Old 03-06-2008, 07:46 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 150/150/135

Height: 5'6"

Default 30 Somethings Chat: Thurs., March 6

Hi guys!

I missed you yesterday! We had a virus that affected Internet Explorer yesterday, so i couldn't get on until DH fixed it last night.

I did get a workout in yesterday -then ate 3 cookies that were supposed to be for our small group that ended up getting canceled. I also ate licorice with DS on the way home from the store. I am hoping to do better today - and send the cookies to work with DH.

Have a great day - I will check back later.
Delta Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 08:27 AM   #2  

Height: 5'6

Hey girls...just a quick fly by...

cadence is in the tub, and we have to leave for school in 20 mins, so gotta get movin. Promise to check in later, just wanted to wish everyone a wonder ful Thursday. Sun is shining, but expected to rain tonight again (ugh)

Later!!

pam
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 08:29 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Mornin' All ~ quickie here from me as well. Gotta get the two oldest to school and then the little one and me are off to visit my folks for the day. Hope that everyone has an excellent Thursday ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 08:31 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 177/155/145

Height: 5'8"

Good morning We are expecting a bit of "wintery mix" this evening, wish the weather would make up its mind! I think I am going to take the day off from the treadmill... give my legs a rest! I shouldn't tho, snuck in a small bowl of ice cream last night I hope everyone has a great day!!
sheywood4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 08:34 AM   #5  
Julia

S/C/G: 206/162/150

Height: 5'1"

*Dawn - We had a virus issue a few weeks ago. I realized then that we had not reinstalled our virus program. We use a free program that you can google "anti vir" and it is great. We've used it for years! Have a great day!
*Pam - Enjoy the sun! More is on it's way soon :-)

I am feeling so much better today! Not so tired and just a bit of coughing left. I've been sleeping in until the last minute lately. Usually I am up at 6 but DH is substituting at the middle school so he is taking our middle DD with him in the mornings and oldest DD is still sick. So, I've been able to sleep until 7:45 for the last several mornings! That has been a treat!

I did make it to the gym last night and did 15 mins on the treadmill this time and a little strength training. I'm trying to get back into it slowly until I am all the way better. But, I can't stand doing nothing!

I hope everyone has a great day!
beachmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 08:56 AM   #6  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Good Morning ladies!!

Well I have to say I am impressed, you wonder why??? WEll so many of you have just stopped in for a "Quickie". What is up with that girlies.

Actually yesterday i was down again I really think it is my allergies. Driving me nuts!! It gets hot here then snows and hot then snows. The wind is throwing crap around in the air so I am going to insist on going to the allergist.

Anyhow got letters yesterday from DS and wow the military school is really changing him. DS has always known I have been here for him but he sent DH a letter that melted my heart. Basically telling DD that I tried and tried to get close with you but you wouldn't have anything to do with me. DH took that letter to work so he could write DS a letter. But that crazy girlfriend of DS she said we threatened her. I was like NO we told you to send productive letters to chris and If chris can't call his family then we will stop the phone calls but it just so happened that they stopped them due to DS always winning about missing DGF. Anyway her folks are about as wierd and wierd gets. She is dating our son and because he is a "guard" at the boys school his number should be unlisted. ANyway I had always tried being a friend to DS nope don't work have to be a mom first. Friend later. Just sick of the crap.

As far as what poison control told me to do , take a cool bath? Ya going to do that one after slappin the pb on...............NOT!!

Have a great day everyone

sheila
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 09:47 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 205/168/150

Height: 5'4"

Morning ladies! I am feeling horrible today - I have a girlfriend at work that its her last week here so I took her out to lunch yesterday (her choice) well of course she picks somewhere crappy so i have to eat crap ONCE isnt' so bad but then I worked 10 hours and had volunteer stuff with my son to do until 8:30pm and then we had time for dinner so it was fast food to the rescue - all that grease and salt! I am suffering today!

Sorry to vent !

Sheila - Wish i knew more background with your son, is he in the military or just going to a military school? Hope your allergies are better today!

Dawn - I use AVG its a free anti virus also,, plus i use spybot (free) and Ad-Aware (also free) I am kinda a computer nut and at one point I had 4 computers online at home so I needed something reasonably priced!

Good morning good morning to everyone else!!!!
Goldm00n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 10:10 AM   #8  

Height: 5'6

Okay, back for a quick sec again...

Dawn, hope you have a great day with your baby boy!!

Joan, enjoy the visit with your parents!!

Shey..welcome!!! You'll love it here!!

Beach, so glad you're feeling better! good idea to ese back in to it.

Sheila, it's so nice that you got a wonderful letter from your son. I hope things are getting better for him. I can't imagine, and only hope my son (almost 9) will not give me any trouble...you never know, eh?

Gold, it's hard to plan ahead sometimes, huh? And then when your body's so used to eating good food & you eat crap, it really affects it. Get back on the wagon, sister...it's only one day!!

Alicia...I'll PM you with the story when I get a chance, unless someone else has.

Alright, girls...gotta get my basement put back together and cleaned up. My friend is gonna take the stage on Saturday (we just don't have room for it) so we can get things back to normal down there. Cadence said "I think I'm done with the karoake, mom. It was a lot of fun." That was so cool, and I'm glad cause it's going anyway, whether she wanted it to or not, lol!!

Tlak later girls!!

Pam
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 10:11 AM   #9  
sheila

goldmoon: He quit school he is 17 Jr. High school so there were consequences. We made him got to a military school. He wasn't into drugs or alcohol at all but he was very very disrespectful.
Old 03-06-2008, 10:26 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 174/160/140

Height: 5' 2"

So... I called my chiropracter yesterday to let him know how crappy I was feeling after the deep tissue massage and he asked me something that threw me off guard. He asked" how are the sinuses today?"
I have suffered from sinus problems since I was 3. I have a very prro sense of smell and the left side of my head hurts ALL the time. Its so bad sometimes that it affects my vision and my left eye will weep constantly.So when he asked me, I hadn't really thought about it, but yeah... I was breathing really well. Same today, although, my eye is weeping.
Weird. Never occurred to me that a massage could clear my sinuses.

Still slammin the water. walked 1 3/4 miles on the mill last night.

Sheila, sorry about your son having to be so cut off from every one to finally realize how much you care about him. When my daughter was 15 she told me she was a lesbian. Now she's married with a baby. Go figger. Girls are crazy when they are going through puberty. I think that lasts until we're about 30.

Well every one, I gotta go to work. No bread today! I'm gonna gert out of Stuckagain in the next 5 days.

Laters
dangergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 10:38 AM   #11  

Sheila thats awesome! Well not awesome that your son was disrespectful but awesome that you did something about it! So many parents out there don't then they wonder why their kids are the way they are. My son is 14 and if he started acting up like that you can bet my X (he is a cop) and I would be climbing all over each other to get him into a school like that. I know its hard on you and I'm sure on him too but well worth it in the end he will be learning so much stuff!
Old 03-06-2008, 11:10 AM   #12  

Hi everybody, thought I would join in on your daily chat since they seem so friendly! I am busy working today, we seem to be overloaded with work right now. Always something to do! I'll probably hit the gym later on or at least I plan too. My brother took my car as he is checking my brakes so I can get it inspected so we'll see what time he gets done with my car.

Shey - We are expecting that wintery mix tomorrow and then snow to follow on Saturday. I wish we would get one good snow fall that goes the entire weekend, we haven't had one of those in a long time!

Well I need to run and check some emails for work, hope to make it back later to get to know everybody!

Lynn
LAMBSN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 12:19 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

hello everyone!

Sheila how nice to receive a nice letter, you deserved, it was a matter of time before he realize you are not his enemy, and you do wish the best for him! I think you are a great mom!

Dawn I don't like it when I have any computer problems I also use AVG I like it a lot! I just downloaded the newest version. Try the free version it is very good!

Pam have a great day today!

Joan enjoy the visit w/parents!

Danger isn't it funny how our hole body is connected. DH just got new prescription for his glasses about 6 weeks ago, then he had dental work done after he was so sick with the horrible flu that is going around and he just had to go back to the eye Dr. amazing, his prescription changed drastically in 6 weeks! I do remember his prescription changing before after having dental work done.

Gold have a good day at work today! I think kids are a lot different this days if we compare when we were growing up. WAY DIFFERENT!

Lynn welcome to the group, this is a wonderful place!

I feel like I was hit by a truck today, my body really hurts, I think is the fibromyalgia. Sean has been extremely manic, I wish I there would be military school for 8 yrs old, I am not kidding! But then again I don't know that it would be a bit of difference. Yesterday I knew DH was going to be working late and I was going to be eating dinner either very late if I waited for him to come home or I could fix something, well I decided to fix a nice dinner and reheat it for him when he got home, oh my G-d I cooked a recipe I used last summer when I had people over for dinner, it was sooo good!!! chicken with tomatillo sauce and braised fruit from epicurious.com.com
Today I have a busy day, I wish I could just stay in bed, so I am going to do just the minimum I can, I do have to go and pick Sean up from school, we are going to therapy in San Diego, he has not been to see her in a long time (six or 8 weeks).
I have to share something w/you guys, I am seriously thinking I want to do something fun and rewarding w/my time and I think I found the "it" I am going to go to dog grooming school. One of the best places in the country to go to school for it is here in the same town I live, it is 4 minutes away from my house, I have been going there for many years to take the little dudes to get groomed, I talked to DH briefly yesterday about it, we have to figure out the schedule for Sean when I start school as it is 5 days a week Tuesday-Saturday. I am very excited about it!
I have to go get a cup of coffee, I will see you guys in a little while!

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 12:27 PM   #14  

Hanna - My best friend has fibromyalgia I feel for you, I think its a great idea to go to school for dog grooming! That does sound like fun!

Lynn - WELCOME!
Old 03-06-2008, 12:35 PM   #15  
sheila

Hannah: Good for you! Following your dreams isn't that what life is all about? As far as the military school goes 8 is easy I know it doesn't seem like it but I would do 8 again anytime over 17. Chris was not an easy child he was hiper and would throw fits from ****. Now finally he is simmering down. Now if we could just ditch the girlie friend. In due time I am sure.