Old 02-28-2008, 01:51 PM   #16  

sheila: i do have one question you might know the answer to....im thinking you have GATE out that way...if not...it stands for gifted and talented education...pretty much out here they test all students in 4th grade...on the high scoring kids they look at them to see if they fall into some number..not sure what it is but everyone higher than that number is put in this program...its for the kids to get harder classes...more outside eduction if they choose (dominic did not) and to get into all college prep classes in highschool..now at the program he is at they consider IEP for all kids needing special education..and the way they put it to me was special education to them is for the kids who need more one on one or more focus in one area or things like that....BUT....someone outside of the program things that special education should also be considered in dominics case because the average work is too easy for him (which it is and they have developed a different cirriculm for him)...so would you agree that even though it is a different situation than what the program is thinkig that since they did a different cirriculm for him it would fall into special education needing an IEP?
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 01:51 PM   #17  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Lisa Hey how are you?
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 02:01 PM   #18  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Christina

Unfortunatly yes he would fall into IEP. If the work is seriously too easy for him and they are modifying his work he will more than likely be put into IEP that way he does have more one on one and they can challenge him, this way he does not get bored in school.

Do you attend these IEP meetings yourself? We have something here called uplift I know you have something there but I never step into an IEP meeting with out them at all. The reason being I had no idea the crap they were trying to pull over my eyes. It was amazing the lies I was being told from the school just to cover stuff up. It wasn't until we walked in with 3 civil rights attorney's that they figured they better quit jerking us around.

My suggestion to you is if you are really questioning what is going on look for the group called uplift you should be able to find it if you can't I will call my lady here in lander and find out from her what yours is. It may even be under a different name. They work for your son needs not the schools and yes it is free. Watch them closely and learn all you can about IEP, it is an excellent program but when they say they are going to follow the IEP make sure they are. IEP parents are "more special" than the other parents. Although they won't say it out loud they know that if they don't follow everything to a T you can sue for civil rights and usually win. Not saying you would do that, we had enough and didn't but I am very focused in making sure they follow the direction which they helped create. I hope that helps.
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 04:01 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

hello everyone!

Christina I have a wonderful advocate in CA. if you want his information I will be happy to pass it along, he really is fantastic. DH and I thought we could do it w/out him but just like Sheila said the school tried to pull all kinds of crap, excuse my language! and as soon as he came on board all that stopped. Amazing! Little Mario is so cute!

GG sorry you got hurt :sad:

Dawn I feel so bad for your little one, it is so hard on them when they are teething, have you tried any of the homeopathic medicine, they have some little tablets at the health food store, they worked really good for Sean.

Danger 25 years drives license you better get a good picture! Great work out!
how old is your grandson? oh and also I LOVE quilts, what are you making (which pattern) I love making Irish chains and Log cabins, they are the easiest!

Heather what a pain in the butt for the owners, it is a big expense! You are right! you are lucky you are not the owner!

Hi Alicia, I am sorry about the troubles w/DD, I agree w/Sheila you need to be strong!

Pam do you take pictures of the cakes? good luck w/the carpets~

Lisa that is totally wacky! engaged to your DH? go figure!

Joan soup does sound good!

Well the Bunco party was great, we didn't start playing till 7:15 PM we had a great time, we just upped the amount from $5 to $10 and of course I didn't win anything, I invited one of my neighbors she is the "new kid on the block" and she never played before, she won $40!!! I bought a lot of wine, I don't drink so I didn't know what to buy, DH said don't spend more than $12 a bottle so I just went by the price and apparently I did good! they went through 8.5 bottles of it! I say they did cause I didn't even try it. I did buy a bottle that was $10 and everyone loved it, I would've bought more but they only had one, and the only reason I got it was cause I like the label it was called red truck and it was a red wine. The gals brought the food and it was great!
Today I am feeling a little under the weather I feel like I am coming down w/the flu DH had and last night we had to get up around 2 AM little Coco had an accident on the bed so I had to get up and change all the bedding, it had never happen before, I hat to take the comforter to the cleaners, I told DH I feel more like just getting a new one and he said that was OK, I was very surprised cause we bought this last one a couple of months ago. Well I am going to drop one off at the cleaners and go get a new one, even though I don't feel like doing much today, I don't have a lot of energy.
I got to get going!
See you guys later

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 04:41 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 174/160/140

Height: 5' 2"

Hi Hannah, I make my own patterns most of the time. I will try to get some pics of ones I still have, But for this baby that just arrived I am making a baby rail fence as I don't have much time.
I like to do applique and peice work. I made a sampler that was a cabin with the door open and lihght spillong from the window and door. I am making another for a Dr here who is getting married in a few weeks.
I made a quilt for mu husband that I call the work in progress as it is still un finished, but as I was making it I just hept finding fabric I liked and adding it on in rows. Mostly windmill patterns. I'm silly like that.
dangergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 04:42 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 230/230/160

Height: 5'8"

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to post a quick hello and express my gratitude for this great group. I don't know many of you yet, but you are funny and warm and encouraging. I'm going out of town for a few days, so I just wanted to drop in and say hello. I did my cardio dvd again today, and it was easier, but I am still really sore. But that's a good thing, right?
Have to make this fast. Pam-I hope your party is a great success. Too bad we can't control the weather! Gator-I hope you are on the mend soon! Hope you all have a great weekend!
-Jen
Chicago Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 05:12 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 164.4/158.2/140.0

Height: 5'6 3/4

Good Evening Everyone

Was up all night with Lil Sis, she was sporting a fever of 102.6 to 103.1. Couldn't get her to eat or drink therefore I couldn't get any Tylenol down her so I put ice bags under her to try to cool her off, and she wanted me right there beside her so I had to sleep on the floor, UCK! I feel pretty bad today, kinda like getting run over by a truck. I took a short nap this morning after the other kids got off to school then I got up and did an hour and a half of running and strength training. Didn't really improve how I felt nor my sunny disposition like I hoped that it would. I just know someone else is gonna come down with it, I hope its not me.

Gotta go, GG hang in there I did some pilates after my knee surgery, I just did as much as I could without hurting myself, its better than nothing.

Bye , Trish
CCmomof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 06:30 PM   #23  
Heather

S/C/G: 230/215/160

Hi GALS!!

I've had a super-busy week and didn't check in yesterday! My oldest daughter had a little "throw-up scene" on Tuesday night (during American Idol!!) I kept her home from school yesterday (she wanted to go to school!!) and of course she was perfectly fine ALL day. The best part of the day was when one of my friends here in town dropped in just a little after 9am and I had not showered or dressed yet. My hair was CRAZY and I might add that I was in my p.j's (with no bra on...need I say more??)ha! ha! She was being nice and checking in because I'm OF COURSE at the schoolyard every morning, but, I was embarrassed... that will teach me, ALWAYS have the showever and get dressed, EVEN when a kid is home sick! ha! hA!

I finally took the plunge today and did Aqua-Jog for the first time. I talked 2 of my friends into going and it REALLY was a work out! We are going to commit to going 1 - 2 times a week.

Pam - ahhh... the steam-cleaning brings back memories for me (I did it so much I finally bought my own!!) Now we did mostly hardwood, since I was becoming a tad obsessed about it! ha!7

Joan - isn't that funny that I think exactly the same way when my hubby is out of town! I swear I get tons done AND things run like a well-oiled machine around the house!! Too funny!

Alicia - I've been thinking of trying yoga - do you think my bad back could handle some light yoga?

Hi to everyone else! Thanks for all the great support!

Have a great night - check in later

chunkomommy
(Heather)
chunkomommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 07:06 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 150/150/135

Height: 5'6"

Hope everyone is having good days. We are finally get our January snow! We are only supposed to have an inch, but it is the most we have had in two weeks. Should be a fun commute home for DH.

We just hung out here today...I think we will take an excursion tomorrow! DH has a night out with some guys to play cards, so we will need to get out by tomorrow as I will not have any relief from the litte guy tonight!

Heather - isn't it fun when people stop by - I usually get the UPS guy when I have not showered yet or my MIL with a camera!
Trish - hope you get some rest and DD is feeling better.
Danger - we know someone who races in the iditarod - her parents lived in MT where we were up until this last summer.
Jen - have a good trip...
Hanna - the party sounds like fun...I have an aunt who picks beer and wine by the artwork on the labels too! I will have to look for the teething tablets - thanks for the advice.
Hi Shelia, Lisa, Christina, Alicia, Joan and Moobunny! And everyone else!!
Delta Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 08:48 PM   #25  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Sorry I'm MIA. Started the new temp job at noon yesterday. I don't have my own desk or PC yet, since the girl is still there until a week from Friday. So I'm kinda moving between a chair in her cube, to a chair in her back up's cube, training. It's OK, but the 9-6 hrs. suck. Getting there at 9 means horrible parking, and 6 is soo darn late. I'm glad I'm only 5 minutes or so from home, otherwise I'd be really unhappy. They are totally not flexible on the hours either. It's for 5-6 wks, with the possibility of going perm.

Sheila...girl, just the way you ask that...
Quote:
wonder what Lauren is up too?
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 10:22 PM   #26  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

chunkomonkey, I can't really can't say about the back. I will say to give it a try though. I can feel it in diff places that I don't with my reg workouts. What kind of workouts can you do with your back? There is some getting on the floor and some of the moves, I admit I can't do yet.

GG, you haven't posted today, hope that you're okay.

Trish, good for you for getting your exercise in after such a rough night. Fingers crossed noone else gets what the lil one has!

Lisa, what is the new avatar of?

Jen, have a safe trip.

Dawn, hope you get out some. Funny how the snow comes when its suppose to start thawing out.

Hope all are having a great nite. Talk tomorrow!
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 10:28 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

hey all..well today is a new day...and i'm in better moods. Had a rough night sleep due to the ankle but i think i'll go to bed early. My ankle is doing better today. I went and saw my pt this am...she iced it for 20 min with some electrical stimulation...man did the icing hurt..now i know what athletes go thru. She also gave me a great brace. And she told me that i need to do ab's, upper body and even swimming would be ok. So i'm definately gonna try to keep up the hard work. today was a good day at work...but long so no working out tonight. I'm going to try to get some sleep. Got to get to work early to do some stuff. Thanks guys for all the love and support. I feel better today. Had a better day at work...and ankle is feeling better. I appreciate all you guys. I will try to keep up the hard work even if i can't do certain things. Alright all..i'm off to ice my foot. Night all!!!!!
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 10:29 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

alicia...we were posting at the same time..just been a long day thanks for being concerned
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 10:55 PM   #29  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello again,

Dad is finishing up my desk. I finally gave up, and called in re-inforcements.

Alicia, that is the Greek Letters for: Phi Beta Lambda. I was a founding member at my college and now I am a "Professional Member". It is a Professional Business Fraterinty. I wish that they would do more stuff that I am interested in now, however; I am not there to make any decisions.

Well, off to help dad and then get ready for tomorrow.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 11:43 PM   #30  
Heather

S/C/G: 230/215/160

Hi All,

Hi Alicia,
I really can hardly do anything exercise-wise for my back. I can walk and do some pool classes. I'm just starting to reach for more. I'm 35 and my back was diagnosed last year as looking the same as a 82 year old woman's with degenerative disc disease (of course there is the matter of 2 surgeries too).
I get cortizone shots (as I've mentioned) and just thought that maybe trying something new like yoga could help. I really don't know very much about it, however if it does require that much floor work then that could be a problem.

If anyone else has any ideas, big or small, crazy or not please let me know.
I just need to try some more exercises but, ones that are "back-friendly". There may be something I've never even thought of.

Have a great night!!
chunkomommy
(Heather)
chunkomommy is offline   Reply With Quote