Old 06-16-2008, 07:44 AM   #1  

Height: 5'6

Default 30 Something's chat, Mon, June 16th

GOOD MORNING LADIES!!!

Got in a workout, gotta clean & laundry, then taking Cady to another birthday party. That girl is too popular.

this week I will be getting ready for the shore. We get a place every year in Sea Isle City, NJ (just south of Atlantic City), so I have to get food, etc. I like to have everything ready byFriday so I won't rush when we leave on Sat. Frankie gets done school on Wed. He can't wait.

Alicia, I haven't heard from Trish. I'm hoping she's okay...been thinking of her as well.

Okay, gotta get the bathrooms started & get the boy on the bus. Will check later...have a supah dupah day, girls!!

P
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 08:47 AM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All,

Pam, Have fun down the shore!

Toni, I love a good t-storm every now and then. We get them a lot in the summer, but usually August is unofficial t-storm month. No damage that I could see.

Got a haircut Saturday, but it took a lot of restraint to not tell her to chop it all off! I'd be angry that I couldn't put it up if I did that. So it's just trimmed.

Gotta run, have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 08:50 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 199.4/195.4/149

Height: 5ft3in

Good Morning. A nice weekend. Our almost 3 year old son wanted to go up to PA to visit his grandparents so we took him up and he will be there until Wed. morning. Hard to believe how much I miss the MOM!, MOM! and the whining and such! A little down today, between stopping the slimfast and waiting to be able to get to WW meeting, I have gained some weight. I think I keep telling myself I will start when I start that first meeting on Thursday but I just keep doing the bad stuff...I hope I am really ready to do this. Plus, I don't know if you guys have any experience with this but my lowered self esteem is affecting my relationship with my hubby and he can't understand why. So...just a lot of whining from me this morning but I had to get it out...Hopefully tomorrow will be a better outlook!

I hope you all are having a wonderful, successful day! Take care, Erin
mcmommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 09:55 AM   #4  
KAR

Morning Everyone,
Hope you all had nice weekends! Looking forward to a good week!
I got my workout in this morning. It was a dvd that my sister got for my birthday and just gave it to me this weekend. It is Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds 30 minute walk Weight Loss Series. It sure does get up you up and sweating a little more then her other one's I have. So I guess I will have to check out her website and see what other dvd's she has in the series. Just cooling off a little bit and visting with my dad before I go get ready for the day. My mil and I are going to go to the local fruit farm and then head back to the Southern part of Ohio this afternoon. I will get home in time to go to my stepsons' ball game tonight. If they win tonight, then they play again tomorrow night in the big tournment game. So that should be fun.
Pam enjoy your week of preparing for the beach. Sounds like fun. Hope you get everything ready before Friday and can relax before taking off.
Lauren, I know the feeling about the hair. I had long hair and had mine cut last month. I use to put it up in a ponytail every once in awhile. Now it is chin length and I am still getting use to it. Enjoy your day!
Erin, I have faith in you that once you go to your WW's meeting, you will get the inspriation that you need to start doing your weight loss journey. Then you will be on a roll. I know what you mean about low self-esteem affecting your relationship with your dh. My dh commented on how my out look and attitude has changed since the end of May. I think that you are missing your little one too! Is this the first time he has been away from home for a few days? Hope your day starts looking up for you some.
Hi Alicia, GG, Hanna, Toni, Joan, Lisa and everyone else. Hope you have a great day!
Well I think that I have finally cooled off enough that I should think about washing my sweaty body. Chat with you all later.
Have a wonderful Monday!
Take care,
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 10:56 AM   #5  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

HI everyone...been gone a while...not sure how long. Have been totally off plan and gained back what I'd lost....I'm back up to less than 10 lbs lost, I'm sure. I don't wanna brave the scales, but am going to have to. Scales just said I'm still at 10 lbs lost...so a 5 lb gain...maybe 6. I want to nip it in the bud before that 5 or 6 turn into 10...which can happen quick. Don't we all know that??? LOL

Anyway, I'd had a goal of losing down to 215 by June 28th back several months ago. I'm at 230 now, so that won't happen because I fell off the wagon. If only I'd stayed on..........

It's Monday...no if onlys....just pickin up where I left off.......

I'm wanting to try something besides Weight Watchers....just because I never have before. I've been checkin' out LA Weight Loss....it seems so expensive and the nearest one to me is probably 40 miles away. And you have to go there 3 times per week. Do you know how much I'd spend in GAS alone....plus the price of the program (I've heard $500 initially is pretty normal to just start up). There must be another program...I"m thinkin of tryint slim fast or something to jumpstart myself. I don't know. I"m still in the exploration phase of all of this.

Anyway, good to be back...hope I stay here this time.
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 11:21 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 199.4/195.4/149

Height: 5ft3in

Gaining weight in LA: I tried Slim Fast after my baby but am going back to WW... honestly, for me, Slim Fast made me so hungry. You get to the point where you can have your sensible meal at the end of the day and I would just pig out b/c I was so hungry...It is up to you but I didn't find it very successful or healthful...
mcmommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 12:42 PM   #7  
making progress again!

S/C/G: 210/208.4/170

Height: 5'8"

good morning everyone! I got up at 5:30 this morning...not to work out, but to help my mother butcher chickens! What a way to start the day She raises them so she is able to know what goes in the meat, but with her arthritis she has a rough time doing very many at once. Unfortunately she repaid the favor with a rhubarb-blueberry crisp! I will just hope my DH eats it all fast! He has never had a bit of trouble with his weight, I just hope our kids got that genetic bit from their father.

Lauren - I am also always tempted to chop it all of, but so far I always tell the hair stylist to make sure it's long enough so that I can put it back. Seems like such a big step to cross that line!

Gaining in LA - have you ever tried calorie counting? There are some good programs online to use and it is pretty flexible. I do a combination of that and low carb. I guess of all of the diets, it makes the most sense to me. Plus the math teacher in me likes all those numbers!

Erin - Just wanted to send some 's I know I would miss my little man if he were gone for a few days, even though sometimes the constant whining drives me bonkers! When is his birthday? My DS is also almost 3. I didn't notice so much that my weight/self-esteem negatively affected my relationship with DH, but looking back on it, we are doing so much better now that I feel better about myself. Even without actually losing the weight, the fact that I got out and went for a run or did my video makes me feel good...and maybe TMI, but feeling my body change and get thinner has made me feel sexier too (always a plus for DH!)

Pam - have an awesome time at the beach, I have been craving the beach lately and am a bit jealous!

Happy Monday!
mamatoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 01:11 PM   #8  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Toni, I can totally relate to feeling better about yourself when your body begins to change. I feel "friskier" when I know I'm doing good things for my body, too! LOL DH likes it. Not to mention that my frame of mind is just better, I feel better physically....there's nothing really bad about "dieting." I always look back and think, "Why did I ever quit??" SOOOO terribly frustrating to be getting back on the wagon......

Anyway, thanks for the input so far girls! It's noon and I've had a salad. I'm taking a multivitamin with an appetite "suppressant" in it...no uppers or anything. I'm not sure what is in it, actually....I knew, but forgot. It was natural, I think...walmart brand of the one a day weight smart, if memory serves me right. I don't know if it's psychological or not, but it seems to help. I notice more hunger if I don't take it. Still at a loss for what plan to follow....calorie counting never has appealed to me...dunno why...it makes the most sense.

Anyway, haven't done anything all day...gotta get off my BUTT!
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 04:33 PM   #9  
making progress again!

S/C/G: 210/208.4/170

Height: 5'8"

Have to share that DH just got the roof on the greenhouse he built for me!!!!

I am sooooo excited, he has been working on it for the past year as a mother's day gift. We aren't sure what we are going to put on the sides, maybe plexiglass. I am going to see if I can post a picture to show everyone.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg small greenhouse.jpg (58.9 KB, 5 views)
mamatoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 10:35 PM   #10  
KAR

Evening Everyone,
Boy I am one tired chicky tonight. I started to drive home around 12 today. Our four hour drove turned into being closer to 7 1/2 hours. My mil wanted to stop at two Goodwill stores she saw on the way up to my parents house on Saturday. So we stopped at both of them and spent close to an hour in each one. I got a pair of capris for $3.50 in a smaller size than I currently wear. They are a little tight across my hips and thighs but I think that I can fit into them real soon. I also got three weight loss books. So I am hoping to read them and get some really good tips. Then we ran into some nasty rain on our way home. So I am one tired puppy. Then only to come home to a stove full of dishes and laundry baskets piled full of clothes. Mind you I had the laundry done on Saturday morning when I left. I did leave the whites in the dryer because they were not done drying when I left. Plus there was some dishes in the sink, but they were from my dh and his three kids on Friday. So I thought they could have done them themselves. But no, he calls my cell phone and complains to me on my way to church yesterday morning with his mom about how I left the laundry in the dryer, dirty dishes in the sink and the house was a mess. I informed him that I had spent three days last week cleaning the house on the days after I was busy going through training for a possible summer job. So the people who dirted up the house could learn to pick up after themselves. So instead of being a kind husband, he throws the whites back in the laundry basket and piles his dirty white shirts and socks on top of it. Tells me to wash them again. I asked him why the dishes were on the stove and if they were dirty. His reply was yes, because I did your dishes that you were to do before you left on Saturday afternoon. So he can't understand why I am just a little pissed off right now. He came home long enough to see me for a few minutes and then out the door he went when he knew that I was pissed off. Can he not see that he is setting a bad example for his three children who are 12, 10 and 10 when he does crap like this and they happen to be around? So before I can go to bed this evening, I am going to try and make some mends to the house. Looks like he will be getting the cold shoulder this evening when he comes home, because I will be too tired to do anything. Sorry for coming on here and ranting and raving. But I guess it is best to get it out here and not end up going to jail after I ring his neck.
Welcome back Diana! I fell off the wagon too. So I am starting all over again. But so far so good. I know that you can do. So how did your day go?
Toni, your green house looks lovely. I bet you can't wait to get it all finished and then start growing some lovely stuff in there. I bet that you still got a good workout helping your mom butcher the chickens though. Didn't you?
Hi to everyone else. Off to go do the dishes, laundry and straighten up the house. Then maybe I can fall in bed before midnight. Talk to you all later.
Have a great evening!
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote