3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   30-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings-57/)
-   -   Hi Everyone! Newbie here! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings/146325-hi-everyone-newbie-here.html)

WantsSkinnyJeansBack 07-14-2008 09:51 AM

Hi Everyone! Newbie here!

Hello ladies!!

I am so happy and hopeful today joining 3FC! I like the layout here and think its fairly user friendly, BUT PLEASE, feel free to tutor me if I should post differently. Any helpful tips are appreciated! :^:

Today I made a goal for myself to hit the gym twice a day. Luckily my gym is two blocks away, I do not have any children and I have the time to commit to this.

I once was a workout and diet junkie. After going through a very sad and difficult divorce in 2003 I slowly fell into a less active lifestyle. I miss the "old me" and all the great feelings of accomplishment and discipline I once had in my life. I miss being excited to shop for new outfits, where now I dread it.

I am a cheese addict and love good beer and alllllll carbs. I am going to have a difficult time controlling these indulgent foods.

Here I go!

I look forward to getting to know some wonderful new friends!

Tracie

ShrineLadyKim 07-14-2008 10:56 AM

Welcome Tracie!!

Good Luck!! I am a carb junkie too but trying to turn over a new leaf.

Hang Tough!!

Kim

LBH 07-14-2008 10:57 AM

:welcome2: Tracie!

fergi 07-14-2008 11:18 AM

:welcome:Tracie and you will definitely like it here.

Fergi

hollymommy 07-14-2008 12:39 PM

Welcome!!!

akdrummer22 07-14-2008 01:00 PM

Hi tracie, I too am a newbie to this forum. First of all good luck on the new venture! Starting out by going to the gym twice per day is quite an enthusiastic beginning. I have been going mostly twice per day for about 8 weeks. I am doing a 12 week competition. The hardest part of the new plan is usually the first week. Over coming the hunger and missing the bad diet can be the most challenging part. Make sure that you go easy on yourself and rest often. I recall at my 6 week mark hitting the exhaustion and hunger wall. I had depleted the carbs to the point of "needing" junk. Allow yourself a "free" meal or free day where you just rest. The psychological AND physical benefits can be huge and allow yourself to avoid the "I am missing out" syndrome.

You can do it!!! Good luck
Don

SunshineCA 07-14-2008 09:47 PM

Welcome! :D

WantsSkinnyJeansBack 07-14-2008 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akdrummer22 (Post 2269134)
Hi tracie, I too am a newbie to this forum. First of all good luck on the new venture! Starting out by going to the gym twice per day is quite an enthusiastic beginning. I have been going mostly twice per day for about 8 weeks. I am doing a 12 week competition. The hardest part of the new plan is usually the first week. Over coming the hunger and missing the bad diet can be the most challenging part. Make sure that you go easy on yourself and rest often. I recall at my 6 week mark hitting the exhaustion and hunger wall. I had depleted the carbs to the point of "needing" junk. Allow yourself a "free" meal or free day where you just rest. The psychological AND physical benefits can be huge and allow yourself to avoid the "I am missing out" syndrome.

You can do it!!! Good luck
Don

Thanks, Don!
I am hoping to enjoy the journey. Today was actually great. I enjoyed joining the FitDay website, recording all my food and checking out the Nutrition Report . Wow. I learned a lot about which vitamins and minerals I am deficient in which prompted me to do a little research on my own.
I had a bit of a headache today. I am wondering if it is a result from the extra effort I put in at the gym... maybe the body is detoxing?

I hope your Monday went equally as well!!

:) Tracie

poppyseeds 07-15-2008 08:39 AM

WELCOME!!!! Nice to have you here!

yana 07-15-2008 05:03 PM

Welcome welcome!
I am new too and trying to make it my last time. I am such a yo yo dieter.