Old 02-05-2008, 07:18 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 150/150/135

Height: 5'6"

Default 30 Something Daily Chat: Tues. Feb. 5th

Good morning!

I almost typed January 5th and Monday on the title of the thread - maybe I need to go back to sleep?? Hope that everyone has a good day...

Hannah - it sounds like you had a great weekend of nothing. Wish I had one of those soon...
Alicia - too funny about the dog and dd's clothes!

Not sure of what we will do today - probably laundry. I also need to run to the store at some point. We didn't get as much snow as they thought we would yesterday, so driving out and about won't be too bad. I am hoping to eat better than the last few days - we still have junk leftovers in the house from the game...pmsing time is a bad time to have that stuff around!
Delta Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 07:43 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 208/XXX/150

Height: 5'4"

Default morning

Good Morning -

I had a difficult time staying on track Super Bowl Sunday. I did well during the day, but game time is when I veered. We had friends over and lots of food. It was a lot of fun, although I immediately felt guilty. On a positive note, I did not drink. Usually I partake in several drinks when getting together with friends and this time I just had diet sierra mist.

SO - I am not going to dwell on it, just get back into gear. Yesterday, I did really well food wise. I plan on making healthy choices today and then I am going to try to get to the gym tonight.

Have a great day everyone!
stickingwithit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 07:47 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

morning all...well i got a great night sleep and feel wonderful this am. So i hope it was just time for a little more sleep. Have an apt with my pt tonight. Off to work i go.

bye all
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 08:27 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 163/Ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Good morning!!! Just checking in since my DS in still sick. He goes back to school tomorrow then has to have an Upper GI Thursday morning. I'm sure it will be no picnic getting him to drink that chalky liquid.

So, I'm just planning on doing a little laundry and checking in and out during the day.

Make it a GREAT one!!!
crbowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 08:27 AM   #5  

Height: 5'6

HEY GIRLS!!

Patricia...good idea on the rest, sounds like it's just what your body needed. You've been running like a crazy person for a while now...glad you feel energized!

Alicia..hey, did YOU get any sleep? I'm usually out by 9:30. Even on the weekends. i like to joke to DH that the 27 yr. old me would be so amazed at how the 37 yr old me can't stay awake...I used to live on 5hours sleep, no prob. Not anymore, lol!! Oh, we're going to see Hanna Montana tonight, BTW. we've been on a countdown for a week now, and Cadence is so excited!!

Joan..wow, sounds like you had a great day sunday. I've never had time to do two movies...what a treat. And those are two movies I want to see, will probably wait for dvd, though. We don't get to the movies much...

Dawn..even though you say you're eating junk, I still keep seeing your ticker move...WTG!!! You must be doing something right!! Hope you get your laundry done!

Sticking...I did bad at the Superbowl party we went to, but I had planned on it. Was really careful with everything else I ate over the weekend. don't sweat it, just get back on the ball, girl!!

Hanna...aww, it sounds like you really love that little pup...funny how that worked out. coco is an adorable name. My dog is almost 2 and she still chews some stuff, despite the fact that there are toys EVERYWHERE for her!!

Lauren, Lisa, Beachmomma, holli, Trish, Kerry, Karen, Jasmine, and anyone else my brain can't think of...hey!!

Today is errand day, then I HAVE GOT TO come home & give Daisy a bath...she hasn't had one in aobut two months, and I keep saying "today's the day", but I really have to do it today...she's starting to look gray instead of white, .lol. Then we're going to the Hanna Montana movie tonight with my friend & her dds. Frank is taking Frankie to an activity over a tschool for heart health month. I think it's like a relay race or something. Frankie is SOOO looking forward to it. He loves doing stuff with his dad.

Alrighty, better roll. Gotta get Cadence dressed & off to school. Hope you all have a super day!!

Pam
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 08:29 AM   #6  

Height: 5'6

Hey CR...posting at the same time. My friend's dd had an upper GI last week (she's 8), and was having a hard time getting the stuff down. My friend asked for a small cup, and had her dd do "shots" of the liquid...said it seemed to work a little better to get it down. Maybe this will help...good luck!!
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 08:33 AM   #7  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All!

Sorry I've been scarse again...EW keeps me hoppin'...

Somehow I'm down 1.6 from the last time I weighed...which was probably a couple weeks ago. I'll take it.

Have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 08:44 AM   #8  

Hi again - I am just waiting for MMouse to be over to work out again. Already have some laundry started...what excitement!

Pam - Have fun at the Hannah movie! I have been working out extra if I overdo the eating - the trainers on the Biggest Loser did that to some of their people last season after they could eat junk in a challenge. I guess it did help a little...
CR - hope the test goes well tomorrow with DS. Will be thinking about you.
Lauren - good morning!!
Sticking - I think most of us ate more than we planned to with the game this weekend...
Hi GG!
Old 02-05-2008, 08:49 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 164.4/158.2/140.0

Height: 5'6 3/4

Good Morning,

I've been going crazy and haven't had any time really to chat and let me tell you it makes a difference when you don't have that support and encouragement to rely on. I told you guys I hurt my back last week, its still not much better but I'm gonna try to walk on the treadmill today, see if that helps to loosen things up a bit, it certainly can't hurt my mood. I was on the praise team again Sun. at church plus I was in a skit during the service where a few of us were portraying sins trying to seduce someone and then we wrestle with her and then we wrestle with Christ and He throws us aside in the end, well I had to do it, for one because its soooooo powerful and because I was a last minute replacement and couldn't get out of it. Getting thrown down was not the best thing for my body and I tried to fall gently but someone moved a guitar pedal board back behind me, (didn't realize it), right where I had been "falling" all week during rehearsal, so I fell on it during first service and all I can say is ARRRRRRRRRGGGG!!!!!! If the injury thing wasn't bad enough, I have to start taxes this week, the FAFSA, finish scholarship apps for big DS, my washing machine went kaput, and with 7 people in this house no washing machine is like the kiss of death. Now, not only do I have to get my hatch handle on my SUV fixed but they told me my battery failed the load test, the timing belt is shot and I need rear brakes, plus big DS has got a huge crack in his windshield. I need to find the money tree, quick!

Enough about my woes, I feel better just venting to ya'll. I too am glad the Giants won, if my Manning couldn't win it then I wanted the other one to. Pretty cool when you think about it!

Sapphire, great job on your workout, just seeing how hard everyone is working makes me want to get my groove back on.

Margarita, I know about the c-section thing, all 5 of mine were c-sect, the first 2 were emergencies after that I had no choice. Maternity leave does fly by i cried the last two days that I was home. I'm praying for you right now.

Beachmomma, you can go on Walmarts website and order videos and have them delivered to your local store for pick up and you don't have to pay a shipping fee that way. Plus, you should check out Amazon.com, I have gotten several DVD's from there.

Welcome Mommyagain and PolarBear, this is a great source of comfort and strength, by the way Polar what is LAWL? I'm not hip enough to know all the abbreviations everyone uses.

Everyone else, thanks for always being here, and have a great day, don't get washed away its been raining cats and dogs here.

Trish
CCmomof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 08:54 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 237/212.6/140

Good morning!!!

Pam-have fun at Hannah Montana. I was just reading how it is breaking all sorts of records.

Not much going on here. I slept really well last night except for the one coughing fit which is good. My poor DH has been sleeping on the couch because he says I am super noisy with this cold. I have a tendency to cough a lot and not even realize it. I can remember my dad waking me up a lot as a child and telling me to go take cough syrup.

Kar-I am sure you can appreciate that today I get the fun task of starting to get the state's alternate assessment ready. I just love testing time. Between giving the alternate and making sure my kids getting their accomadations, which includes me testing some kids one on one, it is just so much fun.

Have a greaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat day!

Jasmine
tanner'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 08:57 AM   #11  

Good morning everyone
fudgey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 10:05 AM   #12  
KAR

Morning,
It sure is a rainy morning here. I got soaked on my way into work this morning. Just now finally drying out a little bit.
Hanna glad that you had a great weekend of doing nothing. You sure did deserve it after the last couple of rough weeks you have had.
Alicia hope that you finally got to sleep. I fell asleep around 10:30 and slept through the night. That is too funny about your dd and your dog.
Trish hope you are feeling better today. Hope the money tree shakes off some money for you to get all your bills and stuff caught up. That is crappy about the washer.
Pam enjoy your movie tonight. Hope you get your errands done today. It is a dreary day to be running errands, if it is raining in your neck of the woods too!
CR hope that your son is feeling better! Hope that you have a nice relaxing day!
Lauren we understand how busy you have been. Just check in when you can. Hope you have a nice day!
Dawn glad that you didn't get the snow that they were excepting. Have fun running your errands.
Jasmine I hear you on the testing issue with our kids. I am hoping that I can find the time to work on it a little bit today here at school.
Hi to everyone else. I have my TOPS meeting tonight. Hoping that my weigh in goes well. But I think TOM is planning on making a visit soon. So have to do deal with that if I have a weight gain.
Well I need to go and get my kids busy working again. Chat with you all later. Have a wonderful day!
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 10:17 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Morning Everyone,

Delta ~ you are losing some serious pounds! I just noticed your ticker and you're doing great. Your workouts are obviously paying off. Good for you! Isn't your AZ trip any day now? What a treat that will be...

stickingwithit ~ Sounds like you've gotten right back on track. You had fun at the party and it's over now. Don't sweat it. Not drinking alcohol saved you a whole bunch of calories. Hope that you have a good week.

GG ~ ahhhhh, sweet sleep.... So glad that you got in some good zzzz's last night. How often do you meet with your PT?

Renee ~ so sorry to hear about your little guy still being sick. I'm saying a little prayer right now that they figure out what is wrong soon. That is a real worry.

Pam ~ you sound extra chipper today! How is the Zantac working out for you?(I think that is what you said you were taking?). Are you feeling better? I hope so. Enjoy your movie tonight with DD. My neighbor and her girls saw it last Friday and *LOVED* it. The mom was telling me about it yesterday when we were all walking home from school together and her girls overheard us talking and immediately started seeing songs from the movie.

Lauren ~ You bet you'll take it Baby! Don't question, just be grateful LOL. BTW, got a kick out of your post yesterday.

Trish ~ Ouch! Oh man, that had to hurt. Did the other people know about your previous back problems? Could you sue Jesus over this? JOKE!! I'm sorry to hear about the car problems but nothing compares to a broken washing machine. Kiss of death is right. Hang in there Sister. Keep working on hubby about the bike.

Morning Jasmine ~ hope that you get to feeling better. Testing isn't fun even when you're in good health....

hey there fudgey! Are you new? I don't recall seeing your name before but I haven't been posting as much these past few days. If so ~ welcome!!!

Hanna ~ I was so happy to read that you had a great weekend. You mentioned Sean being on some new meds. Can you already tell a difference in him? Also, it's great to hear that DH will be home more on the weekends. Love the name Coco ~ only you would come up with that name LOL!

margarita ~ enjoy time with your baby. Is this your last day home?

Me and my little buddy are stuck at home today. I've got my painting clothes on and plan on moving the refrigerator and painting behind it today. I painted the kitchen way back in the fall and it's just now that I'm moving the refrigerator to paint... better late than never, eh? DH bought some more crown molding so I'm going to paint it white today also.

I've been doing my workout at night after putting the kids to bed and it's working out well. The only problem is that I drink a lot of water afterwards and I've been getting up several times a night to pee. It's pretty cool though how much deeper I sleep as soon as I start exercising again on a reguar basis. Time to get busy with my painting. Have a Super Tuesday all ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 10:18 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Hi Kerry ~ we were posting at the same time. Good luck tonight at your weigh-in!
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 10:22 AM   #15  

Joan - AZ is less than two weeks away, so I guess that is some motivation too! Have fun with the painting!
Kerry - hope that the weigh-in goes well at TOPS tonight.
Trish -sorry to hear that the back had the skit to deal with...hope that it feels better soon.
Hi Fudgey and Jasmine.
OK - I guess I should be productive and go do laundry or something....