Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2002, 12:48 PM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default Week Of March 10th~~~~~~~~

GOOD EVENING ALL!!!!
Everyone got quiet today!!!Must have been some party last night!!!!
Old 03-10-2002, 12:53 PM   #2  

Hola Amigas!

I hope everyone is having a great Sunday.

Vick, Where are you going on the cruise? Have you been on one before?

Rabbit, I am glad you like the floor. It is always so nice to have projects like that done. I am very lucky to have so many good friends. We all met the first day of our freshman year in college. It is hard to believe that was almost 20 years ago.

Jul, No dreams last night.

Nanci
Old 03-10-2002, 02:43 PM   #3  

HAPPY SUNDAY.

It is quiet here today.

Jul - some of the things I already do, but I'd like a better am and pm routine. I can see how the emails could get to be a bit much!

Nanci - wow. That's great that you've all been friends since the first day of college. I think I'm jealous!

Dh & I worked out this am. We skipped yesterday & just had a fun day, went to a movie, did a little shopping. Glad that we went today though. I'm looking forward to warmer weather and outdoor activities.

Rabbit
156.584 miles

Last edited by Rabbit; 03-10-2002 at 02:46 PM.
Old 03-10-2002, 07:26 PM   #4  

Hi all! I have had a busy few days. Got my house mostly clean (that's a miracle). Had a birthday for Cassi & Chris (now 5 & 4) with all of the parents, (wished I had that Valium!). No kids could come because of the threat of pink eye(possibly a false alarm, but better safe than sorry). Now I am pooped!!! Glad it's over.

I made cnc (that's our code for Cassi & Chris) each thier own birthday cake in a Teddy Bear pan, but when I went to get it out, it fell apart. Before I changed my attitude about food, I would have eaten a large portion of my mistake, and then eaten the cake dh bought from the store. But as I looked at the pile of rubble, I really had no desire. I didn't care one way or the other about eating it. For me, I don't want to blow it at all; and for now, it is working. I have read about letting yourself have junk food occasionally, and I will if I really feel a need for it, but right now, loosing my weight and getting my cholesterol and heart healthy is more important than tasting junkfood.

Hope you all had a great Sunday, and that you have a great Monday (not manic!!!)
Old 03-10-2002, 11:19 PM   #5  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Just checking in...it was a lazy day today. Just got done watching the 9/11 special on CBS...was that a national thing, or just around here? It was awesome to see it soo up close. I thought it was very well done. There were a lot of people on the radio begging everyone not to watch it, and saying we (americans) weren't ready for it, but that's not true, it was really wonderful. DH, being a firefighter, was moved by it also. I'm glad they aired it.

DH & I are both off tomorrow. I have to go to court for that speeding ticket I got back in November, or whenever it was! My BIL got me out of the points, but I have to go to court and plead not guilty. I still have to pay the ticket, but I won't get the points. I'm also gonna go to Social Security and change my name...I figured it's about time!! While I'm there, I'm going to talk to this guy at Coldwell Banker about real estate. They happen to be in the same building. So it'll be a pretty full day.

Have a great evening all!
Old 03-11-2002, 09:33 AM   #6  

Hi everyone!!
I don't have much time to write but just wanted to stop and check in. I finally did it!!!! I broke thru the 160's to see 159 on the scale this morning. I got on and off three times cuz I didn't believe it!! Needless to say I'm in a great mood today. Our people are here from the home office today to conduct our interviews for the mgmt position and also perform and ISO audit which I have to sit in on. I wore a nice dress and heels today and also did my hair really cute. I normally wear jeans and t-shirt to work everyday so everyone's jaw is dropping. It's pretty funny to see all the reactions I'm getting! Do I normally look that bad?!?!?!
Old 03-11-2002, 01:14 PM   #7  

Hello all!

A new week. I've been having the hungries - pms I think. Got to get through it.

Lyssa - Hooray for doing so well & staying away from the cake.!!

Lauren - I watched the show also & thought it was well done.

Liz - Hooray for reaching 159!!

later all!

Rabbit
Old 03-11-2002, 05:47 PM   #8  
Phat Chick

Hi all

Just got back from spending the weekend at mum's, plus it was Mothering Sunday yesterday, so thought a visit was due (haven't seen her for about 3 weeks - but call daily).

Anyway she had a lovely day, especially because my brother who stormed out in a strop last year because he couldn't bully my mum into doing something (long story) turned up with his wife and the grandchildren. My mum was on cloud nine. Why is that when children have issues with the parents, they use the grandchildren as "pawns"?

Anyway he came round - didn't have the decency to apologise - but mum doesn't care (mum's are sooooo forgiving).

Hopefully I haven't put a downer on you guys.

C U later

Old 03-11-2002, 10:26 PM   #9  

Well, skipping the cake yesterday was a breeze, but after I posted we decided to eat pizza for dinner. We ordered vegitarian pizza with no cheese. That is one way for us to reduce the fat and calories with pizza, but I ate 4 pieces. Yes they were small (the equivalent of 2 1/2 normal slices), but I wasn't that hungry. It was consolation eating. I guess I am glad I stopped myself there but I saw that will power is still something I will have to work on.

Now back to another normal day. I didn't exercise, because I had to catch up the house work from having the party. Hopefully I will exercise tomorrow.

Dh said tonight at dinner that my face looked thinner. It was nice for him to notice. He is looking thinner too.

BPB - So, I guess your day wasn't as good as your mother's. I am glad that she had a good day, and it is good that you went to go see her. Sounds like you are a good daughter.

Rabbit - Baked Tostitos (the ones that are just corn and salt) and hot sauce is a great low fat food for munchies, and so is rice cakes.

Liz - CONGRATULATIONS on breaking into the 150's. I can't wait to get there. I bet you looked smashing in your fancy duds. It always feels nice to dress up even if you prefer to be in jeans and a tee shirt.

LBH - We saw the last half of the 9/11 special. It seems like a life time ago. It radically changed my view of life and what is important. But at the same time, I can't believe 6 mos. has already passed by. May we never see disaster like that again.
Old 03-12-2002, 08:20 AM   #10  
Out there trying

S/C/G: 185/127/125

Height: 5'4"

Well I'm still here and I'm still struggling for the 140's. I get soooo close and then gain back a pound or two - so frustrating. Part of the time it really bothers me when I think about how long it's taken me to go from 150 to 140 but I know that it's better than where I was 6 months ago and at least I'm not gaining. Maybe my body likes it here but I don't!!

LBH - I was so sorry I missed that 9/11 special on CBS. I knew it was on and then forgot and my husband made me watch X Files! Yeesh. Oh well I heard it was really interesting so if anyone ever hears of it airing again let me know!

Rabbit/Jul - I do the flylady thing and while the emails can be really annoying I delete all of the reminders and whatever else I don't have time for. If you don't keep on top of the emails it's overwhelming but you can always just delete everything. There's some good stuff there. I pick and chose but can see how it could be helpful if I had children.

Liz - congrats on the 159 - soon you'll pass me all the way into the 140's and if you do just wave as you go by!!

BPB - sounds like a nice weekend with your mother and as for family - who couldn't tell all kinds of stories!

Liz - the pizza sounds like a great compromise don't feel too bad.

Have a great day,
Elisa
Old 03-12-2002, 08:58 AM   #11  

Ugghhh, what a day yesterday. The audit was totally stressful. We did okay but of course the auditor managed to find one small screw up I did. All the other paperwork was perfect and he manages to get his hands on the one that isn't. Murphy's Law I guess!! Oh well, it wasn't anything that bad so he wasn't writing it up. Then I had two interviews. One was with a guy who will probably never be able to see me as anything more than a secretary. He made a few comments that made it clear he didn't think I was qualified. Of course I wanted to tell him I thought he was an egotistical, arrogant, chauvinistic a$$ but I didn't. The other interview was with a woman who knows me very well and knows all that I'm capable of. She's been in my shoes and knows the struggle of climbing the corp ladder. I know if she had her way I'd get the promotion but I seriously doubt she'll be able to convince the others on the panel. After the audit yesterday I'll be happy not to get the job!!! Anyway...I'll be okay with whatever decision they make (I think!!).

I've been way off track the past week but I finally feel like I'm focused again. AF has arrived and it always helps me to get re-energized. Go figure?? I managed to drag my butt outta bed this morning and to the gym. It was the first good workout I've had in over a week. I'm probably gonna be sore tomorrow.

Elisa, you're doing good. Just think about how far you've come and how bad someone like me wants to be where you are!! I go thru phases where I'll juggle a pound or two for a little while. I usually go buy a Fitness magazine or go to the library to find something to help me get back on track.

Lys, Wow you guys are good!! How do you eat a pizza with no cheese? That's not a pizza -- that's bread with tomato sauce. Pizza is one of my fav's and I have trouble stopping when I should. I think I could eat a large by myself!!

BFB, No downer here. You are a thoughtful daughter!! It's amazing how mum's love us no matter what we do. By the way, what's a strop???

Rabbit, good luck controlling your munchies. I was like that all last week. After journaling I've noticed that the week before AF I have no control. I'm an eating machine!!

Thanks to everyone for the congrats!! 140's Here I Come!!!!
Old 03-12-2002, 09:10 AM   #12  

I'm getting ready to leave. Going to take the boys to my parents for a couple days. I have some deliveries to make along the way and back so its a business trip (nothing like saying "mom, I can't come visit till I can charge the gas to business and pick up some checks along the way"). I have 4 deliveries to make so its worthwhile. We'll be back thurs p.m. or fri a.m.

We eat pizza without cheese too!!! I like the toppings better than all the cheese anyway. Mushroom, green pepper, onion, and pineapple. In fact we had that last night for dinner. I had salad and one piece of pizza. Bus alas, AF is here in a killer way and I'm puffy and gained 3 lbs (water weight I'm sure).

I'll check in later and hopefully I'll feel better!!, jul
Old 03-12-2002, 09:59 AM   #13  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Wow, yesterday was a really busy day! Got a lot done though. Went and found out about the real estate business in the AM, then to SS to change my name, then home to clean a little, then to court to take care of the darn ticket! DH went to the dentist, then he finished sheet rocking around the new fan in the bathroom. Just has to spackle and paint now.

I checked out the Flylady site and signed up. Yes, the emails are annoying, God help me if I can't check it every few hours!! But I scan them and keep whatever ones I want to read later. I have managed to shine my sink all weekend and this AM. I told DH that's our goal for the week, keep the sink shining! Usually that's not too hard to do though, we're pretty good about rinsing and putting in the dishwasher, now that we have one! I think I'm gonna designate my kitchen as a hot spot though...more specifically the kitchen table. We can't eat at it because there's junk on it!! I don't know if this whole flybaby thing will work for me, but I'm gonna try...I think the emails will keep me going.

I'm just gonna keep track of my food log on paper this week. I don't feel like posting it...it's not doing me any good, I"m still always over!! I am anxious to get back to exercising tomorrow night though. The new bowling shoes I ordered are getting sent back...they're too narrow...so I guess I'm wearing rental shoes again tonight.

Have a great day all!!
Old 03-12-2002, 10:20 AM   #14  

About fly lady emails, if you go to the site, there is a way to have all of the emails sent to you in one long email. I used to get them, but I would have never survived getting them individually.

Will post more later, but had to let you all know that.

Well, that is the way things used to be when she had an egroup email list you could join. I just checked, and it has all changed. She didn't have her own web site back when I was getting her emails. I am going to have to check out her new site. If you are interested, check her site out here: FlyLady

Last edited by lyssalou; 03-12-2002 at 10:34 AM.
Old 03-12-2002, 10:20 AM   #15  

HI ALL.

Boy, am I having a rough time getting anywhere! I gained over the holidays & have had a tough time sticking with it since. I lost 4.75 on our first challenge, but do not think I've lost any on this one so far. I'm not back to my pre-holiday (or as I call it to myself - my prefudge) weight yet. I am not thinking of giving up, just wish I could get all of the motivation back. And keep it! I have it for short spurts. Sigh . . .

BPB - sounds like a good weekend. I'm sure your mom loved it.

Lyssa - doesn't sound like you did too bad on the pizza. ~ Yeah for the thinner face comment! Doesn't that make you feel good? ~ That munchie snack sounded good. I really try not to have anything like that in the house, because I have trouble stopping. So popcorn is usually my salty snack. Willpower has not been strong here - so I can't rely on it.

Elisa - I've been deleting all of the flylady stuff I am not ready for and just doing my baby steps.

Liz - hope the job thing works out the way you want it! Too bad about the man interviewer - sounds like the woman is a much more supportive person. ~ I have noticed the pms effect in my journal also.

Jul - have a good trip! We are always combining business trips with pleasure trips.

Lauren - I'm just doing the basics on the flybaby routine also. My morning routine is not so bad, I really need to develop a better evening one. And I want to get myself organized and stay that way!

Speaking of which, my office - which I'm in the middle of organizing (and a lot of purging!) is calling me - so I gotta run!

Rabbit
Closed Thread