30 Something Chat Wed Sept 3rd

• Morning all...i'm sooo beat. This week had kicked my butt. I'm looking forward to my next day off (Friday). I have a 4 days weekend. Unfortunately the weekend will be pretty busy because we are taking a motorcycle course that runs all day (and its an hr away). So Fri pm-Sun pm...we'll be go go go...but i took monday off for that reason. I just have to make it thru the next two days of work. Hope everyone has a good day.
  • GG, I hear ya, I have tomorrow off and it is not soon enough. Today is Senior Day and so all those little old crochety ladies are going to be screaming all day long. (I love my job sometimes) I have to be there at 7:45 to be ready by 8 when the doors open. I have to tell you, I am not a morning person and I hate this part.

Well I better get going, I need to finish with my hair and pack my lunch.

Lisa
  • BACK TO SCHOOL DAY!!!!!!

That about sums it up... LOL

Welcome newbies! Best of luck on your weight loss journey! You've foud a good place to hang out. A lot of support and good people here.

Off to work... still no word on the full time gig. I've been so busy getting the kids ready for school and all, I've not had time to post! Maybe things will calm down soon... (I hope)... UGH!

GG - Enjoy your mini vaca... sometimes just a few days is all you need...

Lisa... You must have the patience of a saint... I couldn't deal with crotchety all day... I'd jump off a bridge... Have fun!!

Tawk at ya's all lata'!
  • Goooooooood Morning All!!!!

Getting ready to leave to the gym in a few. I need to start going earlier, as when I go later in the morning, I procrastinate, and then rush rush rush to get there.

GG--- Have fun at the motorcycle course this weekend. Do you own a bike? My hubs is a big motorcyclist--- as are my kidlets too. They gotta be like daddy.

lppennington--- Have a Ball at Senior Day... I hope it isn't to bad.

Well off to check on the kidlets, as it got really quiet all of a sudden.
  • Morning everyone!

Pam, how was Cadence's first day?

mist72, WELCOME! We have a great group here!

Caffeine, glad the court didn't lower his bail. What a scary ordeal!

Fergi, sorry about your Dad. I'll be thinking of your family tomorrow that all works out well.

Joan, we used to have a pool and boy do I miss it in the summer. I don't miss the upkeep though.

Hanna, are you and DH doing anything fun today? Glad to hear Sean is doing so well!

Erin, all the teacher's here have disapeared, I know you guys must be super busy.

Hey to Pearfreak, GG, Lisa, Poppy and everyone I forgot.

I went to take the test yesterday, it was math, simple stuff, so simple you second guess yourself. I'll have to wait a few weeks to hear back she said. I may apply at walmart too, I saw that they are hiring.

I was gonna wash the sheets on our bed today, but dh made the bed before he went to work. I know it was a great effort for him and I don't want to mess it up. Plus Im sure I can find lots of other stuff to clean.

Hope all are having a good day!

Talk later,
    Alicia
  • Well. I got MARRIED!! Everything went perfectly! I have been flying around like a whirling dervish for 10 days now, haven't been able to get on the computer, because I was either out, busy, or someone was on it already, or the person who was sleeping in this room was in here.
    I have a new husband who is handsome, funny, smart, and loving. Everyone behaved, even the weather, for the most part.
    My mom and step-mom decided they were best friends after all, and my poor dad was in fear every time they giggled together. My MIL loves everybody, and everybody loves her. I'm in shock that everything went so well. My Alberta Family and I got 'Screeched in' in a ceremony that makes us Honorary Newfies. Everyone had a wonderful time.
    I have gained only 3 lbs, after dispensing with my food journals for 10 days, and just trying to eat half-smartly. Also I only went jogging once in the past 2 weeks, so I am ready to jump back on the horse full-throttle!!
    I am going to go back and read up an who's doing what, and I hope everyone in having a great back-to-school!!

• Hi All,

KORI!! Welcome back! I can barely see your pic though! Can you post a larger one? Or better yet, post a few of them up in the pic thread!!
  • CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I second the request. Your dress looks beautiful as far as I can tell from the picture and I'd love to see at least one bigger one.
  • Congratulations, Kori!

I'm so glad I took this week off of work. I did it just in case my daughter needed to do last-minute shopping and stuff. Also so I could get some things done around the house that I've neglected all summer.

I took DD and a few friends to their 1st day of sophomore year, then went to the track to do my 1st day of C25K. Loved it! (Then had a text message from DD that I needed to bring the form for her school pictures to her at school, darnit!) At least I was home

Back to school is a busy time, but for some reason I'm always relieved and glad to be able to have some time at home, alone.

Okay, off to clean the house!
  • Hi all,

Kori...CONGRATULATIONS!!! Yes, please post a few pics in the pic section at the top of the board...we can barely see you, and the cake looks great, would love to see the detail!!

Alicia, her first (and second) days were great...she made two new friends. I have back to school night for her tonight. Next week is Frank's. He seemed to have a pretty good attitude yesterday, hopefully it will continue.

Can;t stay on, I'm super busy gettin stuff done. Hope everyone has a great evening, will check in tomorrow.

Cheers,
    P
  • KORI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations!!! I want a bigger pic too!! LOL Glad to hear that all went well and I was laughing that your dad was nervous about your mom and step mom talking... THAT was funny! Nice to see you back girl!!
  • congrats kori and welcome back...i want more pics

Pear- i don't own a bike yet...taking the course to learn to ride one. i always loved motorcycles (always went to bike week when i lived in gainesville)...Im planning to get a bike shortly after the course. I just hope the rain holds off this weekend or ill be learning to ride in the rain and be a drowned rat. But the course happens rain or shine.

lisa-hope you survive the crazy old bats LMAO
  • Hey everyone!

Kori, congrats and I agree with everyone else about the pics! Did you guys go on your honeymoon already?

Well, I did make it to the gym today and I was hoping the wokout would give me some energy. Ive been so tired. I did get alot done today so I'm happy about that. Back to work tomorrow, BLECH!

Hope everyone has a great week, well whats left of it!

Talk soon,
    Alicia