Old 04-02-2008, 04:18 PM   #1  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Tattoo's

Do you have any? What are they and is there meaning behind them?

I have none at this present moment BUT I know what I want to get when I get enough $$.

Here is a picture of the design, I don't think I am going to go all pink though. I want each butterfly to represent one of my children. So, the biggest one will be Sarah as she is my oldest. Her favorite color is lime green, so I think I will go with that color. The second biggest will be Emma, her color blue. The twins will be pink and purple and they are the ones that are the smallest.

momof4girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 04:30 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 176/173/155

Height: 5'7"

Default turtles

I just got a tattoo yesterday...

My husband and I love to snorkle and every destination we have traveled to we have seen a sea turtle. It seems fitting.

I will try to attach a picture
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AliciasTurtles.jpg (30.4 KB, 95 views)
Morgan4699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 04:31 PM   #3  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

Height: 5'9"

I have what my friend calls a 'tramp stamp'. (A tatoo on my lower back). It is a celestial design that I drew myself. It's a sun with a moon, stars and waves in it, with small flames coming out the sides. It sort of represents balance and how no matter how lost I feel in my life, I can look up at the stars and moon at night and know that they remain constant - that there is a plan - that no one is ever so lost that they can't find their way back.

It was my 21st birthday present to myself. In August, I will turn 30... (What should I get myself then??)

momof4girls: I LOVE your idea for a tatoo. The butterflies are SO pretty. Where are you going to have them put?
SCraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 04:43 PM   #4  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan4699 View Post
I just got a tattoo yesterday...

My husband and I love to snorkle and every destination we have traveled to we have seen a sea turtle. It seems fitting.

I will try to attach a picture
I LOVE that. It is really beautiful!! Great choice!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCraver View Post
I have what my friend calls a 'tramp stamp'. (A tatoo on my lower back). It is a celestial design that I drew myself. It's a sun with a moon, stars and waves in it, with small flames coming out the sides. It sort of represents balance and how no matter how lost I feel in my life, I can look up at the stars and moon at night and know that they remain constant - that there is a plan - that no one is ever so lost that they can't find their way back.

It was my 21st birthday present to myself. In August, I will turn 30... (What should I get myself then??)

momof4girls: I LOVE your idea for a tatoo. The butterflies are SO pretty. Where are you going to have them put?
What a beautiful meaning behind yours. Seriously, that is so true. I have a friend who is going to also get a tramp stamp, though I have no idea what design she is going to get. I love that you designed yours on your own. Hmmm, for your 30th... I have no idea. What kind of things represent where you are in your life right now?

Im planning on getting mine on my upper right back.
momof4girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 04:46 PM   #5  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

I have some pictures in my "progress" thread. I have full sleeves, as well as some on my back and ankles. Click the link in my signature
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 04:47 PM   #6  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

yes, I have 8 and I love them all for different reasons...they represent different things going on in my life at the time I got them.

I am trying to come up w/ a design for the goal weight present to myself, but I'm not sure what/where yet....
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 05:00 PM   #7  

Height: 5' 8"

I've always thought about it and DH wants me to get one (he has a couple). I always joked that the way my weight goes up and down so much the poor thing would end up looking like someone drew on a balloon with Magic Marker. Also always kind of thought "ladies of a certain age" would look silly with them - but now that I AM of "a certain age" doesn't seem like such a bad idea after all . Maybe I'll make that my reward when I reach goal - to show my commitment to no more balloon Thanks for the idea!
yoyonomoreinvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 05:26 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 229/220/170

Height: 6'0'

I have a tiny blue dot on my big toe. My friend dared me to get it. I tall people it's a Smurf mooning them,if they ask what it is.
chickybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 05:27 PM   #9  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj5 View Post
I am trying to come up w/ a design for the goal weight present to myself, but I'm not sure what/where yet....
Me, too.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 06:46 PM   #10  
SkinnyGina

Height: FiveSix

I have a sunflower vine that wraps around my calf. No deep meaning but i did have it designed.
SkinnyGina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 07:11 PM   #11  
Tiff

S/C/G: 322/ticker/175

Height: 5' 7"

i have 2, a pawprint of my dearest friend on my left ankle, i rolled her paw in ink, rolled it on paper, and took it to the shop, her name was jerky dog, and she died 9 years ago of cancer, i have a wolf howling on my right ankle. i plan on getting another when i reach goal, but i have no idea what it will be, good thing i have a ways to go, give me plenty of time to think of what i want lol....WARNING TO ALL OF YOU THINKING OF GETTING A TAT! TATOOS ARE LIKE POTATO CHIPS! NO ONE CAN HAVE JUST ONE....LOL.....they are very addictive
pipernoswiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 07:50 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 177/155/145

Height: 5'8"

I have a daisies in the shape of a heart on the outside of my right ankle. I too have a "tramp stamp". It is a pretty blue butterfly. I want a couple more. First I want to add some flowers on each side of my butterfly. I was going to put my girls' birth flowers, 2 on each side. Then, on my shoulder I want to get a dove carrying a sprig of rosemary with a couple of the rosemary flowers on it. The dove to sybolize peace and the rosemary flower symbolizes rememberance. This is a tattoo in memory of my dad. I have more ideas, but those are the two that I will get next
sheywood4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 08:11 PM   #13  
Fay

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/140

Height: 5/3

Quote:
WARNING TO ALL OF YOU THINKING OF GETTING A TAT! TATOOS ARE LIKE POTATO CHIPS! NO ONE CAN HAVE JUST ONE....LOL.....they are very addictive
God, SO true!

Hi there! I hope you don't mind me butting in - I'm generally in Low Carb and Alternachicks, but the thread title caught my eye in the wee list thingy on the main 3FC page, so I followed the link.

First - GORGEOUS butterfly design, MomOf4Girls! Lovely idea, like the colour scheme and the location too. Brava!

Second - that's some lovely artwork on Morgan4699! Beautiful colours and cracking good inking!

I have one tattoo, which I got on May of last year. I'd been playing around with various ideas and was particularly taken with the idea of making an ankle bracelet with a charm to represent each of the places I'd lived. I drew up a design and liked it lots, and I tried painting it on my ankle and seeing how I felt about it for a bit... and then when I was googling for a design I accidentally happened across something totally different, which sent my brain off in another direction entirely. I saw this stunning full back piece of a pair of lilies - and the thing that really caught my attention was the use of space. The back really was being used as a canvas, with the empty skin contributing to the impact of the design.

So that got me thinking, and I decided to try something similar with a feather. I liked the idea of making it into a quill because I love writing. And I love wearing bright colours and sequins and shiny things and taking care with my appearance - I'm quite flamboyant, I guess - so a peacock seemed the way to go. And then it struck me that feathers and birds were also associated with flight - and since I'm pretty damn footloose and fancy free, this seemed triply appropriate!

I was playing around with designs and turning the idea over in my mind for several weeks, during which time I took a trip to India with a friend.

On the way to the Taj Mahal, a wild peacock flew across our path, trailing the great swag of its bunched-up tail feathers behind it, and it was just STUNNING. I'd never seen one fly before. And that just felt like the universe saying: "Go for it!"

So this is my tattoo. It's my own design, a stylised version of a feather I bought from the weekend market here in Bangkok, which the artist traced onto my skin and then inked in with the colours I'd drawn.

In truth this is a mirror image - it REALLY goes from my right shoulder to my left hip, but because this photo was taken with my MacBook's wee built-in camera it flips the image automatically. But you still get the general idea!

Last edited by broadabroad; 04-02-2008 at 08:12 PM.
broadabroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 08:17 PM   #14  
Fay

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/140

Height: 5/3

Oooh, Modkittn - just followed your link there. The sleeves look great (although I'd love to see more detail) - but, HOLY CRAP, WOMAN! Fantastic weightloss! Go Team!
broadabroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 08:24 PM   #15  
I will do this.

I have three tattoos.

One is a tiger climbing up my spine and then on my right shoulder I have a treble clef and then added to that I have the first seven notes of Somewhere Over The Rainbow.

I hope to get more, but I am usually careful where I put them!
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote