing .75 miles less than in the gym. Oh well. Plus I was pushing a jogging stroller the whole time. I really want to be able to do the 5K here at Thanksgiving and it is going to be outside so I need to get accustomed to that.

Lauren - Thanks!

Oh2be - Yep, I got the Wii fit. I did every single exercise yesterday and, man, those planks kicked my sides butt (that was a weird statement). Yay for kittens. What kind are you getting?

Kati - You should get it! The Wii Fit has all these different exercise games and Jillian Michaels has a game that will be out at the end of this month. I already ordered it for my mom for her birthday so I will have to let you all know how it is.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:16 AM   #15  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Morning everyone!!!!!

Poppy, I'll be thinking of you, good luck. When are you gonna let us know what the new job is?

Pearfreak, good memories-my grandma and her sister were big tea drinkers, I can see them together now laughing it up and drinking their tea. Bobbing those tea bags up and down, lol. It is very good though.

Ohtobethin, I find this to be the worse time of year for me and Chocolate. I just cant buy any or I will eat it! Good luck with keeping it at bay.

Wifey, enjoy your concert tonight!

Ranger, hope you get some relief from your headache.

Pam, are those the candles that you turn off and on....no burning?

Hey to everyone else!

This weekend we had two boys spending the night (Friday) then two girls (Sat). One of the girls was sick - she thinks she has strep. She was a tag along of the other girl. Who sends their kids on sleepovers sick?????? She had a fever and she vomited in DD's bed. Would of sent her home after that but her mom was out of town. UGH!

Hope everyone has a great day! Talk later...
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote