Old 06-28-2008, 12:45 PM   #1  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Default 30 Somethings Weekend Chat 6/28-6/29

Afternoon Everyone!

I haven't started one of these in a long time. I guess everyone is having a busy weekend!

I am going to try and relax this weekend. I have to catch up on the laundry. I also have to give the dogs their flea treatment, im trying something new, a Frontline spray vs the spot on treatment. Hoping it is more cost efficient. I have to write out some bills. DH is doing Karaoke at someones house. I don't think I will go, I can't stand the heat, and they are doing it outside.

Lauren, I hope you're feeling better soon.

Kerry, hope you're feeling better today also. I kind of stopped walking becasue of back and leg pains. Also the air quality here is diff and I feel like I can't breathe outside some days.

Okay all I'll be back later!

Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 01:23 PM   #2  
making progress again!

S/C/G: 210/208.4/170

Height: 5'8"

good morning DD had another tough night last night. Not sick anymore, just up every 3 seconds it felt like. hope tonight is better Lots of rain here today, that is always nice, DH doesn't work as much when it is raining. No big plans for the weekend though. I am on day 5 of my sticker chart for exercise, I am pretty proud of myself. I think I finally found a way to keep myself accountable.

Lisa, make sure you take care of yourself!

Lauren, sad to hear you are sick hope it was a quick 24 hour flu.

Alica, enjoy your relaxing weekend. hope the new treatment for your pups works well.
mamatoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 07:59 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

afternoon all...work was slow...but that's ok. Been doing really good this week on watching what i eat. I actually gave up coke last sunday and had a half a can last night with movie and popcorn and was shocked to see how sweet it was.
Alicia- i'm not a big fan of the spray..only because i have a larger dog. It really talke a lot of pumps for a 75 lb dog. It does seem to work well for smaller dogs. Just don't think its cost effective for large dogs. 1 pump per pound = too much work and too much $$$$

talk to you later!
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 08:10 PM   #4  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Feeling better today, thanks. Stomach was a little "off" all day today, but better now.

Eli went for his heatworm check this AM, then to the vet that is doing his neuter. It's a different vet because mine doesn't participate in low cost neuter. I was a little aggravated that I had to bring him there for a pre-surgery check up, since he's been seen and is current on his vaccines. I understand that they have to do it, but that was a useless $32. out of my pocket, ya' know? Anyway, he gets snipped next Thursday! YAY!!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 08:55 PM   #5  
KAR

Evening all,
Feeling a little bit better today. My nose feels like it is back to normal. No more blood coming out of it. So that is a major plus. Just have a dull headache still. So will take my meds until the prescription runs out. Did a little shopping with my dh today. Planning on spending the evening watching two movies that I pick up at the video store today.
Lauren glad that you are feeling a little bit better. Hope you are feeling back to your normal self by tomorrow.
GG, glad you had a slow but good day at work. What movie did you watch last night?
Alicia, did you have a nice relaxing day? Have you checked into getting any Leslie Sansone walking dvds? She is great to do in your living room.
Toni, hope dd gets some sleep tonight and so can mommy! Glad that your stickers are working for you. You have to do whatever works best for you! Keep up the good work!
Hi to everyone else. I am off to put my pj's on, give comfy in the arm chair and watch my movies. Then take my pill and go to bed. Chat with you all later.
Have a nice evening!
Take care,
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 09:13 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 164.4/158.2/140.0

Height: 5'6 3/4

Evening Chicks!

Yesterday wasn't too bad, DH and I had it out with big DD and let her know we simply weren't gonna tolerate the nasty sharp tongue any more and as a result her b-day was half of what it would have been. I think she got the point because today has been much,much better. We went to Evansville and bought some new LR furniture, the Furniture Row store was having a 4 yr no interest sale, so I thought, why not? I have a lot of work to do before it arrives though, I need to steam clean the carpets and paint before they deliver, so that gets added on top of my seemingly endless yard work I have, Oh well I guess I can't claim I have nothing to do.

Didn't eat very well the last half of the day, not horrible just not what I planned to eat. I was able to get out and run today, legs don't feel tip top but I can handle it. AF really was bad this time I think I need to go see about getting the ablation treatment. I don't know how many more months like this I can take.

GG, your reports on your progress are great motivators for me to stay focused, thanks for sharing your successes

Alicia, can you try doing some pilates, its not cardio but it'll get you moving and make you stronger until your legs are better?

Toni, I like the idea of the sticker thing. I put up a check sheet for vitamins, so I can keep track of who is making sure to take them and if someone says they are but the bottle doesn't show it I know who to go smack in the head. So I could do the same for myself with exercise, then everyone can hold me accountable, but theres no knocking mom in the head.

Kerry, I'm glad you're feeling a little better, the 7th isn't too far away, take it easy until then, you have a good excuse. Too funny about the swimmers! When I went to the DR. a couple of months ago they ask me for a urine sample I was like if you find something in there don't even tell me.

Lauren, are you still keeping track of miles? I've been missing so long my mileage is probably way low but if you are I had 50 this week, maybe more if you count the yard work but I'll make do with the 50.

Won't have time to check in tomorrow, singing in the morning and have a lot of brush to cut down and burn by the creek. Have a beautiful Sunday!

Trish
CCmomof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 09:40 PM   #7  

Lauren-in defnese of the vet, you have to CYA in this business..i know you won't understand. But the vet doing the low cost neuter needed to see him prior to make sure there wouldn't be issues. I know it seems like a waste of money...but it is necessary. After all..you did get a low cost neuter out of it. We never do surgery on a pet without having an exam...at that time we evaluate the pet to make sure no heart murmurs etc and vax up to date. I know it seems like a waste of money...but not really.

Kerry- we ended up not getting a movie..not much we thought that looked interesting. Se we came home and watched the wedding crashers on tv

Trish-glad i'm motivating...hopefully we can keep it up.
Old 06-29-2008, 12:21 AM   #8  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi guys,

Well, my girlie is still limping around, but she is walking finally. I took her back to the ER yesterday 'cause she would not put her foot on the floor at all. They x rayed again and still didn't find anything, but her foot is swollen. So, they put her in a splint and said if she isn't better in a couple of days she needs to see an ortho. So today we finally got her to try walking and she was doing very well. She kept ripping the splint off so I took it off and let her walk around. Girlie took a walk on the treadmill!! We left the splint off today and let her run around and play. By tonight she was holding her foot and crying so I put the splint back on (I got some of that athletic tape that only sticks to itself to keep her from pulling it off!) gave her some motrin and put her to bed! Hopefully by tomorrow she will be all better. The athletic tape gives the splint traction so she can actually walk on it. I was so worried that her foot was broken yesterday, I could only imagine how awful the summer would be for her if she had to wear a cast! I still have a hard time getting the medicine down her. The nurse at the ER couldn't believe how hard she fights. I end up covered in the medicine every time.

Sorry to yap so much about her foot. It's just been worrying me so much. We have pretty much forbidden all jumping at our house!!

Hope you guys have had an awesome Saturday!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 09:18 AM   #9  

Height: 5'6

HEY LADIES!!!!! I'M BACK!!! I really missed my girls!!!

Yup, I'm finally home form the shore...got home yesterday. Had a super week, weather was excellent!!! Got super tan, kids had so much fun, the water was pretty cold, but it was warm enough to go in. Anyway, back to the grind today.

will take me a few days to catch up on everyone posts...still have laundry to do. Have a baptism party today, and a cake for Tues. Also we have a huge BBQ on the 4th, so I have to getr ready for that. Not to mention I have to share my computer with the kiddos now that they're out of school (believe me, it keeps them quiet for awhile, so I don't mind.)

Have to go research pics for a luau cake...BTW...we got a hermit crab while we were at the beach...the kids finally wore su down this year. He is pretty friendly, though, and not too much work.

Toodles,
P
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 05:35 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Hi all! I thought I would stop in and say hi... I'me very new to the site but saw the 30-something threads and since I'm 39, I can still post here! LOL :P

As stated above by another member, I'm also dealing with a smart mouth teenager who knows waaaaaay more than me, in fact I think he is amazed that I lived for 24 years before he came along to tell me how to do... everything!! LOL I'm married, two kiddies, the 15 y/o and my 11 y/o daughter who is just beginning to discover that my son might be right about me... UGH... I hate adolescence. Mine was bad enough, now I feel like I'm reliving it!!

I also wanted to say about the flea treatment... I have a 107 golden retriever and wouldn't give up my Frontline Plus for all the tea in China! 107 pounds is big for a golden AND she's a girl so it's even more bizarre however, she isn't fat, just tall.

KarenK, I was sorry to hear that your daughter was having foot problems. My daughter was in the ER twice the past year both for arm injuries from falling on the playground at school. She's going into 6th grade this fall so no more recess!! YAY! Hope your girl is feeling better soon!

So, I just wanted to take a minute to introduce myself to the group and I hope to get to know you all... take care!
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 07:18 PM   #11  

welcome poppy.

karen-sorry to hear about your daughter. I definately think she needs to see a ortho if she's not better soon.

pam-glad to hear you had a good vacation

As for me...we got up early this am since i had to be at work at 10. We went to the mountain and walked the dog. Then i worked...work was good..nothing crazy but steady which is good. I am very happy with myself. I set out a goal to go one week with staying on plan. I carefully logged all my food and stayed within my 1500 cal a day allowance. I've have even turned down apple pie every night. I made dh a apple pie (well actually ms. smith did) on monday...every night he's had a piece. I had a small bite the first night...but that's it. Last night, while he had pie..i took 3 nilla waffers (low fat ones), handful of blueberries and a tbsp or cool whip (lite) and had a yummie dessert. Ok so it wasn't blueberry crumble, but it was less than 200 calories and tasted great. Nothing better than fresh local berries with whip cream. I decided i can do this for 2 wks. So week one down, one to go. After that..hopefully it will keep me motivated
Old 06-29-2008, 08:20 PM   #12  
KAR

Evening Ladies,
Welcome Poppy! Glad you decided to join us. Looking forward to becoming friends with you.
Welcome back Pam! Glad you had a nice trip. Sounds like you are coming home to a busy schedule.
GG, sounds like you are on track with your eating. Congrats on your dessert choice this past week. Keep up the good work!
Lauren, hope you are back to normal now!
Trish, we have had to have the same talk with my dh's dd who is just 12. Everyone in his and his ex's family has spoiled her. Now it has gotten out of hand and she doesn't like that it is coming to an end. Boy can they be mouthy when they want to. Hope your day was a good one!
Lisa, how was the movie and dinner yesterday? I want to see that movie. I just have to find someone to go with me to see it. Or I can just wait until it comes out on dvd. Hope your weekend was a relaxing one!
Alicia, did you have a nice relaxing weekend? Did you ever decide to buy the bristo set for your kitchen?
Hi to everyone else. Hope you are all having a great weekend!
I must be starting to feel better. Today my dh and I went out to lunch, I got the special (grilled chicken, baked potato and green beans). Then we went to Hocking Hills State Park and took a three mile hike in Old Man's Cave. It was nice. Came home started some laundry. Ate dinner and then I started to clean the house some. My plans for this evening are to watch P.S. I Love You and read a little in The Last Girls. Tomorrow is going to be a busy day for me. I have an 8:30 appointment which is about an hour away from me. Then have to stop at the service garage and have them fix my oil filter. Then go meet my sister for lunch which is another hour from my house in the opposite direction. So I will be on the road for a little bit tomorrow.
Well I need to go sweep the bathroom, living room and bedroom floors and then I am done with my house cleaning.
Check in later.
Take care,
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 09:11 PM   #13  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

HI All!

Feeling back to normal today, thanks!

GG, I totally understand why they had to see him, and yeah, I'm getting him neutured for less than the darn office visit, so I shouldn't complain! But I wouldn't be me if i didn't complain!

Karen, Hope girly is back to normal soon. At least she's putting weight on it now.

Starting to wonder about Peter's new meds. He's just a nut case when he comes off it in the late afternoon. I don't know if he needs a booster dose around 3 pm, or a different med, or go back to the 3 a day med or what?!

I'm headed to the Neurologist tomorrow afternoon to hopefully get diagnosed with ADD and drugged. I'll keep ya' posted!

Trish, I still have a record of the mileage, but haven't posted it in a long time. It kind of trickled off.

'Night!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 09:45 PM   #14  

Lauren.....we wouldn't want ya any other way LOL
Old 06-29-2008, 10:12 PM   #15  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Evening all!

Pam, it's good to see you back, glad to hear you had a good time with your family!

Poppyseeds, welcome! I agree with you 100% about adolecence, it was bad enough the first time around.

GG, sounds like you're dedicated, keep up the great work!

Kerry, I didn't get the bistro...yet, I did go and look at it again yesterday. I have to talk myself into it. Sounds like you'll have a busy day tomorrow, drive safely.

Lauren, I don't even want to hear about that low cost neuter. I know what I paid for mine and that doesn't make me too happy! Good luck with the Peter and I hope you get the meds all straighted out.

Hey to everyone else!

I did relax some yesterday when everyone was gone and it was nice. I gave the dogs the flea treatment. They are all small dogs, so it is a good option for me. I still have half the bottle left too.

I am back to work tomorrow. Hope everyone has a great week! Will talk soon!

Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote