Old 09-09-2008, 08:44 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Smile 30 Something Chat Tuesday Sept 9th

Morning all!!!

Off to work but wanted to stop in and say HI! Have a great day all!!

PS - RR... great news about SD... hope everything works out for you!
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 08:59 AM   #2  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

Morning All.
Filling up on my morning coffee at the moment, but in a bit I am headed off to the gym. Then coming home and cleaning and doing laundry... all that fun stuff . I so need a maid. Anyone want to come and be my maid . I seriously hate mopping the floors and washing the walls. UGH, UGH, UGH! I don't mind doing the laundry- so it will be an even trade off... I'll do your laundry you come and clean the floors and walls.

Well hope you all have a lovely Tuesday today... chat later
PearFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 09:26 AM   #3  

good morning...just popping in quickly....woke up early today...have a lot to do before i get off to work

pear: great job getting up early for the gym...im with you...i need a maid!

poppy: have a wonderful day at work

hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 09:51 AM   #4  
Thin girl escaping

S/C/G: 212/203/140

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning /afternoon everyone
I'm having astrange day today - one of those where my body seems to be three steps ahead of my brain!!!!
I am an Occupational Health Nurse and today I'm doing some health promotion work on site about blood pressure checks. I feel a bit contradictory giving out advise about how to lower your BP when I'm stood there 70lb over weight!!!! Oh well least I'm doing something about it!!!

Have a great day everyone
oh2bthintoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 09:55 AM   #5  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin'!

Oh, my mom is a nurse and a diabetes educator and she used to always feel soo strange because here she is teaching people about how to live a healthy life with Diabetes and she was soo overweight. She had a gastric bypass and is now skinny.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 10:17 AM   #6  

oh: keep the faith...you are working on changing your life to make yourself healthier!...just know you are doing the right thing...no matter what anyone else may see or think!...good luck today
Old 09-09-2008, 10:23 AM   #7  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Good morning chicks.

I'm doing fair today. I've gotten the AM chores and my workout done. Believe it or not, my body is SORE!! I can't believe how sore it is. I had to lay off the push-up type exercises 'cause they made my shoulder hurt so much. So today I did the strengthening things that did not include push-ups and my regular aerobic stuff. Whew, it's amazing how hot/tired you can get hula hooping! My calves are SO sore. LOL.

I hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 10:28 AM   #8  
a.k.a. Bikini Bottom

S/C/G: see siggy!

Height: 5'10 - tall girls rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppyseeds View Post
Morning all!!!

Off to work but wanted to stop in and say HI! Have a great day all!!

PS - RR... great news about SD... hope everything works out for you!
Have a great day as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearFreak View Post
Morning All.
Filling up on my morning coffee at the moment, but in a bit I am headed off to the gym. Then coming home and cleaning and doing laundry... all that fun stuff . I so need a maid. Anyone want to come and be my maid . I seriously hate mopping the floors and washing the walls. UGH, UGH, UGH! I don't mind doing the laundry- so it will be an even trade off... I'll do your laundry you come and clean the floors and walls.

Well hope you all have a lovely Tuesday today... chat later
Not a chance!!! Maybe when you get a maid I can borrow her?? Have a great day even though you have to clean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina S View Post
good morning...just popping in quickly....woke up early today...have a lot to do before i get off to work

pear: great job getting up early for the gym...im with you...i need a maid!

poppy: have a wonderful day at work

hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Good morning. You probably won't get this but have a good day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh2bthintoo View Post
Good Morning /afternoon everyone
I'm having astrange day today - one of those where my body seems to be three steps ahead of my brain!!!!
I am an Occupational Health Nurse and today I'm doing some health promotion work on site about blood pressure checks. I feel a bit contradictory giving out advise about how to lower your BP when I'm stood there 70lb over weight!!!! Oh well least I'm doing something about it!!!

Have a great day everyone
Nobody is perfect so don't beat yourself up. Have a great day!

I am at work after having yesterday off and I so don't want to be here!!!! I have yet to eat my breakfast too. I'll go do that now.

Last edited by SBD Sass; 09-09-2008 at 10:28 AM.
SBD Sass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 10:28 AM   #9  

karen: great job on the workout...i have a question...is your hula hoop weighted?...i was looking into doing that but not sure how it works..thanks
Old 09-09-2008, 10:50 AM   #10  
making progress again!

S/C/G: 210/208.4/170

Height: 5'8"

Hi there everyone, it's been a while.

I've had a HARD time transitioning to being back at work, I don't think I have exercised in...like 2 or 3 weeks Been kinda depressed, felt off if you know what I mean. Gained 5 more pounds from my last post...sigh....I need to get my head in a better place.

There is a new 24 hour gym opening up right near my work. I am going to check it out and see if we can afford it, I think I could get up and go before work. I feel so much better in general and about myself when I exercise, I need to find a way to fit it in.

Hope everyone is doing well and has a great day.
mamatoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 10:51 AM   #11  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

I never was good at hula-hooping! Never saw it as an exercise thing!

How are all our Kindergartners doing now that school has started? I was gonna post this up top, but not sure who all looks up there. Anyway, go post your responses up there!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 11:56 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 195/161/144

Height: 5'9"

I have to finish getting the house tidied up, so when I go back to work in a few days, I won't have the house hanging over me.
My DD keeps sleeping in and doesn't know the exact time the bus comes, so she hasn't caught it yet. She's in Grade 7, and I'm getting a little tired of driving her. I told her she had to bring the bus schedule home today or she has to clean out the garage. I also charge her half an hour of chores for the ride.
Wow. I read that and it kind of makes me look mean. I won't delete it, because it's the truth, but I will say she is a happy kid. Well loved and a little spoiled. We laugh a lot in our house. (just not this morning!)
Kofarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 12:07 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Kori ~ you don't sound mean at all. Sounds like you're trying to raise a responsible kid. DS forgot his lunch box at school yesterday so I told him that he has to eat a school lunch today. Horror of horrors! He asked me why I was being so mean;-). This is the third time that he's left his lunchbox and I'm hoping that it'll be the last. I'm taking my little one up to school to have lunch with him just to make sure that he does actually EAT.

Toni ~ good seeing you! How is school going? Don't be so hard on yourself for falling off the wagon. I don't work outside of the home and fitting exercise in isn't easy. I can't imagine how tough it would be if I worked a full-time job too. I will say though that when I get up early to exercise it makes my whole day go so much better. Hope that the gym is within your price range.
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 12:37 PM   #14  

Height: 5'6

hey all...busy here. Funny since Dd started kindergarten, I feel like I have less time to be on here. Maybe because I'm spending more "quality time" with her than I did during summer...who knows??

Anyway, sounds like most of us are in a kind of rut. 'Cept you Valerie...you're awesome! I am too. I mean in a rut, not awesome. although you could ask my husband, he proabaly thinks i am, lol. I haven't gone above 150, but my stomach is really out of shape, seemed like it was better before. I haven't walked a full two miles in about two weeks in the am, but I did it today, and I felt great. Eating has been good, haven't logged it though, so I'm sure I'm consuming more calories than I'm willing to admit. Ah, well. Back at it, right girls!!??

Joan, morning exercise does make sucha difference, doesn't it? Keep at it!!
oh, and Frankie forgot books at school yesterday, he lost tv & game priveleges...worst thing in the world for him. He seems to be getting better , though about responsibility. I think 4th grade is the big year for that. A lot different than last year.

Kori, I agree with Joan. You're doing a great job...the way most kids learn is by being punished, and hey, she's a part of the family, right? She should have to help clean. Good for you!

Hey toni...don't beat yourself up. It's so easy to get off track. Hope the gym thing works out!

Alicia, boy you got it made...they even help with homework?? That would be FANTASTIC!!

Hey to Christina, Lauren, Karen, GG (nice bike, girl!), Lisa, Hannah, etc. Hope you are all well.

Welcome to Sass and Oh2...you've come to a great place!!

Off to check out the kids post...chat later!

P
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 04:18 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh2bthintoo View Post
I feel a bit contradictory giving out advise about how to lower your BP when I'm stood there 70lb over weight!!!! Oh well least I'm doing something about it!!!
Did you say in another post that you already lot 7 pounds? So you're not 70 pounds overweight anymore!! Only... 63...

See... doesn't that make you feel better?? LOL
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote