Old 02-05-2008, 10:17 PM   #31  
Heather

S/C/G: 230/215/160

Height: 5' 2"

Hi All!

I've been a member of this site for a few weeks and am LOVING it!

I am however in need of a little moral support. Perhaps if I stick with my own kind (the 30somethings)!! I'm a SAHM, 35 yrs old, been married to my hubby for 10 years and we have 2 girls, one is 7 the other 5. I've got a REALLY bad back and this makes for losing weight difficult. I can walk for about 15 minutes straight and am going to be trying some low-impact water aerobics soon.

I really am ready to have the weight come off, I know it may help my back (I've recently had a spinal fusion). I SO tired of being heavy and dreaming of wearing a bathing suit (without the TOTAL mortification that comes with it!!), I would have to say that my biggest downfall is that I LOVE LOVE LOVE food!!

I love to have fun and chicky chat over coffee is a MUST!

Lookig forward to getting to know you all better! If anyone has any ideas of ways that I could exercise with my back issues I'd LOVE to the help!!

chunkomommy
chunkomommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 10:42 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

chunkomommy! glad you joined us, this place is great!

GG wow you job is like a hectic place, I hope you get to acomplish something at the meeting. I loved when I had my pt, you get a really great work out and yes, it is amazing how much you can learn from them.

Well, Sean is in bed, sound asleep! I am going to go downstairs and relax.
Have a good night!

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 10:50 PM   #33  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

chunkomommy! We have a great bunch here so join right in.

Kerry, I'm sure you are right about the muscle, good you're not letting it get to you. Maybe I'm gaining muscle too!

Lauren, sorry about your crappy day at work.

Hanna, that is a cute pic of you and DH, you are looking good. I think the support group is a good idea. So thoughtfull of you to make dinner for your friend!

Well, Spencer decided today he wanted nothing to do with the cub scouts. I can't quite figure it out because he was sooo excited about it yesterday. I don't know if some kids from school said something negative about it or what. So I just took DD and a friend to the mall.

Gonna try and turn in early tonight. Have a great day tomorrow everyone!
Alicia

Last edited by lois lane; 02-05-2008 at 10:52 PM.
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 11:04 PM   #34  
KAR

Welcome Chunkyomommy! Glad you joined us. Look forward to getting to know you!
Hanna have a good night's rest!
Alicia sorry to hear that Spencer didn't want anything to do with the cub scouts. Atleast you still got out by going to the mall.
GG glad that you had a great workout at the gym with your pt. I think maybe when I join the Y again, I might check into getting a pt.
Well I am going to try tracking my food and exercise on www.myfitnesspal.com and see if that helps me in my weight loss journey. I just finished it for day one. We will see how it goes.
Have a great evening everyone!
Night,
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 07:57 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 150/150/135

Height: 5'6"

Hi Chunkomommy - welcome to the 30somethings!
Kerry - I have found that tracking what I do - especially the eating has made had a huge difference. I had no idea how many calories I was really eating before.
Lauren - sorry about the tough day at work. I hope that have a better Wednesday.
Hannah - that is so nice of you to cook dinner for your neighbors - you are very thoughtful!
Karen - I hope that the baby is feeling better soon.
Hi GG! Hope you get the meeting scheduled to resolve some things at work.
Joan - we didn't have 2 cars when we bought the house - I hope that you get out sometime soon!
Hi Christina, Alicia, Cardfan!
Delta Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote