Old 02-27-2008, 11:10 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 164.4/158.2/140.0

Height: 5'6 3/4

Talking

HiHooo!

Loving the weather, one day its 40 the next its 18. Had tons of ice last week then a big messy melt now we've got more snow. I wish Mother Nature would decide what she wants to do, just like a woman....

Kids off late to school today and have one at home running a fever with a cough and sore throat so here we go on the merry go round of disease. I wonder whos next, hmmmmmm?

GG, I heard there were alot of power outages in FL right now, has it affected your home or workplace? Don't let that drive get to you, it makes you old fast, get some relaxing music and breathe deeply.

Sheila, I would love to take a trip with just my girls somewhere, preferably a beach right now. Good for you, I hope everything goes well.

Pam, my XBIL once made a boob cake for his aunt, it was so lopsided it reminded me of my grandmother. The next year he made one of the male anatomy, I think Austin Powers would refer to it as Frank and Beans. Art through baking, not his forte. Hope it turned out well for you, I can only imagine the ?'s your children will be asking while watching you prepare it.

Lauren, when the time and the job is right it WILL happen. Believe it.

Duck, I can relate, I love, no, I LOVE dark chocolate! Its almost better than you know what, I said almost.

I gotta go, tons to do and sitting here ain't gettin it done, have a great day everyone!!!
CCmomof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 11:16 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

Hi everyone!

DaDa good for you on staying off the candy!!! I go for the salty stuff, like potato chips, but know exactly what you mean, I used to stop at every 7/11 to get a bag of chips I could only find there, they are so good, but I had to stop doing it, I found myself buying and eating 2 bags a day

GG Great job on the 7 Lbs!!!! you deserve a massage! enjoy

Pam which Tony Horton DVD do you have?

Heather it is good you are fixing the roof, try to get to the gym later.

Danger I am so afraid of chiropractors, don't know why, but I am

Sheila what bummer about the rule to drink that shake, I hope you can go to the other place and not have to drink that stuff.

Lauren good luck w/the indecisive job people!

I woke up early today, I wanted to get an early start to my day and I did!!!
I am getting ready to leave, my first stop this AM is the gym, then I have to run to Target I am looking for a big nice tub where I can put the bottles of wine for tonight, then off to the grocery store.
I will be back later

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 11:29 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Well, I think I'll skip the gym this afternoon. I did a 3 mile WATP video. My calves HURT big time from yesterday!

The roofer came. Said he couldn't find the problem. Whatever buddy. If this was my house you'd be up there til the problem was fixed period!
sapphireheather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 12:06 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Oh Sheila.... it's good to have you back!! LOL at your suggestions to Lauren. Looks like you're back in business girl:-). Glad to hear that things are improving between you and DH.

Trish ~ your comment about the cakes made me laugh so hard! Lopsided boobs and all... too funny.

Hanna ~ have fun tonight with the girls. What a great set-up to have the hostess provide drinks only. In my old group, the hostess provided drinks and food and it got costly. How are you feeling these days?

sapphire ~ You are on a roll! Did you ever measure yourself? With all of your exercise I bet that you're shedding inches.

I went yesterday for an eye exam and by the time that I got out of there I was starving. My cell phone rang and it was the school counselor wanting to talk about DS. I was planning on coming home and eating a tuna fish sandwich but after talking to her I felt so bummed. I swung into Steak n Shake and ordered a burger, fries *and* a milkshake. Ate it all and immediately felt miserable. Emotional eating sucks. It's over and done with and today is a whole new day.
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 12:25 PM   #20  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Hey Joan How ya doing? Don't worry about the burger and shake I had a day a couple of weeks ago that I ordered a pizza and ate 6 pieces of pepperoni put some ranch and tabasco sauce on it and I was ready to rock. LIttle did I remember I had taken one of those my alli pills well needless to say the experience of talking to myself in the restroom was one I will not forgot for a while. Not that you needed to hear that. As far as Lauren heck she should be sneaking in some office "nookie". Instead of going for the mid day snack. She won't even need to work out. I am jealous!!

Hannah so you and the girls are getting together and just getting drunk tonight? Sorry had to put it bluntly you know how I am.

Where is mo? She off in myspace again?
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 01:10 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 240/229/150 mini goal 200

Height: 5"5 1/2

Good afternoon! I'm really excited I started the process to going back to school yesterday. I told my hubby that I gave it a fair shot....I graduated 3 yrs ago haven't been able to find a teaching job so it's time to move on.
Moobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 01:15 PM   #22  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Afternoon everyone,

I can't believe how fast today has flown by.... Nothing exciting here. I have to pick ds up in an hour and I'm not even dressed. Just pulled out the couch to sweep and mop. Guess I better hurry. Btw, I received my workout video, haven't gotten a chance to try it out yet.

Joan, hope everything is okay with ds. At least you didn't get a side of chili too

Talk later ladies,
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 02:19 PM   #23  

Height: 5'6

Hey all...
Okay, to answer a few questions...I have the set of Tony Horton's "Power Half Hour" workouts from a few years ago...have been focusing on the ab workout.

As for the boob cake, I made sure the kids didn't see it. It turned out great, and was so darn easy!! I used a sports ball pan (like for making a soccer ball or something) and just used each half as a boob...just iced it and piped on the details, if you know what I mean...she was thrilled to get it, but was planning to leave it in her car so HER kids wouldn't see it either, lol!!

Joan, how did the appt go? How is Liam, is everything okaY?

Lauren, crazy about the job!! Hopefully it will turn out good..

Moo, good luck with school, so exciting.

Patricia...YOU ARE MY HERO!!! I'm so proud of you..your determination is paying off!!! YAY!!!

Danger, Sheila, Alicia, heather, Trish, Lisa, Hanna, kerry, Karen, everyone else, HEY!!!

Okay, gotta go decorate some cookies for the party this weekend. oh, and it's Cadence's "Barbie.com time".

Have a wonderful afternoon!!
P
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 03:31 PM   #24  
sheila

Hey lauren

You know that song that says "afternoon delight" I think it is from the 70's. So I am sitting here thinking man that girl has it made. I know the first day of work you have to get comfy.

catch ya later
Old 02-27-2008, 04:54 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Pam & Alicia ~ Liam had a lousy Monday and Tuesday. I'd gotten e-mails from his teachers and then a phone call from the counselor. I love how well we all communicate but was just feeling overloaded at the time. Thankfully, today was a much better day! He had a great day and is happily playing his Nintendo DS upstairs in his room (he hasn't been able to play it since the weekend). The girls have the two little neighbor girls over and they're all having fun downstairs. I can hear them giggling from here. Ahhhhhhhh... much, much better day:-). YOU GIRLS ARE THE BEST!!!!

Sheila ~ get your head out of the gutter Girl! You keep talking this way and you'll get all worked up and attack DH when he comes walking thru the day... or is that the plan?
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 04:55 PM   #26  
sheila

Trust me the gutter is a wonderful place sometimes. I actually haven't had it in the gutter since oh October so it is kind of nice to get it back.
Old 02-27-2008, 06:47 PM   #27  

Height: 5'6

Guess what I just did? I steam cleaned my family room, man was it dirty!! Tomorrow is the living room and dining room. If I'm going to be having all these moms here, I want my carpets to look decent. It's amazing how dirty carpets can get when you have dog paws running all over them!! I wish I didn't have to let her out, my back yard is like a swamp this time of year. Maybe I can litter train her??

Hope everyone has a wonderful evening...off to spend time with DH

Pam
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 06:50 PM   #28  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

I finally did my new workout. Only did the Yoga. Not sure if I like it. Watched the Pilates half. Not sure if I can do some of those moves. I did my other one. I was gonna go on a walk, way to cold and windy this evening.

GG, congrats girl, I know you're feeling great today!

Pam, I remember the barbie.com days. Now I'm dealing with DD wanting piercings and to go tanning, hasn't asked for a tatoo yet though, lol.

Joan, glad you're having a better day. Did you ever say how the book club went last week?

Dinner's almost ready. DH and ds are having sloppy joes. I'm having ground beef with green pepper.

Have a great night all.
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 07:46 PM   #29  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Sheila!! Girl, you are killin' me!! Actually, I temped an entire year in the building next to where I am now, which is also across the parking lot from DH. I think we met for lunch once...and that was a picnic in the parking lot that the building management threw.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 08:31 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 230/230/160

Good evening everyone,

I am so sore from this workout video. I usually ride the bike, or hit the treadmill for 45 minutes a day, so I thought a dvd would be a breeze. Ugh. I am not sure how I am going to be able to do it again tomorrow. But at least I am smiling!

Delta-I do the strength training at home. My sister hired a personal trainer for about a year, and he put together a book for her, that she passed on to me. I love it! But of course it doesn't shed the fat like cardio!
Pam-I love your story of the woman who ordered the cake. At least she went through with it. I think I would have been so red-faced I wouldn't have been able to get the words out!
Trish-I am doing the Biggest Loser Cardio Max dvd. Bob really kills me with all of the lunges! But I know it is doing something, because I haven't been this sore doing any other dvds. How do you like your dvd workout? I am always looking for great workouts to work different muscles.
Alicia-Thanks for the encouragement. I think I will go soak in a hot tub and rest this muscles up before tomorrow's torture!
Gator-Excellent work on the weight loss and Especially on the loss of inches. That must feel so great! And I think the massage is such a great idea, I am going to revamp my goal prizes and include a massage. Have you ever tried a Hot Stone massage? I usually go for Deep Tissue because I have a bad shoulder, but I have always wanted to try the hot stones.
Christina-I too am a slave to Reeses Peanut Butter cups. I can't even look at them. No willpower when it comes to them.
Moobunny-Congrats on going back to school. I just went back myself. I am taking a few more classes so I can sit for the CPA exam. Best of luck to you!
Lauren-You are a stronger woman than I am. My dh and I would not do well working in close proximity to each other.
Hello to everyone else! Have a great night!
-Jen
Chicago Jen is offline   Reply With Quote