3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   30-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings-57/)
-   -   30 Something Weekend Chat July 26 & 27th (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings/147370-30-something-weekend-chat-july-26-27th.html)

poppyseeds 07-27-2008 12:01 PM

Good morning all! I slept until 11:16!!! So did hubby and the kids are still sleeping! The pool party wore us out yesterday! MAN... can I tell I ate bad yesterday, I am bloated with salt that my hands and wrists are stiff and sore. The food wasn't even that good for this!!! LOL

I used to feel like that all the time!!! It's amazing that you realize how bad you actually used to feel everyday when now you feel good every day! Hope that made sense!

Anyway, everyone have a great day! I'm loving it over at sparkpeople. I swear I am obsessed with getting those points!!! LOL

lois lane 07-27-2008 12:36 PM

Afternoon ladies!

Pam, I have to agree with you, food prices are just crazy! Drives me nuts when I go grocery shopping.

Toni, glad your little guy had a good birthday, happy birthday to him!

Poppy, the last poem, that should be mine, hahah. I have to pee hundreds of times a day, lol. Parties are hard, sounds like you did okay.

Lauren, always happens here too, just seem to get caught up and something throws us off. Hope its nothing too serious for Eli.

Kerry, I forgot to congratulate you on your loss last week, congrats girl!

Joan, I see you had a great time at the movie, 17 of you...wow. BTW, thanks for asking about my Grandma! She has some form of dementia, (not alzheimers). Things have just gone downhill since she went in the nursing home. She had a feeding tube surgically put in her stomach. Has had numerous infections. The worse part though is she has turned just plain MEAN! My grandfather has just had the brunt of it all and I feel so bad for him and wish I were closer. I feel horrible for not visiting but I can't bring myself for the drive after three days of work.

Okay guys, I'm inserting foot in my mouth as I tell you this. Remember how I wished for a handy man? Well my DH starting bringing his "friend" around to help out. The guy gives me the creeps so bad. I know, so bad of me to judge someone by their looks, bad Licia, right? Am I totally wrong? I know I don't like someone judging me cause of my weight. So, I shouldn't judge others. Thanks for letting me vent, I feel so bad.

Hope everyone is having a great Sunday, I think I'm taking DD shopping, I'll probably be bad and go out to eat to.

Alicia

yana 07-27-2008 12:42 PM

Hi girls,
It's a miracle. After startinf South Beach on Monday I lost 9.5lbs as of today. I eat around 1300 cal a day. I eat yummy food (I cook from their Cookbook). I am so happy. Ok, I am off to cook breakfas... be back later
Yana

LBH 07-27-2008 01:56 PM

WOW Yana!! :cheer2: Congrats!!

mcmommy2 07-27-2008 04:02 PM

HI all...back from the weekend trip. I really didn't do too badly...so I will be excited to see what this new do it myself attitude brings on Wednesday weigh in...I am trying to get to some kind of goal so I can buy a new Vera Bradley (bags are my obsession) Take care and check in soon!-Erin

IrishJoan 07-27-2008 04:32 PM

Alicia ~ is this the same "friend" that stole DH's four wheeler? I don't think that you sound judgmental at all. I think that all too often, people ignore their instincts and then really dumb things happen. What do your kids think of this guy? They can be good judges of character.

I am so tired this afternoon. We went to the pool and now a nice little nap might be in order... Later Chickies ~ Joan

mamatoni 07-27-2008 05:41 PM

Hi ladies, Just finished my workout, My step-mom has the kids for another hour or so. I am going to hop in the shower and write up a letter of recommendation I have to do for a kid. One of the huge drawbacks of teaching juniors and seniors...I always feel like there is so much pressure when I am writing one...argh.

Erin, glad to hear you feel good about your weekend, are you home until school starts now?

Joan, hope you enjoy your nap. How old are your kids again?

Yana, congrats!!!! :carrot::carrot:

Alicia, I totally agree, trust your gut instincts...

Valerie (or anyone else who knows), what is sparkpeople? (just call me clueless:D)

Kori, what is lean body mass? How do those scales work, they always kind of amaze me, feels very star trek-y...or like the scanner on Finding Nemo when the dentist's tank gets a new filter...:D can you tell I've watched too many kid's movies. :dizzy:

Lauren, your morning sounds nice and relaxing, hope the rest of your day was good too.

Hi and enjoy the last of the weekend to everyone else.

P.S. I just saw yellow leaves on a Birch tree!!!!:(:(:(:( Fall CANNOT be here already, this has been the coldest, shortest summer in a long time. :(

poppyseeds 07-27-2008 06:24 PM

Mama... sparkpeople.com

It's a diet resource site. You can log your food, fitness and get lots of info. You make your own sparkpage and gain points as you visit different parts of the site. My username there is poppyseeds too. :)

IrishJoan 07-27-2008 06:39 PM

Toni ~ I have 10 (son), 7 (daughter) and 5 (daughter). They're at fun ages. Fall???? NO way! I love the fall but seeing yellow leaves in July would bum me out. What temp is considered hot in Alaska?

Kofarq 07-27-2008 07:14 PM

Hi, Mamatoni,
Body fat percentage scales work by sending a tiny current of electricity through your body. It looks like a regular scale, but has two metal plates which you put the balls of your feet on. It measures the speed the current moves through you, and taking into consideration your height, weight, fitness level, and gender, it can calculate how much of you is made up of fat, water, and other tissues. Lean body mass is your skeleton, muscles, organs, skin, everything but the fat. It does feel Star Trekky to use, it's kind of fun! (Boop-boop!)
By the way, I really like the picture on your Avatar. You look very happy and carefree with the children!

pmasci 07-27-2008 07:31 PM

Hey ladies!!!

Went swimming yesterday & today. DH & DS went to the Phillies game today. there was a 2hr. rain delay after the 2nd inning, so they just came home. What a waist of a day, as well as 100.00 (they took my FIL). Oh, well. Anyway, gotta get my kitchen cleaned & make lunch for Frank tomorrow before Big Brother comes on. I can't believe I watch that show. I thin I lose IQ points every time it's on.

Okay, gonna roll. Will check in tomorrow, after I take the dog for a walk. I have resolved to get myself back to exercising everyday, even if it's just a walk. I was doing so great from September till I went on VACA. it June. Now it's time to get it in gear.

Have a great evening ladies!!

Cheers,
P

mamatoni 07-27-2008 07:57 PM

Kori, thanks for the explanation, sounds kinda neat, do the percentages change very easily? Are you a daily weigher? I am and wonder if I would find myself getting weirded out by all the #'s. Thanks for the comment on the pic, we had just gotten home from a 2 week vacation and were excited to see DH and be home. :D

Joan, those do sound like fun ages, it seems like as they get older there are so many more fun things you can do with them. I know I will miss the snuggles that my DD loves so much at this age, but I am excited to hear what is going on in her little blond head. :D Usually temps in June and July average 70-80 and get in the 90's, we usually don't get a lot of rain until August (this is in Fairbanks, mind you). This summer has been really wet, with temps in the 50's. :( DH ate the first ripe tomato from the greenhouse this morning...last year we ate them the entire month of July and I didn't even have a greenhouse! It's just been too cold. Fall is usually my favorite time of the year, but this year it didn't even feel like we had a summer....sorry about the weather-rant. :(

Valerie, I'll check out the sparkpeople stuff and let you know.

SunshineCA 07-27-2008 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yana (Post 2288346)
Hi girls,
It's a miracle. After startinf South Beach on Monday I lost 9.5lbs as of today. I eat around 1300 cal a day. I eat yummy food (I cook from their Cookbook). I am so happy. Ok, I am off to cook breakfas... be back later
Yana

Yay!!! :cp: CONGRATS!!! South Beach rocks!! :broc:

SunshineCA 07-27-2008 08:22 PM

Happy Sunday everyone! :)

Looks like everyone did well over the weekend! :) Way to go guys!!!

It gets easier all the time for me. I made very good choices and stayed true to plan, no matter how many opportunities I had to cheat. I just kept telling myself that it wasn't worth it. I also feel I need to be accountable for my actions and didn't want to have to post here or in my journal how I screwed up.

Thank goodness for this website and all of you! :)

May you all have a great week! Make it a good one! :D

poppyseeds 07-27-2008 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yana (Post 2288346)
Hi girls,
Yana

Yana!!!!!!! Awesome!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

:hug: