Old 03-11-2008, 05:55 AM   #1  
Kalamazoo Girl

S/C/G: 152.6/135.0/125.0

Height: 5'4"

Default 30 Somethings Daily Chat-Tuesday 3/11/08

MORNING ALL YOU DELECTABLE GOOEY DELIGHTS!!!

Sorry I didn't stop through yesterday....busy as heck. The other girl in the office got that other job. Soooooo.....o.t. upcoming for me! But, that means 2 weeks of listening to her (which she started yesterday) say: "I just can't stop cleaning out my desk." Um....try doing your job jackwad....they're still paying you to do that HERE! LOL I told her "give one week and get out of here so I can get overtime." Yeah, I really did say that!

Anyway, I'm sorry I don't have individual replies today. Running late and today is the big peeps day. Luckily I only have about 100 coming in vs. 150ish like last week.

Ate horrid again yesterday! 8-( I had nothing but snacks all day and then 2 slices of pizza from Fazzoli's. I almost bought an entire pizza.....so I am happy I stopped @ just the 2.

My mouth is still full of canker sores....but I'm super jazzed...found ONE prescription strength anti-inflammatory pill left from when I recently fractured my ribs! I'm taking that today in the hopes it helps.

Ok babycakes....I'm off.

HAVE A SUCCESSFUL WEIGHT LOSS DAY!!!

Hugs, MO
mjoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 08:12 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

yeah...mo's wonderful food greetings...Sorry to hear about the other coworker mo...but from what i remember...its probably better you being by yourself. Hang in there...hey does ot = extra $$$$ that would be helpful for you. As for the canker sores...start taking L-Lysine. Its a supplement you can find at walmart/whole foods etc. L-lysine speeds the healing of canker soars. I get sores on my lip occasionally and it helps. Hang in there Mo.

As for me....well this darn time change is killing me. I can't get up when there isn't any sun. my body keeps telling me to stay in bed. I'm running sooooo late this am...shouldn't be on the puter...but had to say hi. Off i go...bye all
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 08:28 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 177/155/145

Height: 5'8"

Good morning ladies!
I totally agree with you Gator, this time change has thrown me way off too! I am struggling in the mornings, who wants to get up in complete darkness??

Anyhoo, didn't get any workin out in yesterday, instead I cleaned for 7 hours straight, no joke! Sad thing is, I haven't done any cleaning upstairs yet. I am going to get 30 min @ 5 mph on the treadmill this morning, and do some work on the bowflex before I start cleaning today. My brother and his family are coming in this weekend and my house needs lots of attention!
I haven't gotten on the scale since last monday, I'm afraid to look! Sunday we decided to do a shrimp boil and drink beer... Bet that did wonders for my body!
Mo, won't be long and you'll be reaping the rewards of your co-workers absence! And L-Lysine or Super Lysine will both work wonders in speeding up the healing process. I have only found Super Lysine at whole food stores, vitamin stores, but like Gator said, you can get l-lysine practically anywhere.

Well... gotta get the little ones off too school. Hope everyone has a blessed day!!
Stephanie
sheywood4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 08:55 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 237/212.6/140

Sorry I haven't been on the past few days I have just been trying to deal with everything. Yesterday, we in for the appointment to confirm the bone marrow biopsy. Well we get in there and the nurses aide is like well on 3/5 you platelets were at 315,000 and today they are at 330,000. We awere like how could they be 315,000 the first day. That was the day they rushed me in because they said I had 15,000. Needless to say they got the doctor in quickly. It does not look like I have anything and that the tests was just messed up. I was pretty upset about all of the stress of thinking I was going to be dealing with an autoimmune disease. I am glad that I am not. I do have to do another blood draw on Thursday to make sure. Now the biggest thing is coming off the steriods. He has me coming off of them in about 5 days. He says I should feel pretty awful. Wonderful!!! I guess all I can say is live well and let live and chalk it up to another experience. SO I am headed back to work today, howpfully the kiddos will have a good day since I still feely yucky with the steriods. I am also didn't get any sleep last night because DS was coughing the whole time. I am on a sleep pill while I am the steriods so I felt like I was drunk and trying to take care of a child. A really strange feeling.

Thanks for listening!!

Jasmine
tanner'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 10:01 AM   #5  

good morning...

wow mo!....you're here early!...im so happy to see you...i hope your mouth gets better soon...im sure it hurts like he$$....my eating yesterday wasnt great either...2 cookies..the big ones from the deli..and a brownie...it was someones bday at work..i couldnt resist!

gg: i agree..this time change was a hard one for me...i cant wake up inthe morning

stephanie: i think cleaning for 7 hours straight is a workout!

jasmine: i am so sorry...how scary..i hope coming off the steriods isnt too terrible...is there anything you can do to make it easier?...hang in there

well..i have to go get ready...i have afuneral to go to this morning at 11...dominics family counselor which i love...him and dominic are really close..probably to close to have as a counselor at this piont...his daughter died...she was only 30...i knew a little about her but im not sure what happened...they wont let dominic go..which sucks...but dominic asked if i would go so im going to go...im going to work and then leaving and then coming back...i have a meeting at 230.i should be fine with the time i hope...

have a great day all..i will try to check back in...
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 10:01 AM   #6  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Mornin' Chick-a-dees!

GG, have a good day at work.

Mo, good news! That's great! I'm sure you wont miss her either.

Stephanie, I have company coming next week too, but not till WED. I don't know if I should start major cleaning now, or wait till next week. Where is your brother visiting from?

Jasmine, good news! What a relief! Dumb whoever messed the tests up though. Fingers crossed the Thursday tests turn out good!

Ladies, I hear you on the time change. My body also doesn't want to get up when the sun isn't even up yet.

I'm going for a job interview on Thurs, so I have to get some stuff done for that. I need to find something to wear and write up references and all.

Haven't worked out yet, I'll do that after I get off of here.

Hope everyone has a great on plan day today. Talk later.
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 10:06 AM   #7  
Alicia

Christina, hey, we were posting at the same time. It's nice you can go for Dominic, stinks they won't let him go. I imagine those relationships are hard (counselors), how do you not become close? Have a good day, hope it all works out.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:20 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 150/150/135

Good morning! DS slept until 7:15, so I did too! I didn't make it back here yesterday as DH came home early from work and we went out with DS to spend time together.

Alicia - you asked about our clearance finds...we bought one of those big clocks, some artwork, candleholders...we are still trying to get things to look like we live here! Still trying to find drapes - it sounds like you found some!
Joan - you asked about moms club - it went really well. DS loved playing with the other kids and the moms were very friendly. We have a meeting to attend next week before I make a decision to join.
Mo - hope the eyes go well - I had Lasik done about 4 years ago and am so glad that I did. No more messing with contacts!
GG - hope you have a good day at work...
Jasmine - glad to hear that you are ok, but sorry to hear that you had through the last week or so to find that out.
Stephanie - you are a cleaning machine! I bet you got quite a workout yesterday.
Christina - sorry to hear about the funeral.

Have a great day. Hi to everyone else! Need to go play with DS and try to get some cardio in before lunch & naptime!
Delta Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 11:08 AM   #9  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Hey everyone

just stoppin really quick to say hello! Cancer sores in the mouth Mo!!

I better get off of here I will check back later
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 11:24 AM   #10  

Height: 5'6

hey all..

busy, busy. just like everyone else Hope everyone has a great day...sending up a prayer for our Joanie & her Lasik...will try to check back later, gotta go get Cadence soon.

Have a wonderful afternoon all!!

Pam
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 11:27 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 177/155/145

Height: 5'8"

Alicia, my brother lives in Manhattan kansas. He is so anxious to come down to visit to play golf since he has hardly gotten any golf time in this winter with the weather up there and it looks like we might have one day of decent golf weather while they are here!
Jasmine, I am pretty new around here, do you mind me asking what the bone marrow tests are being run for? I am glad there was a mixup in the test and that it isn't as "bad" as they first thought, but I can understand the stress it must have put you under!
Off to start cleaning! Check in with yall later!
Steph
sheywood4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 11:54 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

Good morning!

MO canker soars are very painful I hope the go away, what did you put in your mouth to cause them??? OK don't! don't really need to know, LOL I hope you do get over time!

Sheila and Pam!

Jasmine what a horrible un neceasry scare, I am glad you don't have auto immune challenges. I wouldn't trust the same lab for further testing thought!

GG I am sorry about your foot not being OK yet, it does take a while for fee to recover from any pain as they Carry us around all day! I wish you a groovy day!

Alicia I missed something, what kind of job are you applying for? good luck, as for the references you can just put down "read the 3fatchicks" 30 something! We'll tell them to give you the job! and to pay you double!

Christina good luck to day, 30 years old is to young, I am sorry. How is the baby doing in ICU?

Steph yeah! that would be a workout, complete workout to clean for 7 hours

Well I had a good morning yesterday, I went to pick Thor (the other dude) up at my friends house and I was looking at my watch and I realize it was 2:43 PM so I rushed home thinking Sean will be getting home any minute, NOT! the school called me and I didn't hear the phone ring, they called at 2 they couldn't put him in the van on the way back home, he was to disruptive, so I had to drive down to San Diego, by the time I got there it was already 3:45, he had been very difficult for the teacher since 1:45, I thought I was just picking him up, turning around and coming back home, what a thought right? NOT!!! He was very aggressive, it was horrible, I couldn't get back in the car until 5 so we got home closer to 6, he didn't stop being disrespectful and loud till about 7 just a little before DH came home, needless to say I was a mess. He went to bed and I was finally able to relax. Today is a new day!!! I am going to get ready to go get my facial and massage, I told DH I will not answer my phone today if the school calls, and I will call them and tell them they most call him!!!

thank you for letting me vent!!!

Hanna

Dawn nice you were able to spend time w/DH!
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 12:23 PM   #13  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Hanna, Sorry you had a rough day, hope today is better and you get to enjoy that facial and massage!

Joan, Hope everything is going well for you today!! Can't wait to hear the update!!

Alicia, what kind of job are you interviewing for?

Christina, Sorry to hear about the counselor's DD. Nice of you to go pay your respects on behalf of Dominic.

Jasmine, ARGH!! I would be furious!! But it sounds like a machinery malfunction, so I guess there's no one you can really yell at, huh? At any rate, I'm glad you're OK!

Steph, I'd say 7 hrs. hours of cleaning is a workout itself!!

Mo, I'm sure the pizza didn't make the canker sores feel any better, huh? Stay off the acidy stuff for a few days!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 12:38 PM   #14  

alicia: i know...you tell people everything..but i tell you what...they are really close...when you talk to parents of the other kids who have him as a counselor...you can tell...he really has an interest in dominic..its really good for him to have such a positive role model..he brings dominic books to read and all kinds of educational stuff that in the past or from anyone else dominic wouldnt even bother..i know it sucks they wont let him go...

hanna: the baby went home last night or late in the afternoon yesterday...im happy for her...we have a nurse visiting them for at least a week at least one time per day..more if needed...we will support mom and family until they are comfortable

30 is too young..im actually not really sure as to what even happened..i didnt want to ask..i do want to know though..im a little nosey ; }...well all gotta get ready to go...im finishing up somehting here at work (cant you tell)..talk to you all later
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 01:24 PM   #15  
Alicia

Hanna, lol at your comment to MO. Enjoy your day at the spa!

Dawn, I like those big clocks, could never see spending the money on one. Good thing you found it on sale!

Christina, funny about Dominic and the counselor. I could so see one of my kids doing that. I'll tell them stuff and it just blah, blah, blah, till someone else says it.

Hey Lauren, Pam, Shiela, hey ladies!

Well the job is just like what I was doing before. Helping the elderly in their home. Only problem, its not real secure. It's the only place I've heard anything back from though. I have to have 9 references in all and so I'm racking my brain.

Well, I did get in my workout. I'm gonna go and get the chicken so I can finish my chicken and dumplins I started yesterday.

Talk later