Mystery Fat Distribution

• Hello all,

This is my first post in this part of the forum. I figured it would be the best place for me to find an answer to my question, or at least people would understand.

I turned 30 recently. It seems that almost to the day I noticed more grey in my hair,more wrinkles on my face, and most discouraging, more chub around my middle.

I'm more so pear shaped, so fat/chub isn't a stranger to me, just not usually around my middle section.

I have been practicing Intuitive Eating, and have both gained and lost as I learn more about the concept and all that.

Has anyone had any experiences like this?
    When I was younger and weighed more than I do right now, it was never around my mid section...

thanks for any advice or light you can shed on this wierd conundrum.
  • Well, I'm not sure I can add too much insight, but I'll see what i can do. I am an apple, so I have always had fat around my middle! I just turned 40 this summer, but I really haven't noticed much change in my physically, except that I've gained weight since I was 30. And I definitely don't have as much energy as when I was younger.

I have not done intuitive eating, at least not formally. I am not currently following any specific plan, but I have been trying to pay more attention to what I'm eating, when I'm eating and how much I'm eating. I try to remember to log everything I eat everyday, it's a real eye-opener! I've found that I don't want to eat something that I can't easily count the calories or other nutrition info for!
  • I agree Lauren... if it's too hard to log, I won't eat it!! LOL

What is intuitive eating?