Old 03-17-2008, 09:08 AM   #1  

Height: 5'6

Default 30 Something Chat..Happy St. Pat's Day!!

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY EVERYONE!!

What, is everyone drunk from partying??? Where is everybody??

Today I have Cadence's Easter program at school, then she's off the rest of the week. Frankie has is off Wed-Fri. Gotta run & get Cady into her dress/shoes, and do her hair. I will check in this afternoon.

Hope everyone had a super weekend, and a wonderful day today!!

Later!
P
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 10:03 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 150/150/135

Height: 5'6"

Good morning! I checked in an hour ago and no one was here, so I thought I would check now. We are off to a MOMS club meeting. We had snow here overnight...

Hi Pam - How was Cadence's program?

Tai is crabby, so I have to go!
Delta Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 10:54 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 177/155/145

Height: 5'8"

good morning all! happy st. patty's day!!! pam, i woke up and logged in and no one was logged in yet either. thought about starting the chat thread, but thought someone might be in the process of it already. DD, when you say MOMS meeting, is that mother of multiples?
I woke up feeling kind of sluggish this morning. Not sure why, I was asleep by 10 last night and woke up this morning at 7:30. I treated myself to a couple cups of coffee after I ate my oatmeal tho! I had to stop drinking coffee a while back to correct my eating habits. Shortly after I had my twins, I got into a habit of replacing breakfast and usually lunch too with drinking coffee. I believe that was a big culprit in my weight gain!
Pam, I have 4 girls, 11, 8, and the twins are 6.
Lauren, a poke cake is just a cake that after you bake it, you poke holes all over the top of it with a fork and pour dissolved jello over the top, refrigerate it and top with whipped topping usually, but it can be anything. I made a white cake mix, with lime jello (for st. paddy's day) and topped with light cool whip. It is much better than it may sound! if you go to allrecipes.com and do a search for poke cake, you can see several variations for the cake.
Well, I guess I am off to try to entertain children. We are expecting a lot of rain later today and tomorrow, so gotta find lots of stuff to keep restless kids busy! (any ideas? ) Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Steph
sheywood4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 12:05 PM   #4  

Steph, do yo have any Uno cards? That's always a winner in our house! Or maybe rent a good movie & make some popcorn?? Have fun whatever you do!!
Old 03-17-2008, 12:07 PM   #5  

Sorry, Dawn...meant to resp. to you b4 I posted... the program was so cute. Cadence sang so loudly and danced, I video'd it for dad to see. Now I need to vacuum a bit, then we'll play some games or Barbies or something. Tomorrow we're going to have her friend over for the morning, so I'm gonna rent Enchanted in the morning so they can watch it...I heard it was very cute. BTW...how did you come up with such a cool name for your son??
Old 03-17-2008, 12:43 PM   #6  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Afternoon Ladies!

Pam, sounds like a nice program! You are lucky, DS has never had a school program which I think stinks!

Dawn, how was the moms club. I guess you decided to join!

Stephanie, any word from your brother visiting you guys?

Not alot going on here. My Aunt is coming on WED, Im kinda nervous cause I haven't had any family visit me at my house since 98 or 99. I know she'll report back to my grandma too. So I'm trying to clean up and all. I was hoping I would have the kitchen done before she came (wallpaper scraped, painted, etc, etc) Not gonna happen though, lol.

Guess I better go and get in my workout before I have to pick up DS.

Hope all are having a great day, check back later!

Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 12:54 PM   #7  

We are back from the meeting - we met a lot of nice moms, so I decided to join. They have at least one thing going a week, so it will be good for us to get out and see people our own age!!
Pam - Tai is named after myu husband's best friend - he was a refuge from Vietnam/Cambodia when we were in jr. high and ended up in our hometown with a foster home.
Stephanie - MOMS club is a group for stay at home moms...after the crazy morning with DS, I can't imagine having multiples!
Alicia - I hope that you get everything cleaned up that you want to. We have some family coming to our house for the first time next month and we have been trying to get projects done before that also.
Old 03-17-2008, 01:56 PM   #8  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All!

Sorry I didn't get to post the totals last night, will do it when I get home tonight!

Joan, Thanks girl! It's today...I didn't even get poor DH a card. I will get him one on the way home.

MO, where are you selling the used DVDs?

Just a quickie, I'm at work and busy.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 01:56 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

hello everyone!

Joan thank you for the suggestion on the therapy I am goin gto look it up.

Dawn I love your son's name! it is wonderful to have a group of moms w/kids the same age as yours, enjoy the group.

Pam you are always so full of energy!

Alicia I hear you! when ever we have company staying it is a major clean up! don't hurt yourself

Steph do your girls like to bake? that is something I remember ejoying a lot growing up.

Well today is the first day of no school. I have the neighbor kids over, they are making a huge mess, but oh well! as long as they are not fitting I don't care! I have to run a couple of errands in a little while, one of the sweaters I just finished turned out a little to big for me, I sent a picture of it to my aunt (in Michigan) and she asked if she could have it, so I am mailing it off to her.

I will see you guys later!
Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 01:56 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

Laruen we were posting at the same time!

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 03:22 PM   #11  
Kalamazoo Girl

S/C/G: 152.6/135.0/125.0

Height: 5'4"

Happy Green Beer Day All!

Nothing much today...been busy as heck here @ work!!!!! Totally excited about going to the gym tonight. Wow....isn't that refreshing!

Lauren: There is a place here called CD Warehouse. They sell/buy/trade dvds, vhs movies, cds and soon...vinyl! It's a nice little store over near the WMU campus. They also sell new cds too-but they are very picky about the stuff they take back. Has to be scratch free and in decent condition. Pretty awesome place, actually!

Ok, have to finish my lunch. Yeah, I know...lunch @ 3:30 ish...

Hugs, MO

Last edited by mjoste; 03-17-2008 at 03:26 PM.
mjoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 04:56 PM   #12  

Hanna - how long did it take you to knit a sweater? It would probably take me forever - especially with 3 cats who like string and a toddler!

Hi Mo! Enjoy your late lunch.

Lauren - hope that your temp job is still going well. Do you like it?
Old 03-17-2008, 08:22 PM   #13  
LBH

Better late than never...

Old 03-17-2008, 08:23 PM   #14  
LBH

Dawn, YES, I love my job! It's very busy, which makes me happy. Don't like the 9-6 hours, but at least it goes fairly fast, since I'm busy. I'll be talking to the person who decides my fate tomorrow sometime. Hopefully it's to offer me the job permanently.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:46 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

hey all..nothing exciting to report. Work was non-eventful (for a change)...hope everyone is having a good st. patty's day
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote