Old 06-10-2008, 06:56 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Default 3o Something chat tues Jun 10th

Morning all...well DH and I are going to take the mutt for a walk again this morning. Then another day of work...woohoo...hear the excitement LOL. Hope everyone is well. Nothing really exciting to report.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 08:50 AM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All!

Ugh, last day of the heatwave here...hopefully! We don't have our CA replaced yet, so we're living on fans, the basement (which is about 20° cooler) and one A/C unit in the bedroom. Sunday night I was on the computer checking my e/m and the sweat was literally dripping off me. I ended up taking a shower before heading to bed, that's how gross it was! Gosh, I hope we can replace the unit soon!!

Been busy as usual at work. Things are still going well here. Have to go into the city Thursday though, for training, and not looking forward to it. I'm really nervous about getting there...not a city girl!

Have a great day and stay cool!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 09:37 AM   #3  
KAR

Hi everyone,
Well I got axed from the summer school program yesterday morning. We only had 3 kids and 3 workers. So the head director told my boss to let me go since I was the highest paid employee and call the other girl and tell her not to come in either. That kind of sucks becasue I wanted to put that money in my savings account for vacation next summer. Oh well, now I get to sleep in.
LBH, I hear ya on the a/c issue. We lived in the heat wave without until yesterday. Then we went to Walmart and bought two window units. So it is nice to be in the house now and not have to take mulitiple showers during the day. So where are you working at now? Sounds like you are happy there.
GG, hope you enjoyed your walk this am with your dh and mutt. How far do you walk? I can't wait for the heat wave to break and then we can go walking at the lake and one state park near us. Hope work goes well for you today.
Hi to everyone else. Hope you are all finding ways to stay cool.
My lovely plans for today are to do a workout video, clean house, do some laundry, and hopefully go to my TOPS meeting this evening. But I might have to take my stepsons' to their ball game instead.
Well I better close and go get my big butt busy. Chat with you all later. Have a wonderful day!
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 10:18 AM   #4  

good morning...warm here too...looks like most of us have entered summer!...i heard about those storms though in the mideast i think...does anyone from here live there???...is everyone alright???

nothing exciting to report here...im glad about that..things are just moving right along...

gg: im with you on the excitement to go to work today...i wish i could stay home and in bed..have a great one

lauren: glad work is going well for you!...im the exact opposite of you...im a city girl and get nervous or worried when having to go to the "country" or outskirts...i like gas stations and stores on every corner...it makes me comfy!...good luck in your training

kerry: so sorry you wont be working this summer...we can switch and ill stay home ; }.....hope you can go to your meeting tonight!...have a great day

well....gotta go finish getting ready for work!
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 12:04 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

hello everyone!

GG sorry you have to go to work today!

Lauren sorry about the A/C hopefully the heat (horrible heat) won't last too long! I love the city! Don't be nervous!

Christina I thought you were pretty happy at work, what happened?

Kerry good to see you! I am so sorry about the job, that is so bad! I don't understand how people can survive like this, this economy is so bad

I am doing well, have been very busy, Sean has been very stable, so it is great, it is like a "vacation" to me, we have been going to the pool and having a good time, it is very hot here too. All though I do need to get the A/C guys here, the cool air doesn't quiet make it upstairs, we are wondering if there is any problem w/the "guts" of the system.
I am also very happy to say we did sing him up for summer camp, he is going to go to camp for 3 weeks!!!! I am so excited for him!!! what a difference from last summer!!!
Today I am going down to San Diego w/a friend to take a cooking class, we have been talking about taking any class and we never did look into it, I am very much looking forward to it.
I will try to be back later, I have a bad headache

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 12:39 PM   #6  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hello guys,

It's been a long day here already. DS has a cough and I ended up getting up with him about 3:30 AM, getting him a drink and sitting up with him. He was better sitting in my lap and sleeping. Then DD got up about 5. Not been much fun around here!! She was asleep by 11 for a nap tho. She will be waking up any minute wanting lunch I'm sure!

Lauren: Ugh, sorry to hear about the AC. We are the same way with our basement. We have window units, and I've been putting on the one in the living room (on energy saver) and hanging in the basement with a fan. So far we have been OK.

Hanna: So glad to hear that Sean is doing better. I hope he enjoys camp. Three weeks is a long time!

Ah, I hear the pitter patter of little feet upstairs. I guess I better go figure out what we are having for lunch! Have a great day.
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 12:45 PM   #7  

hanna: i am happy at work...i just want a summer vacation!..thats all...glad sean is having a good summer so far..he deserves it (and you) after last summer

karen: sorry your little guy wasnt feeling well..do you think its allergy related?...have a great day!
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 01:16 PM   #8  
KAR

Afternoon,
Hanna glad to hear that Sean is having a good summer. Enjoy your cooking class. You deserve a little Hanna time!
Karen sorry to hear that your ds is not feeling well. Hope he gets over it soon.
Christina, I was just looking forward to working the week, so I could put that money in my savings account for a nice vacation next summer. This summer, I think that my dh and I are going to go away for a weekend to Cinnicinnati to see a Reds game and go the riverboat gambling. Maybe do a few other little things.
Well I got a 4 mile walking dvd in this morning. So now I have to think about cleaning the house. I guess what I don't get done today, I can finish tomorrow. But boy, it sure would be nice if my dh would help out every once in awhile and help me clean house. I think every time I say that I am going to clean house, he has fifty million errands to go run. Then complains when I forget to do one or two little things. Oh well I guess I better go and get busy. Chat with you all later.
Have a great afternoon!
Kerry
Old 06-10-2008, 02:54 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 199.4/195.4/149

Height: 5ft3in

Red face New here

Hi all...new to the site and this support group. 30 now, 31 in October...two kids, son who is almost 3, daughter who is 3 months. After my son, it took 2 years for me to get serious. Joined Weight Watchers and was losing...lost 25 lbs. Then got pregnant with daughter and gained 50. Don't know what to do know...am trying slimfast as a quick and easy way but I think it just makes me want to eat more. Let me know what you have tried that worked....just looking for a place to talk about kids, hubbies, and how I hope that the next thing will work and I will be able to lose it all again...
mcmommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 04:27 PM   #10  
KAR

Welcome Mcmommy2! You will find this group a wonderful source of friendship and support. Glad that you have joined us. I tried Slim Fast in the past. I found that it makes me more hungrier and then I kind of defeat the purpose by overeating. Hope you find something that helps you lose your weight.
I belong to TOPS. It is Take Off Pounds Sensibly, weight loss support group. Plus I have been drinking one or two meal replacement shakes from the GNC store for the last week. Then I have a good meal with healthy foods. I have cut out the junk food, fried foods and pop. I try to drink lots of water too. I workout atleast 30 to 60 minutes a day. Hope that kind of helps you out a little bit. I will know tonight how well I did this past week. But I just started that TOM today and I feel bloated today. SO I am hoping that I have a loss.
Well hope everyone else is having a good day and has stayed cool!
I did get the kitchen cleaned. Now I am working on the dining room next. Thank God we only have a small house. So I might work on another room tonight after my meeting. If not, I guess it will be worked on tomorrow sometime.
Take care,
Kerry
Old 06-10-2008, 06:55 PM   #11  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Evening ladies!

mcmommy2, WELCOME! This is a great group! I used to live in VA! DH worked in Reston/Herndon.

Hanna, will Sean's camp be a day camp or is it overnight?

Hello to everyone else! The heat is suppose to give up here maybe Thurs. 88will feel great, lol. We went to go to the orthodontist today. She didn't get the top piece yet, they just glued something on her bottom molars.

I haven't worked out since I started working. I think I am going to be looking for a different job. I really don't like this one.

Hope all have a great night, talk tomorrow!
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 08:20 PM   #12  
KAR

Evening Everyone,
I went to TOPS this evening and lost 1/4 of a pound. So I was happy to loss something since it is that TOM for me. I only got the kitchen and dining room's cleaned today. But atleast that is a start. So I guess as long as I have the rest of the house cleaned by Friday, then I will have a clean house while I am away for the weekend. I am going home to visit my family for Father's Day.
Alicia, where are you working at? Being happy in your job is a must. Hope you can find something else that you would be happy doing. Sorry to hear that you haven't had time for your walks. Hope you get some time soon.
Hi to everyone else. I have to go and do some paperwork. I have a job interview for a part time summer job tomorrow morning. I just need something to keep me busy and not get bored sitting at home, catering to my dh and his three kids. Plus I would like to have some extra money to buy some new clothes for school this year. Plus do a few things that I want to do this summer.
I will check back with you all later. Have a great evening!
Take care,
Kerry
Old 06-10-2008, 10:38 PM   #13  

Height: 5' 7"

Kerry, where are you interviewing? If you go to someplace like Elder Beerman, you can get discounts on clothes. But be careful not to spend your whole pay check there.

Work has been crazy this week and tomorrow is not going to be any different. Just wanted to let you all know that I am lurking ~ reading all the posts, just not responding.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 11:24 PM   #14  
I am a thin person!

S/C/G: 215/tracker/135

Height: 5'6"

Hello, I am fairly new and have been looking for a few places in here to hang out! I am definitely 30-something...38 to be exact. Married 16 years, 3 kids (14, 10, and 4) and am doing the WW Flex program, but have incorporated Super Foods into my diet. So far, so good! I read Glory87's weight loss story and it sounded like a great idea. That's waht I adore about this board....so many different people doing different things, but all trying to help each other.

I hope you all have a good night!
362638 is offline   Reply With Quote