Old 02-11-2008, 08:13 AM   #1  

Height: 5'6

Default 30 Something Chat Mon. Feb 11th

GOOD MORNING ALL!!

Wow...I'm the first one and it'salready after 8:00!!

Just got Frankie on the bus...did my Tony Horton Ab workout this Am...gonna do laundry, clean and bake a bunch 'o heart cookies.

Hope everyone has a super day...I'll check back periodically. Want to get my cookie dough mixed so it can chill for a few hours while I clean.

Later!
P
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 09:06 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 163/Ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Good morning Pam and everyone! I've just been too pooped to post. Did some cleaning and laundry yesterday, then chilled out the rest of the day. Got a couple of errands to run today and have to babysit for my friend around noon. I'll catch up later.

See ya!!
Renee
crbowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 09:08 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Day off for me...and i definately was lazy and slept in. Was going to ride the horse this morning, but its 29F out there. That's too darn cold for me LOL. DH has a dentist apt and then it should be warmer and we are going to take the dog hiking for a while. other than that...nothing exciting here. Got some house work to do. Hope everyone has a good day.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 09:09 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

btw..what's going on with everyone's scales at the bottom???? they are all missing today.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 09:29 AM   #5  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

GG, here's the answer to the ticker question!
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=134073
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 09:52 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Mornin' Gals (and to the occasional dude that pops in),

Pam ~ I need to make Valentine cookies today as well. I told the girls that they could have a little party after school one day this week for special friends. I'm betting that mine won't turn out nearly as pretty as yours though... Do you ice them or sugar them (or both?). Aren't sugar cookies so pretty? No matter what age people are, they all go for the cut-out sugar cookies.

Hi Renee ~ How is DS? Did you find out the results yet from the MRI?

Morning GG ~ enjoy your day off (in your size 10's;-)!!

Lauren ~ how's life treating you? LOL at your comment over the weekend about locking your bedroom door. Have you considered putting a hook on the boy's? I had an old neighbor that had two kids that were forever crawling in bed with them and that is what she did. The first night or two was rough but within a few nights the boys were sleeping all night long in their own beds. Happy mom = happy kids!!! I go nutso if I don't get enough sleep.

No big plans today other than exercising, coloring my hair and the usual clean-up, laundry, etc., etc... Hope that everyone has a good day ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 10:18 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 150/150/135

Height: 5'6"

Good morning!

Pam - It sounds like you have a busy day planned...the cookies sound so good!
GG - enjoy your day off. It sounds like all of your hard work has been paying off with the smaller size!
Renee - hope you have a good day with errands and all.
Hi Lauren!
Joan - Enjoy your day too!

DH forgot to leave us the carseat, so I guess we will be hanging out at home. It is only supposed to get to a high of 5 anyway. My parents are coming tomorrow, weather permitting, so we need to pick up the house anyway. And get ready for the trip to AZ this Friday! Was able to get a workout in this a.m. so that is done.
Delta Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 10:48 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 174/160/140

Height: 5' 2"

Good morning,
Ok, it's a new week, I am going to meet it with a new attitude. I am going to kick some butt and get my chart load done. And I am going to stop cheating on my diet. ( I ate two sticks of Elk and Bison peperoni yesterday-made my tummy sick) I feel pretty good today. But I did not lose any weight last week. I am getting a treadmill this week, So I can get my walk on.
Hope every one is having a good day! The cookie talk is , of course, making me want cookies. I think I'll have some nuts.
dangergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 11:28 AM   #9  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Dawn, AZ this Fri? How long will your trip be? I am sure you will be glad to get a break from the frigid temps.

GG, I did not stretch for walking. I thought I didn't need to. Guess I was wrong. Funny thing it only hurts when I'm on the track. Not when I'm just doing normal walking. Have a nice day off with DH.

Joan, I watched P&P, I enjoyed it very much. I am glad that I read the book first because I don't know if I could of followed so well. I was disappointed though because I am left hanging till next Sun. I could have sat through the whole 6 hrs lol.

Pam, good luck with the cookies. Is your mom having surgery this week?

Renee, Lauren, danergirl...have a good day ladies.

Hey everyone else!

Well my ds is very sure he wants absoulutely nothing to do with Valentines day. I think his words were YUCK! Enjoy your parties ladies.

I think I am going to make a vegetable soup today. Of course, noone else will eat it but me.

I RE-started taking down the wallpaper in the kitchen. I've dealt with alot of wallpaper before. I just have to say this one is ****! I got the "pirana" (same thing as the claw) plus I have the DIF. I have had no luck at all. I really want to get it down and painted. My Aunt is suppose to come Easter weekend and I want to get as much done as I can.

Hope everyone has a good day. I'll check back in later.

Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 11:35 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

Renee congratulations on he 1.6 loss!

Lauren I had to laught at your post about locking your door. Sorry

Beachmomma how nice that people are noticing how you look!

Heather good for you doing your workouts, they will get easier every day!

SapphireBlue Love your avatar!

Trish how is your back?

Jasmine you are a hoot, I am glad you lost a little bit!

GG what a great feeling to be able to fit into smaller pants!

Dawn sorry about the car seat, that is almost as bad as having no wheels, LOL. Have fun w/your family!

Hi Joan!

Dangergirl it is hard when you don’t see the scale moving down, keep working out, it will pay off!

Pam I am sure you are pretty busy baking cookies for valentines day, how exciting! Coco is doing great, she is keeping everyone busy, the little dudes have finally accepted her. They are much to cute~

Well my weekend didn’t go as planned, I had my best intentions to go to the wild animal park w/Sean on Saturday and as we were getting ready to leave, literally! I had the snacks ready to go, water, and all the goodies, Sean’s very good friend Sierra showed up, so there went the trip to the park. The house was so busy on Saturday, it was crazy, I had about 10 kids coming in and out all day long. I like it thought! One of the neighbor girls asked me if I would bake them cookies, so I did. Later I got the pizzas and they were here till about 6:30 PM. Michael came home feeling really sick, he had a very bad tooth ache.
Sunday Michael got up w/Sean early and by 8 AM he came to wake me up, Sean had another seizure Not as bad as the one in Oct.. That doesn’t mean it stopped him or any of the kids to run around the house like they did on Saturday. I was a little upset w/all the kids yesterday but I think is because I am so worried and tired. we can’t figure out why. We are going to the Dr. this afternoon. (reg. psych appt.) we’ll see what he says. I am taking it easy today, I am brain dead, emotionally I am just wiped.
Hey I have a question to ask the moms, when I ordered pizza I know I had a $20 bill in my wallet and 3 $1’s so I grabbed the $1s to tip the pizza delivery guy, and I left the $20 bill on top of my wallet in my office, after the pizza was delivered and the kids ate, we couldn’t find Coco, so I came upstairs to look for her, as I am coming out of my bedroom w/Coco in my hands 2 girls come walking out of the office, I looked at both of them and asked them what they were doing upstairs, they said they were looking for Coco. I don’t like the kids to be upstairs, there is no reason for them to be up here. Didn’t think anything else about it. Later the ice cream truck drove by, I came upstairs to get the $20 that was on top of my wallet and walla! The bill was gone! I told DH about it later, and he was pretty upset w/me, he said I shouldn’t leave $ laying anywhere, it should be in my wallet and my wallet in my purse, well I never in my wildest dreams would had thought anyone would grab it, specially in my own house, in my office upstairs. We called the parents of both girls and told them what happened just so they could keep an eye and see if any of the kids would all of a sudden say they have $. One family was very apologetic that it happened and they were going to talk to they daughter, the other couple, well, when Michael called the dad answered the phone and as Michael started to tell him what happened asked Michael to hold on the line, Michael herd the guy tell his wife, you got to pick up the other phone and listen to Michael. Now I am worried that the second family, I should say the moms is going to make a big deal over it. All the kids complain about her daughter for different reasons and she thinks her daughter can do no wrong, I understand it is her daughter and that is how we feel about our kids, but when they do something wrong you have to tell them it is not right, well that is what I think, she doesn’t.
I think we did the right thing, what do you think? I feel pretty bad telling the parents but on the other side, it isn’t right that the $ is missing It is not about the $, not at all, it is the fact that is missing.
I have someone at the door, I will be back!

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 12:00 PM   #11  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Hanna, you sure did make me want some Pizza, lol. Honestly, you did the right thing. I would want to be made aware if I were the parents. I have found it is hard to keep track of lots of kids running through the house. Some kids seem to have no boundaries. I hope you can find out why Sean is having seizures. You found out nothing before?

My DD only had one friend over and it wore me out. I don't know if I could do 10. It was fine untill day #3, then I just wanted my house back, lol. Have a good day and try to relax!
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 12:08 PM   #12  

Height: 5'6

Hey...

Hanna..I think it was a good idea to call the parents. Not to be accusatory, but just to let them know what happened. I can tell you I would have wanted to know if it had been my kid...I would ask him about it. I do have to say, I always put my purse away in the closet before i have kids over or I have a party. It's not that I expect anything is gonna happen, just that I don't want to take a chance. Hopefully you guys will get to the bottom of it. If nothing else, it kind of puts the kids on notice that you're aware of it.

Patricia..enjoy your day off, girl!!

Alicia..glad you enjoyed the movie. I watched some of the grammys, flipped channels a lot. Mom is supposed to go for an ultrasound i think today, so they'll let her know what's up then. Thanks for asking!

Joan..so cute of you to have a party at your house for V-day...I love it! I'm sure the girls will have fun.

Dawn, I'm not going anywhere today, either. Too darn cold!! AZ sounds like it will be great, esp. after being stuck in single digit temps, huh?

Renee, Lauren and Danger..hey girls!! Hope you are all well!!

Gotta go grab a batch out of the oven...talk later!

P
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 12:18 PM   #13  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hanna, I think you did the right thing. I'm not sure I would have the guts to do that, but you're such an outgoing, neighborhood mom anyway! I think if you approached the parents like, "I'm not placing blame, but I feel I have to mention to you that your DD & xxx were upstairs in my office and later I realized that $20. that was laying out in the open was missing. I'm not saying it was your DD, but I'd like to ask you to keep an eye on her, in case she seems to have more $ than she should." Somethin' like that.

Alicia, I am feeling just as frustrated about a lot of the wallpaper in my house right now. I kind of gave up on everything for a few months now. The bathroom still has a little paper up, the dining room still has glue on the walls from where I tore down the paper. Try just using a spray bottle and saturating the walls with hot water. Let it soak in for 10-15 minutes, then scrape.

Dangergirl, Great attitude for the new week!

Joan, DH actually asked me yesterday why I was soo tired all the time lately! I told him if I could get a full night's sleep in my own bed, all night, with just him, I might not be soo tired! Last night I slept most of the night in Peter's bed, because both boys were in my bed! I maybe have to do that.

GG, Banfield near me is advertising for a Front Desk Coordinator & an Office Manager. Any insight about the company to share? I know the cost of living is a little different, but do they seem to pay well? You can PM me, if you prefer.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 12:22 PM   #14  
KAR

Hi Ladies,
Sorry I have been MIA over the weekend. My mil and I went shopping on Saturday. Didn't find a new outfit for my nephew's wedding. Then my dh was in a mood all weekend long. Mad at me over something I did almost a year ago. He just can't seem to let it go. Then he was nasty to our close friends too, so I am not starting the week off very good. I have lost some weight I think. I will find out tomorrow evening at TOPS. I did get fourteen miles in walking last week. I am just very depressed right now. Basically living life one day at a time. Just hoping that I am making the right choices in life. Sorry to be a really downer. Hope to get out of my mood soon. Chat with you all later. Hope you are having a great day!
Talk to you all later.
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 12:32 PM   #15  
I'm not fat I'm fluffy!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/145

Height: 5'7"

Hi all,
I am new to the site and just wanted to pop in and say hi.
My name is Angie and I am a SAHM with 3 kiddos 10/10/7. I am on phase 2 of SB. I look foward to getting to know you all better.
Have a great day.
i ate my skinny me is offline   Reply With Quote