3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   30-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings-57/)
-   -   Hello Everyone (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings/135547-hello-everyone.html)

DeeNice2 02-27-2008 11:45 AM

Hello Everyone

Hi everyone,

bethbeth 02-27-2008 11:57 AM

Congratulations on you loss! And welcome to 3FC! Congratulations on your upcoming wedding...I'm sure you will be a beautiful bride!
I got married 7 months ago and my biggest fear was that I wouldn't be pretty enough. But I had the most beautiful dress that made me feel like a princess and I got so many compliments! It was a great day. It will be for you too.
I hope you will keep posting to let us know how you are doing!
Beth

wennygrrl 02-27-2008 05:36 PM

Congratulations DeeNice2 on your upcoming wedding and the weight loss. I am sure you will be a beautiful bride. As a former lurker, I would advise you to join in whenever/wherever you want. I find it helps me in those moments when I may make the easy choice. Good luck with everything! Let us know how it goes!

LBH 02-27-2008 07:42 PM

DeeNice, :welcome2: Congrats on the upcoming nuptials! :D You will look beautiful...stunning...no matter what size you are, but you came to the right place for support! Jump right in!

LBH 03-24-2008 01:36 PM

Dee Nice, Look at it this way:

on January 15th, you were 239.
On February 27th, you were 223.
On March 24th, you are 219.

That's 20 lbs. in 10 wks.! That's 2 lbs. a week! A very good and very healthy start!

How much water are you drinking? What else are you drinking? Soda, Gaterade, etc. Those are going to retain water. Skip to all water.

Congrats on your progress soo far! :D Stick around and keep us posted!

sheywood4 03-24-2008 10:38 PM

Hi Dee, I have had my bouts with frustration. Some weeks I lose, others I just maintain. Just remember what Lauren told you, you have averaged 2 lbs per week weight loss!!! You are doing great! And you are doing a wonderful thing for your body! I know when I get frustrated, I have to remind myself that it didn't take me 2 months to put all this weight on, so I shouldn't expect it to fall off in 2 months. Just keep on doin what your doin! and keep up the great work!
stephanie

Apple Cheeks 03-25-2008 09:03 PM

You are doing great, Dee!! :woohoo:

I sometimes get disappointed with what I see on the scale, too, but I also know that during weight loss I don't always see changes reflected in my weight.

For instance, even though I've only lost 1 pound in the last week and a half, I can feel that my clothes are looser than they were two weeks ago. So, I know I am probably dropping inches, if not actual weight right now.

I know that the scale will start moving down again sooner or later (it has no choice!), so in the meantime I just smile knowing that my clothes are fitting better. :D

fergi 05-05-2008 03:17 PM

You go with the eliptical. That machine kills me. I can't stay on there longer than 10 minutes. I think that is what I need to get started on is more cardio. One of the guys I work with says that in order to lose you need to do the cardio. He is a big work out buff.

Very proud of you. Now if I could just follow in everyone else's foot steps.

sheywood4 05-05-2008 03:17 PM

:bravo:WOO HOO!!! Way to go!!! You are doing soooo good! Keep up the great work!:bravo:
:broc::broc::broc::broc::broc::broc::broc::broc:

Boomcha 05-05-2008 09:01 PM

75 min on the elliptical every day... :yikes: I admire your dedication! I can barely manage 45 listening to music. Maybe I need a tv.....

You're doing so well over time that perhaps you should only weigh-in every 2-3 weeks since that's when you seem to see the real results. Weekly can be discouraging when you don't see a drop.

Oh and, don't hold back on the cake and champagne at your wedding. :val1:

luvmyfam 05-05-2008 11:50 PM

Hey, there!

I wasn't around here when you joined, and I've not always been great at keeping up on a regular basis.

Just wanted to say congrats on your engagement and congrats on your weight loss so far!! That's awesome!

I agree with your fiance. Shows like Biggest Loser...well, yeah they're inspiring. But these people are on SUPER low cal diets, and they're working out with trainers for hours a day. NOT the most realistic way for most of us to lose weight, IMHO.

When you were averaging 2 lbs a week...even that was great!! And kudos to you being able to take the elliptical that long. I talked to dh about getting one, because I heard it works you hard and burns a lot of calories. We'll see if we get one.

Things are going great for you :) .