Old 06-30-2008, 04:26 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 199.4/195.4/149

Height: 5ft3in

Hello All...boy have I missed you! Well, we returned from the inlaws in the Syracuse area...I have tried to read up but it is hard to keep up if you've been good. There was some good pizza and some even better strawberry shortcake so we will see! Wednesday I head to my moms in central PA...and she is an awesome cook so I need to have some serious reserve. Allie and Nate both traveled very well...surprise! Nate did watch lots of Thomas, Bob and mighty machines...I am not ashamed to use a DVD in travel! Allie just needed to be fed and changed a lot but we managed to do it. The scale says I have lost one pound which is truly amazing with the weekend...I am attending a WW meeting at my mom's on Wedn. night so we will see. I hope everyone is well and doing great...we enjoyed lots of boat rides and walking this weekend so maybe the fresh air and exercise helped...Take care, Erin
mcmommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 04:29 PM   #17  
fergi

S/C/G: 197.5/188.8/160

Height: 5'6

Hello again......

Well Lauren sorry to hear about the finger. I know it is miserable. You don't realize how much a finger is needed until it is injured. I would get it checked out. I slammed my fingers once while at work. Ended up being off work for 6 weeks. Had to do physical therapy. Was not fun at all. I am not a stay at home person. So I thought I was going to lose my mind.

Joan: The no smoking is going good. The only time I battle with it is when I get home from work. I did not smoke at work. So about 330 I am ready to get one. So instead I shove food in my mouth which is why i gained back the weight.

Toni: My daughter is going to be 12 in August. People don't realize how much she is like me until they have to go toe to toe with her. I don't think the ex MIL realized that until now. And she probably does not like it either. I have raised my girls to be independent and not to take crap off of people. I raised them to defend themselves. I always tell them I am not always going to be around to fight their battles for them.

Pam: Long story short.....she went to California to visit the ex in laws. My daughter and her Nana got into it pretty bad. Then when I was talking to the ex MIL she hung up on me twice. Now the daughter wants to come home. So she is. I had a bad feeling about the trip to begin with and I should have trusted the motherly instinct.

Trish: Sorry to hear about the poison ivy. I have never had it. I am not allergic to it. My dad, husband, sister they get hit with it bad. The wind can blow and they will have it. The doctor told my husband that the oil from the plant can live up to year on your shoes and stuff. Is that not crazy?

GG: I agree sometimes sleep in more important. Especially when you work like you do. Your body needs it.

Have a good one ladies and thanks for the support.
fergi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 04:58 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

We made a trip to the library this afternoon. The kids were so good that I decided to drop by Sam's Club and get some shopping done since it was close by. BIG mistake. Liam and the little one were giddy with goofiness. I was about ready to scream but instead I did something worse... I downed 2 chocolate chunk cookies. Normally, I only buy meat there but today cookies went into the cart as well. To quiet the kids down and to calm my nerves! They're now begging me to take them to the pool and all I want to do is go take a good nap LOL. Hugs everyone ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 05:04 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

pmasci... I'm from Bucks County too! I'm in Feasterville. I am laughing at your hermit crab story. We were in Cape May last summer and my daughter got 3 hermit crabs and they are still alive!! Can you believe that?

As for me... I woke up this morning so that was good... this is my first week so I am still curious to see what the scale says on saturday morning. I have been diligently writing my 3FC blog and am so far, so good on my eating.

When dieting over the past 3-4 years, I got so obsessed with counting calories and working out that I didn't lose anything! Many years ago I lost 50 pounds by following the old WW diet and walking after dinner. So I decided this time to just go back to basics. Eat less, exercise more. Profound, I know but I'm sick of going overboard with everything I do. I was thinking of joining the local gym to walk on the treadmill but I think I'll wait until fall/winter when it gets cold outside. I'm enjoying my evening walks with my husband, daughter and doggy. Rainy days I can do my Leslie Sansone kick boxing DVD... love that.

I'm sure you all know what I mean when I say I get obsessed. Like... if I usually walk 25 minutes on the treadmill, I feel guilty all day if I walk 23. I count the peas on my plate to be sure that they are in an even number because odd is bad luck. I cry because my family is eating wings and I'm eating salad. I REFUSE to do this to myself this time. I WILL lose weight. It is NOT a race. It is going to happen and I don't have to get nuts!!

Thanks for welcoming me to the group ( now you're thinking... OMG what have we done!?) LOL Nah, I'm not really that bad. I just want to lose and not miss out. Slim shots seems to be helping too.

And right now... all truth out there... health is not first and foremost on my mind... I wanna be skinny again!!!! (she says in her best whine)... the health is a bonus!! LOL
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 05:39 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 164.4/158.2/140.0

Height: 5'6 3/4

Afternoon chickadees!!

I forgot I had to run to town today to find hinges for a cabinet door, so that cramped my style. I took Mr. Destruction and Little Miss Chaos so that the big kids could clean house uninterrupted while I was gone. I think next time I will leave them behind and come home to the same messy house rather than put myself through that torture again.AAAAAAAAHHHHH!

Didn't get my run in yet but thats okay Mr. D has a baseball game in 30 min so after that I'll go run, its oddly cool outside today.

Joan, yes I am keeping little miss home for another year, everyday all day I think is too much right now, I hate the all day everyday Kindergarten thing. We haven't really done anything fun, I keep forgetting its their vacation, strange I know, but I'm consumed with all the work I have to get done and it sort of slips my mind that we should do something fun. My womens small group has been getting together with kids once a month for lunch and swimming at each others houses. DH is home after the 4th for 2 weeks, hopefully we can do a few fun things , he has a big to do list also. Fun, Fun!

Pam, I was having some trouble for a couple of weeks my knees were killing me. I rode my bike for a couple of days and then ran about half of what I was doing and biking as well. My problem is I used to run races so I have this thing in me that says I must go faster when I really just need to be able to go out and run 5 or 6 miles at a time without stopping and be satisfied that I accomplished it.

Lauren, don't we all need diagnosed?????

Toni, I had poison ivy last year really bad, first time I had ever had it and let me tell you it was everywhere................
Kids getting bigger doesn't mean no mess, it just means the mess they make angers me more because they should know better than to leave it for me to find.

Grace, HI!!!!!!!
food, losing is best done slowly anyway so you're on the right track, Yea for you!

Erin, glad to hear your trip went well.

Fergi, great job on the no smoking, I know its hard but baby its worth it. I used to never get poison ivy but last year I had an incident with my mower on the hottest day of the year and I was lying on the bank by my creek trying to fix the problem and later that night I started itching and ewwwwweeee I was one miserable girl, doc said I was probably so hot and sweaty that the oil immediately was absorbed through my pores. He warned me that once I got it I would probably get it easier from then on and don't you know it, he was right.

poppy, don't want to sound like I'm bashing you but, healthy is the goal. People can be skinny but not be healthy, Go for healthy the skinny part will be the bonus, not to mention, you'll feel better, live longer, etc, etc,...

Gotta go, game time! Trish
CCmomof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 06:00 PM   #21  

CCmomof5... when I was doing it to be healthy, it didn't work. I had no motivation. Now that I am focusing on something different, I feel like I have something "physical" to work towards. In other words, if I eat the same healthy food and walk the same healthy walk, what's the difference what I think about when I eat or walk? If it works for me, why should it matter?

I can try on smaller clothes to check my progress, THAT is a motivator... I can't see my insides getting healthier... so trying on smaller clothing is the "physical" thing I mentioned earlier.

I'm surprised that that was the only thing you got from my post. Oh well.

Last edited by poppyseeds; 06-30-2008 at 06:03 PM.
Old 06-30-2008, 06:28 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Poppy ~ I'm still trying to visualize your counting your peas to see if you have an even or odd amount LOL... for real??? I agree with you in that putting on a smaller size of jeans and being able to zip them up (w/o lying down on the bed) is a huge motivator! I just turned 40 and being healthy is my one and only concern. I can't believe how much healthier and more energetic I feel right now compared to a year ago. I don't like that I ate 2 (really big) cookies earlier but I'd sure like it a whole lot less if I hadn't already put in 8 miles this morning on my bike. Baby steps is what makes the difference. Keep doing what you're doing and stop counting your peas.
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 06:30 PM   #23  
making progress again!

S/C/G: 210/208.4/170

sigh...I am having a rough day - food wise. I seem to be craving everything and am having a hard time with the will power (or as my mom calls it, won't power ) Kids are sleeping, so I need to do my pilates. I really would rather go for a run and work out my frustration with myself, but DH said he would be home late and I know that if I wait until then I won't want to go. I really need to stay on my exercise-streak so I have some reason to feel good about myself.

By the way, it didn't help that my scale was crazy this morning, I was 204.5 yesterday and this morning it said everything from 207.5 to 215!! I know it was wrong, but what a way to start the day.

OK, enough of my pity party...

poppy, nice to meet you. Glad to hear you are exited to start again and are trying to be less obsessed. I seem to be an all-or-nothing type person, I am striving to be more normal in my eating, to try and make this weight loss LAST. I also understand about just wanting to be skinny, I feel like if you lose weight the right way, you will be healthy. Like Trish, I have seen a lot of skinny people who are WAY unhealthy. Sounds like your plan is a good one, eat less-exercise more. Funny how it actually works!

trish, had to laugh with your comments about bigger kids still making messes, one of the messiest ones is DH talk about a big kid knowing better!

fergi, way to go on teaching your DD to stand up for herself and to not be bought out with fancy gifts! as hard as this situation is, it really shows what a great kid you have.

Erin, congrats on your loss and good luck with all that mouth-watering food in your future. (I was glad to hear, but a little jealous your kids travel so well)
mamatoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 06:40 PM   #24  

Thanks IrishJoan... I turn 40 in November so I'm right there with ya!! I need something MORE than the promise of being healthy to keep me going this time. I've never focused on getting thin before, I've always focused on getting healthy. Now honestly, if I gave too hoo-has about being healthy, would I have gotten fat in the first place? LOL

Thanks for the response...
Old 06-30-2008, 06:58 PM   #25  

Thanks Mamatoni! Nice to meet you too. I'm sorry you're having a rough day. Those cravings can be nasty. Sometimes I'll brush my teeth to ease it. Sometimes it works... sometimes it doesn't... LOL

I'm on day 3 and so far, it seems to be OK. I wrote down some ground rules for myself on my blog just to keep me on track. When I'm feeling overwhelmed, I read my rules and find that it's really not as hard as I'm feeling it is at that moment.

This is my list of rules...

Eat breakfast.
Take lunch and don’t buy unless it’s completely, unbelievably and mind alteringly unavoidable.
Drink 4 water bottles per day.
Try to stick with low-glycemic carbs when possible. Wheat bread, etc.
No second helpings at dinner.
No eating after 8PM
Take a walk at least once every day.
Take the steps at work.
Lose 1-2 pounds per week as a weekly goal. Anything more is a bonus!!
Feel good about myself. I’m the only me I have.

See?? Easy!! I'm just happy to be here and to finally be on track.
Old 06-30-2008, 07:15 PM   #26  

hi everyone!
It's me Hanna, I changed my screen name, but it is the same me! LOL.
I am sorry I have not been around, I had not been feeling well, no energy and at the same time just busy w/life. Sean had been stable for a while and now he is getting manic again, not a lot of fun.
I have gained a couple of Lbs. not much thought, I am about 112 and I had already gotten to 107, I need to not let my self gain more. I am working on it!
I missed you all, I am back!

Hugs
Hanna
trendjunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 07:22 PM   #27  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All!

So the doc said according to the rating scale I filled out, there are 0 other 40 y/o women more attentive or impulsive than me! I don't know if I heard him wrong though, because it seems to me that it should be "inattentive", not attentive. I dunno. Anyway, he said tell your mom she's right, as usual. I get to start Focalin XR 5mg. tomorrow AM. Peter's on 15 mg! He said that it goes by metabolism, not volume, and that a 5 y/o hyperactive boy has a higher metabolism than a 40 y/o inattentive woman. So we'll see!

Karen, You haven't spent enough "quality" time with me! Think about how I'm always complaining about my messy house...yet I'm too overwhelmed to get it in order. I can't stick to a diet for long (been here since Feb. '99!) I can multi-task the heck out of things at work, but I have a horrible time finishing things. My report cards always said, "Lauren's such a smart girl, if she would just apply herself"...seriously, every marking period! I was the girl sitting staring out the window, playing with my hair or something, instead of listening to the teacher. I get lost in my thoughts and can be 6 thoughts away from the original and nobody knows how I got there! Anyway, I hope that I get that "fog has lifted" feeling that I read many adults get when they are diagnosed and start meds!

Sorry I can't do personals tonight! Gotta get the guys ready for bed!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 07:23 PM   #28  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hey Hanna! Why'd you change your name?!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 09:17 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

hi Lauren!
I donno! I am going back to the other name as you can see, know that I have it on the screen (the new name) I don't like it! LOL. I am telling you it is still the same me, crazy me!

OMG I have missed so much! what is going on with ya Lauren?

We were out in the sun this afternoon, it was beautiful! the kids asked me to put up the water slide so I did, I am so glad I did, it was the perfect weather for it.

I am going out for dinner w/Sean, DH is working lots. He has not been selling to many cars as no one is buying the big SUV's with the cost of gas...

See you guys later!

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 09:37 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

well week 2 is starting rough. Not OP tonight. Had a Horrible day of work. Insane, lots of sick pets and we were suppose to have two dr's today but the other one was sent to another hospital. So i had to do 5 anesthtic procedure and lots of sick pets. I saw over 35 pets today. i brought my lunch but it wasn't enough. I had my sandwhich and olives at 12 but by 2 (since i was running all around the placE), by 3pm i was almost passing out. So ran to a bagel shop and got a bagel with low cal cream cheese and some soda. I really was going to try to eliminate soda...but i really needed the caffine. I didn't get out of work until after 8, didnt finish my medical notes so i get to go back early in the morning to get stuff finished. I came home and had a margarits. So therefore...definately not OP...but hopefully not too bad. I had an extra 200 cal to play with...but i know its probably way over that LMAO

Fergi- to answer your question...its 4 yrs of undergrad and then 4 yrs of vet school. So you're daughter is looking at at least 8yrs of school. It requires good grads, a good gre (graduate record exam). Its tough to get in..and most don't get in the first year. So tell her to keep up her grades. But i also recommend when she's old enough (not sure how old she is) to work with a vet...preferrable a large animal vet...to see if its really what she wants. Some days i love my job...other days...i wonder what i'm doing LOL

welcome back hannah-glad to see you back

hey to all else...sorry i'm exhausted...off to bed.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote