3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   30-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings-57/)
-   -   Hi ... (re) intro (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings/138185-hi-re-intro.html)

momof4girls 03-27-2008 08:09 AM

Hi ... (re) intro

I have not really posted here for awhile and I am pretty sure that I have never posted in the 30something forum, at least I dont remember anyway. That said let me introduce myself.

My name is Angie and I am a stay at home mom to 4 daughters aged 13, 7, and twins who are 4. I have been struggling with weight issues since I was a teenager. I have done so many diets, and pills, and to be honest I am so sick of dieting. I have been back and forth from weight watchers about 7 times. This past fall I started really thinking about my life and my eating habits. I knew I needed to lose weight because I was only getting bigger and bigger, none of my clothes fit and I was depressed. I couldn't even have a conversation with someone because in the back of my mind I kept thinking "they are thinking I am fat" It started taking over my life. Anyway, like I said I knew I needed to lose weight but having failed at weight watchers and many other diets I just couldn't set myself up for that again. Instead I decided to just cut portions and try to make healthier choices. I also joined the gym and have been working really hard.

I started at 230 and my last weigh in (on March 1) was 198. I only weigh myself once a month. I dont want to be a slave to numbers. I want this to be about getting healthly. I went from a size 22 and am currently in a size 16 and some 18's. I have a LONG way to go, but I am feeling better about myself and I really love the fact that I am not counting points or calories...Im just eating healthy. I always found I would become obsessed with points and I hated that.

ANywayt...sorry for rambling. I look forward to getting to know you. :)

Fall 2007

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...77/before2.jpg

March 2008

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...ringmarch8.jpg

sheywood4 03-27-2008 08:22 AM

Hello Angie! :welcome: Welcome back and Welcome to 30 Somethings! I have 4 girls as well 11,8 and twins that are 6!! Looking forward to getting to know you! Hey, and you are doing GREAT! Keep up the good work!! :bravo:
Stephanie

momof4girls 03-27-2008 08:38 AM

Wow, that is awesome. It sounds like we have a lot in common!

fightingtolose 03-27-2008 09:13 AM

Angie,

Welcome back. You are doing awesome. Doesn't it seem like it is just easier when you pay attention to the food and not the points. You can still have the things you like, you just have to do it in moderation. I find it to be that way with me. I don't have to look at the things I love as the foods I can't have, I just look at them as the foods I only have a little bit of. I have 2 kids and sometimes what they are snacking looks so good or I want a snack. I just have a little instead of alot. Hope to see you around alot.

Dawn

momof4girls 03-27-2008 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fightingtolose (Post 2119485)
Angie,

Welcome back. You are doing awesome. Doesn't it seem like it is just easier when you pay attention to the food and not the points. You can still have the things you like, you just have to do it in moderation. I find it to be that way with me. I don't have to look at the things I love as the foods I can't have, I just look at them as the foods I only have a little bit of. I have 2 kids and sometimes what they are snacking looks so good or I want a snack. I just have a little instead of alot. Hope to see you around alot.

Dawn

It feels freeing for me. To know that I can have anything I want, just not all the time. I just like the not counting. It has given me a huge freedom and has made this so much easier. I am not obsessed with it, where before I was.

LBH 03-27-2008 04:49 PM

Angie, :welcome2: back! Are Erin & Abby identical twins! They sure look it! You look fabulous! Congrats on your success!

momof4girls 03-27-2008 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LBH (Post 2120360)
Angie, :welcome2: back! Are Erin & Abby identical twins! They sure look it! You look fabulous! Congrats on your success!

Thank you.:) Actually they are fraternal. Two different blood types, and to me they dont look alike. It's funny because I get some people who say they look a LOT a like...and then others that don't think they look alike at all. I think they look like they are sisters but thats about it.

motomom2 03-27-2008 08:12 PM

You have beautiful children with a beautiful, inspirational Mommy!! The difference in your two photos is awesome!! I am so proud for and of you for finding a way that works so well for you!!

IrishJoan 03-27-2008 08:31 PM

Angie ~ good for you. Keep up the good work and just take it one day at a time. I started doing the same thing last summer and did great all thru out the summer. Didn't really cut out anything, just took smaller portions and did some sort of exercise each day. I dropped 21 lbs but since then 4 or 5 lbs. have sneaked up on me. I've kept up with the exercise but I've not been as consistent with the food. Reading your story has inspired me to try again. Thank you and good luck!! Joan

lois lane 03-28-2008 07:13 PM

Welcome back!

I know what you mean about being obsessed about the points and all. I lost about 35 lbs, 4 years ago, and did it kind of how you have been. Kind of my own plan of just eating less and exercising. Of course, I moved and gained the weight back. Good luck, hope to see you on the daily chat. Btw, mom to four girls? Wow!

Alicia

Sharry 04-07-2008 05:30 AM

Welcome back...
and WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW great start from 230 to 198 is a big thing..
As long as you are comfortable with your way, and your feeling a difference then its a correct way.
Good luck with your weight lose..