Old 01-30-2008, 03:28 PM   #16  

Height: 5'6

Hey all!

Holli..another pound? great!!

GG..hope you're enjoying your day!

Lauren...good luck girl!

Adah..congrats on your loss as well!

Lisa...enjoy the rest of your day!!

Joan...two times?? Man, you are one crazy chick!! Gald you like it!

Alicia...Hummus? i've never had it, but I do like garbanzos, so I'm sure I would love it...

Roo, fighting, Kerry, and everyone else...have a great rest of the day...been busy with errands, etc today. Gotta go put on Hannah Montana for Cadence, then check on my fire (cause it's cold here!) and get some potatoes in the oven. Will try to check back later!

P
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 04:19 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 150/150/135

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone! Just checking while I am waiting for DS to wake up.

Lauren - I am thinking of you and the exam...let us know how it goes. I met that Moms Club president at my church small group last week. She said that the group was clicky when she first came, and now it is much better. I guess I will have to see!
Holli - yeah for you! It is exciting when the scale moves.
Alicia - I really like hummus too - just had some this afternoon with whole wheat pita bread.
Joan - you must really love your new bike! Too funny about the moms group Christmas party!
Lisa - hi! I hope that you are enjoying you day off.
GG- ditto...
Hi Fighting Dawn - hope that you are ok. I hate blood tests too.
Miller - hope that you are staying warm - sounds like we have similar weather today. We are supposed to above zero again tomorrow.
Hi Kerry - I hope that you some rest tonight.

More later - hello to everyone else. I am going to see if I can convince DH to go for a car ride in the cold tonight. Get DS out of the house for a bit.
Delta Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 05:08 PM   #18  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Evening all!! I did my grocery shopping today and I am going to have to reconsider the ediet. I spent $170 for one weeks groceries. DH is going to freak. I usually spend between $120 and $125. Ugh. It's mostly produce too. Not a lot of meat. I will follow the plan this week since I bought all of the food, but next week I will just use it for dinner and snacks. I will do breakfast and lunch on my own. They have a different thing for each snack and meal, I guess that's where it adds up. Plus, oranges, blueberries and grapes are expensive this time of year.

Lauren: Good luck on the test tonight!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Megan: I agree with the others, you do what's right for you. I hope your boys are feeling better soon.

Roo: Congrats on the loss. You can do it!

Renee: Hope the babysitting went well for you. I had a clean playroom 30 minutes ago. Now it looks like a tornado hit!

GG: Hope you had a great visit with your pony. Give him a carrot for me. Or a pat on the nose!

Dawn: I belong to our MOMS Club and it's pretty nice. I was a lot more active when DS was little. Right now all of the kids DS's age are in preschool so they don't go to any of the activities and DD only wants to do what her brother does.

Adah: Congrats on the loss! Great job!

Fighting: oooh, that is cold!! Way to cold for me. I wouldn't want to be outside waiting on the bus either. I'm glad your instructors are so understanding.

Joan: I'm with GG, I thought of the monster guy too! I'm glad you are enjoying your bike. It's great to have an exercise you like doing!

Alicia: I have lots of painting that needs to be done. Wanna come help me? DH hates to paint and makes all sorts of excuses why he can't do it. We ended up paying someone to paint DD's room.

Lisa: Hope you enjoyed your day off!

Kerry: Sorry about the gain. Were you wearing heavier clothes?

Holli: Congrats on the loss!

Pam: Did you get the fire stoked so you could warm up?

OK, gotta go get dinner going. Have a great evening!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 06:27 PM   #19  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Karen, it can get expensive to lose weight. Especially this time of year when produce is very expensive. I went to a sight that also gave a grocery list, it was crazy.

Dawn, you have cabin fever? I know when I am bound to the house without wanting to be it can drive me nuts.

Pam, I am sure the Hummus is better made fresh at home. I don't have a food processor so I just buy it at the store. The kind I tried today is called Sabra, I think. Some are no good though.

Guess what I noticed today. It was light outside until after 6pm. The days will be getting longer now. Hopefully getting some of us out of the doldrums?

I rearranged the dining room. Not sure if I like it or not, waiting for Dh to get home to see what he thinks.

Making sausage fro dinner, it's supposed to have half the fat of the regular sausage.

Oh Lauren, I was gonna tell you my DS had to bring 100 things to school today. I remember reading your post about your son. So hold onto whatever you had you may need it again!

Hope everyone's having a good evening!
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 06:34 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 208/XXX/150

Height: 5'4"

Post checking in

Hi Everyone!

I have not posted since Sunday! Monday & Tuesday were busy work days for me. I just came home and collapsed Monday night. Then last night was my husband birthday and we went out to dinner and I bought him a cupcake instead of a whole cake! I feel like my head is in it, I am making better choices.

I had a super stressful day today - our power went out at 1am and the temp dropped to 49 degrees in the house by 6am! My husband had to go to work, I called in (I'll go in tomorrow to make up for today) and then I ran out to Lowes and bought a propane heater. When I got back the house was 47 degrees! We were worried that if the outage was long, the pipes could freeze and burst. I was able to keep the downstairs of the house around 53 -54 degrees with the heater and closing the rooms upstairs. The power finally kicked back on at 12:45pm. As soon as it was on - I turned off the propane heater, turned up the house heat and then jumped into bed under several covers and took a nap while the house warmed back up. I couldn't sleep while using the propane heater - since I had to be careful about the carbon monoxide. I also had my carbon monoxide alarm next to the unit to make sure all was safe. Even though I was home, it was stressful and cold!

So, nice hearing from everyone - your weight loss inspires me! I did not weigh in today - but yesterday I was still the same, no loss. But I am not discouraged, it is still early.

Take care Everyone & Thanks for listening!!
stickingwithit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 06:39 PM   #21  

Height: 5' 7"

sticking, try not to weigh every day, even though it is a huge temptation. I didnt realize that there was a power outage north of the border. I think I would have sweats and cuddle duds and be under soo many blankets. Then after the house warmed up a bit ~ taken a nice hot bath!

Try to stay warm all.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 07:01 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/115

Height: 5'3''

Hey everyone!

Megan, I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.

Holli,Congratulations!! I finally lost 1 after 5 days of staying the same...FINALLY!

Everyone else.Hope you had a good day!
Cardfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 08:42 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

evening all...well i did go see pony...even though i didn't ride. I brought him his favorite pepermint horse treats. He loves those. Then dh and i took the dog for a walk up the small mountain near our house (its 1.2 miles up a 1800 ft elevation). We had a great dinner of low fat turkey tacos....if any one has a whole foods near them...check out the Garden of Eaten Blue corn taco kit. I use low fat ground turkey...they rock!!!! the shells are pretty low in fat but full in taste. Then dh and i took a look at our budget and did some bills. Now i'm just trying to relax some and unwind.

you know i thought it would be more expensive eating healthy...but honestly...since dh and i went on a budget...i find ways to eat healthy and not spend a fortune...but i have to admit...we make several trips to the store in a week. probably 2-3 trips a week...but that way we aren't wasting food.

holli - congrats on the wt loss...good job

stickinwithit - hope you stay warm....

hey to everyone else....got to go get ready for my day tomorrow. I have to pack since i'm going to meet my personal trainer before work. Got to pack lunch and clothes for showering at the gym.

Last edited by GatorgalstuckinGA; 01-30-2008 at 08:42 PM.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 11:00 PM   #24  
Smartypants

Thanks guys....well it's late and I had FULL intentions of saying hallo to everyone, but I'm a bit down.... I just found out Sarah has left us. She was such a beautiful soul, and a blessing to all of us here at 3FC. I'm just speechless. She was 43 years old, and she lost her fight with hodgkins.

there is a post on the 100 lb club board titled "Sarah is gone" if you would like to read more. And for those of you that didn't know her, her name here was lessofsarahtolove.

My prayers are truly with Lorraine and Sarah.

So again, I'm just in a bit of a shock. I had read so many of her posts lurking and all, I almost felt like I knew her. I do hope you all had a wonderful day, and I'll talk back later.
txangelgirl is offline   Reply With Quote