Old 07-23-2008, 11:54 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Hanna ~ why is that everyone has that same reaction before starting "Pillars?" Maybe because it's such a long book? I read that book 10+ years ago and it stuck in my mind. Love it, love it, love it! Just finished re-reading last year and now my book club wants to read it in September. I'm the only one that's read it and I'll probably just skim it one more time. Ken Follett just came out with "War without End" a while back and it's great too. It takes place maybe 40 or 50 years after the time period in "Pillars." Enjoy!!!!!! There is nothing like a good book.

Sunshine ~ My DS is the same way. The boys knows everything there is to know about dinosaurs. There is an exhibit at our zoo right now that we're going to see next Tuesday. Has he seen "Walking with Prehistoric Beasts" before? It was on Discovery years ago and now is out on DVD.

We're off to the pool. It is a gorgeous weather day here. The temperature has cooled down a little and it should be a great pool day. I need to go to a wake later this afternoon and then tonight my sisters and nieces are meeting to go see Mamma Mia. Can't wait. We're eating at Outback first though... I will definitely avoid the Bloomin' Onion! Hugs to all ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 12:31 PM   #17  

Height: 5'6

Hey ladies.

Went grocery shopping/errand running with the kiddos this AM. Just had lunch & now we will do a craft together. Just trying to keep them from gettin bored. Too cloudy for swimming today. May go to MIL's tomorrow for that.

HOpe everyone has a great afternoon. Will try to do personals later!!

P
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 01:06 PM   #18  
making progress again!

S/C/G: 210/208.4/170

Height: 5'8"

hi everyone, busy day yesterday and today. We're heading off to a playdate with a friend who has a DS about the same age as mine, then she just had twin boys in May...had no idea she was having twins until the second one started coming out!!!! she had them at home and didn't have an ultrasound due to finances. I totally can't imagine expecting one and getting two! Anyway, MIL is watching kids tonight and DH and I are going out for a friend's B-day, should be fun DS's b-day is friday and I am trying to get everything ready, seems like there isn't enough time in the day, oh, yeah, that sunshine that was looking so promising yesterday morning didn't pan out, still cloudy and cold. Everybody is saying that this is it, fall is here. I am holding out some hope, but not much. I tried planting corn this year, my mom warned me not to, that it would guarantee that we have a cold summer (she is totally into that sort of thing, like it only snowed b/c you shoveled the driveway ), I know intellectually that it isn't my fault that we had a cold summer, but still.....

Pam, enjoy your crafts with the kids. I need to take my kids swimming, they would love it.

Joan, have a fun girls night tonight with your family, let us know how the movie was.

CC, good luck with all your running around. Hope your legs feel better!

Hanna, glad you have a good book to read, enjoy your day with DH, I have to commiserate with your dentist woes, but I had mine done in the reverse order, crown, then root canal (root canal was way worse!). GL with those!

Sunshine, my DH is really into palentology and gets really upset if there are unrealistic combinations of animals on kids shows and clothes drives me batty sometimes!

Kerry, congrats on the loss!!!

Lauren, hope your pup is feeling better and that it isn't anything serious.

DD just woke up and we have to get moving, Hi to those I didn't get to and hope you have a great day!
mamatoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 04:22 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 199.4/195.4/149

Height: 5ft3in

Hi all! Just checking in. Looks like everyone is having a good and busy week...Friday we leave again for PA for a family reunion...so another weekend gone. Then the next weekend we leave for a week in NY...then finally I think we are home for good.

Toni- I wish your son a happy 3rd...(right?) We just had a Thomas themed birthday for Nate on our trip...he loved it. Have fun out tonight and enjoy!

To the rest, have a great rest of the day...can't believe the weekend is right around the corner again. Take care, Erin
mcmommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 04:24 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Pam,... Regarding the crafts, have you ever tried Donna Dewberry's One Stroke painting? I learned how to do it a few years ago when I was sick. It saved me from a summer of boredom!! AND... I sold almost everything I painted on eBay and my website!!!

Joan... enjoy your night!

Hanna... I had a root canal not too long ago. My crown will be $500 so it'll be a while before I get that done. I also have to get back into reading. I just don't have much time lately. I miss reading a lot.

Kerry... good job on the loss!! You rule!!!

Fergi... I guess I missed my calling as a comedian... however, I am the world's funniest Accounting Assistant!!

Glad you are all enjoying the poems. I still have some more to share...
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 04:52 PM   #21  

Hey girls,

Valerie, never tried the painting, but I have seen it. It looks like it would be a lot of fun!! How was your day with the short one??? Hopefully he's realxed from his vaca.

Joan, hope you enjoy the movie. I would love to see it, have no idea if I'll get to , as I know Frank would rather stick forks in his ears than hear ABBA. I have too many GNO's coming up to justify another one...will probably have to wait for it on video. Let me know how it is...

MC, hope you enjoy all the traveling!!

Off to get dinner together. Frank is getting his bi-monthly massage so he won't be home til after 6 tonight, which allows me more computer time But, I've been on for about an hour now, so I gotta get rolling.

Hope everyone has a great evening. BTW...is anyone watching Big Brother?? Thoughts, comments??

Later,
P
Old 07-23-2008, 05:31 PM   #22  
fergi

S/C/G: 197.5/188.8/160

P, love Big Brother. It is a ritual around our house. I have not really gotten a feel of the people yet. But for some godly reason do not like Michelle. I think that is her name. The female boxer. There is just something about her I can not tolerate. I like the old man.

Valerie how was your day at work today?

Toni have fun with the hubby tonight.

Erin have fun on your trips. We wanted to take the girls to NY but was not up to the drive. Maybe when they are older.

Trish I get the shins hurting too. So bad it feels like my foot is dangling. I learned that when on the treadmill I have to put it at a 9 encline to keep them from hurting. Plus it is a harder workout.

Hello to everyone else. Hope yall are having a good day. It has been kindof bad weather over here. We are getting some rain from Dolly. But we need it.

Fergi
fergi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 06:02 PM   #23  

Fergi... it was OK. Napoleon was back from vaca but he spent his day in his office talking quietly on the phone. I spent my day daydreaming that he was talking quietly because he found a new job and is leaving... ROFL!!!!! All he said to me was "Hey..." Bleah...

Pam, if Frank sticks forks in his ears... call me so I can see. I can be there in 15 minutes... k?
Old 07-23-2008, 07:25 PM   #24  

Valerie, you think I'm kidding?? I'll have to go get an ABBA cd and blast it. I'll let you know. We'll have drinks & popcorn and watch what ensues...
Old 07-23-2008, 07:45 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

evening all...work was noneventful. I was acutally at a different banfield today (filling in) and its a much slower clinic. But it sounds like it went poorly at my other place....so i may have a bunch of fires to put out tomorrow, we'll see.

Lauren-sorry just got your message...if eli is drinking from puddles, he's probably picked up a protozoa called Giardia. Meds will take care of that.

Poppy...love your poems...glad to hear napolean wasn't too bad.

hey to everyone else!
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 08:05 PM   #26  

Height: 5' 7"

Hey all, I havent fallen off the face of the earth ~ just been super busy.

Work is what it is, crazy as always. There is a big floor move next month which will allow me to lose one department and gain a different one. I am not happy about that. I am loosing petites, but gaining dresses and coats. This is not in my favor I dont think.

Have not weighed myself in a long time so I donlt know where I am at with that.

Valerie, nice poem. I am going to share that with friends.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 09:59 PM   #27  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Thought I'd check in before back to work tomorrow.

Erin and Fergi, hope you both enjoy your vaca's. Drive safely.

Poppy, you'll have to fill me in on this boss napolean..I must have missed your post about him previously. BTW, Love the poems.

Lisa, good to see you, its been a while.

We're just hanging out, watching How to lose a guy in 10 days. Spent most of the day cleaning and I'm wore out. I still have to clean up from dinner....

Hope everyone has a good rest of the week, I'll be back on Sun.

Talk soon,
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 10:44 PM   #28  

Alicia... his real name isn't napoleon!!! ROFL!!! I just call him that because he's really short and a dictator!! He is one of my bosses and I cannot stand the man. Anyhoo... I was happy that he didn't bother with me today.

Forgot to ask, do any of you log your food/fitness on sparkpeople.com? I just found it tonight and it's fun!! If you do, I'd like to add you as a friend... lemme know ok??

Last edited by poppyseeds; 07-23-2008 at 10:45 PM. Reason: CRS
Old 07-23-2008, 11:01 PM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergi View Post
Lauren, Holly, Sunshine have a good day.
Thanks Fergi! I did!
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 11:06 PM   #30  

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearFreak View Post
Sunshine---- Great about winning tickets. Have fun, I am sure your ds will have a blast. We have a dino exhibit nearby, and my dd is skeered of them live actions and growls. To live and Huge for her. My ds on the other hand doesn't mind them, wants to climb over the barrier and climb them. LOL!
Thanks! We win tickets from the local stations all of the time. I have all the telephone numbers handy.

My DS is going to have a blast!! He can't wait to go!

My cousin's son is the same way as your DD. He will not be attending with us. It would totally freak him out.

My son is like yours. He's just a dinosaur freak!! Maybe it's a boy thing.
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote