Old 01-25-2008, 07:50 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 150/150/135

Height: 5'6"

Default 30 Somethings Daily Chat: Fri., Jan. 25

Good morning! Looks like everyone is pretty busy again this a.m. I am up again with DS - any advice on getting a stubborn little guy to stay in bed until at least 6 a.m.? I am out of ideas here! At least I go to bed fairly early, so that helps.

Not much planned again today...hope everyone has a great Friday!
Delta Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 08:03 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/188/120

Height: 5'3

wow i wish i did one of my girls is up at 5am everyday no matter what. i think it is just in her dna or something.....now my 4 year old if you wake her before nine you know you will be in for a long day!!!! she is a sleeper
milleradah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 08:11 AM   #3  

Height: 5'6

Haha!! Same here...my 8 y.o. is up at 5:30...since he was a baby!!! ANd my 4 y.o. can sleep til 8!!

Did two miles on the tread...today was the first day I jogged on it since injuring my ankle mid-December...seemed to be okay, I did a very slow jog (like 4.4) for about 90 secs each time...trying to ease back into it, then I'm gonna implement the couch to 5k program Patricia turned me on to...would love to be joggin a full three miles by April/May!!

Today just doing laundry/putzing around the house. Watching my 3 y.o. nephew at 10 am for a few hours, so Cadence will be occupied. Trying to eat well, doing pretty good, but it seems that my metabolism just isn't as good as it was 8 years ago...gotta be more aggressive with the diet I guess. Wondering if it's too many carbs?? Trying to do a rough calorie count, but thinking I'm getting the wrong kinds...

Alicia...been wanting to ask how your son has been doing in school?? Haven't heard anything about it, so I'm hoping he's good. And you know what? Twenty mins. of exercise is better than nothing, right?? Keep it up, girl!!

Gotta go get Cadence's breakfast...her bagel just poppled up. Will check back in a few hours...

Have a wonderful day, everyone!!

P
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 08:27 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 163/Ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Good morning everyone! I got an early start as usual getting the boys' lunches packed and sending them off to school. Thank goodness I'm going to spend the majority of the morning just relaxing, then I have to meet my oldest DS as the doctor for his sports physical. Tonight is my only worry of the day. We are going to eat mexican for my nieces birthday and I haven't eaten there since I started WW. I'll have to either figure something out or pack me a dinner to take.

Hope you all have a GREAT day!
crbowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 09:13 AM   #5  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All!

CR, good luck tonight! You could try asking them to take away the chips they always have on the table when you get there, for starters! Then look for something w/o a lot of cheese, like fajitas! that would be great! YUM, I soo want Mexican food now!

Pam, Good for you on the jog!

Dawn/Adah/Pam, My little guy is always up early!! Drives me crazy! We decided that once he's old enough, his job is taking the garbage out! Thankfully these days he will go back to sleep a little bit, if he comes in our bed. It's soo frustrating when they wake you up at 5:30 and you don't have to get up til 6...just kills it! I value my sleep!

Have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 09:35 AM   #6  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Mornin' Chick-A-Dee's,

Dawn, I have the complete opposite problem, My school aged DS has problems going to sleep at night and then as a consequence getting up for school. He literally gets up 15 mins before we leave for school. Hope you get a nap in.

Pam, DS has been doing better. He had a breakdown last night (math homework- borrowing). He hasn't brought home any work so I need to send an email to the teacher. Before he would bring home graded work daily. They have parent teacher conferences next week so I will get more info then. Thanks for asking. How does your ankle feel after the jog? Let us know how the 5k works out. I have never been able to jog or run. BTW, in Oct, I cut the carbs, and it really made a difference. I didn't cut them out entirely, just reduced. Of course, once I stopped the weight came back on. I've been trying to do that again. I think it really helps.

crbowles, awww mexican, i would so be a gonner, my fav food! Just the chips and salsa gets me. I agree with Lauren about fajitas. Maybe not even have the tortillas. Some places have a fajita salad.

My bil is flying in today. I told DH to delay bringing him home as long as he could, I'm still trying to clean. Then he told me to check the flight time. Well here I am still on the computer. He's leaving tomorrow so it's not a long visit.

Have a great day everyone!
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 12:03 PM   #7  
I know I can do this

S/C/G: 283.4/278.2/220.0+

Height: 6' 3"

Hi everyone, just checking in here as well. It's about noon so it's time for lunch then my lil one is going down for his nap, and I think I may have to take a nap to....I'm tired! LOL
Mom2GarretandRyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 12:18 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 150/150/135

Back again - was able to get my workout in as I have a small group to attend tonight and we need to fit in dinner before I go.

It sounds like I am not alone with the early mornings - I am with Mom2 - a nap sounds wonderful today.

Good job on the jogging, Pam! I just walk right now. I don't know if I could run around the block...

CR - some other Mexican place things I have read - soft shell tortillas are better than hard shell, black or pinto beans instead of refried, side salad instead of rice. And like everyone else - fajitas because you can control the amount of contents. Of course, I like all of the bad stuff!! Have fun...

Alicia - hope that you have a good visit with the BIL.

Hi Lauren, Millerdah! Have a good afternoon everyone!
Delta Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 03:52 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 174/160/140

Height: 5' 2"

Default get out the paddle

I'm having Chinese for lunch. Teryaki chicken and mongolian beef. Nothing fried or battered, and no rice. But there is probably ALOT of sugar in the sauces. Last night we had broiled chicken and salad. Breakfast was eggs and a Banana.

was half an hour late to work because we were burried under a foot or more of snow. Traffic saw suckin'. There were a couple of ditch divers, but mostly every one was just driving really slow. There is only one way in and out of Anchorage from where I live.

Hey, My fortune cookie says an important discussion will take place today!
Yeah, "honey, What do you want for dinner?"
Or my other favorite- "what movie should we watch tonight?"

Ah, I jest. I'm sure they are important matters to my husband, but the conversation I really find important is the one about him taking me to Hawaii for our Honeymoon. (that's what we call our anaversary.)

Well, Hope you are all having a great Friday!
Laters
dangergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 04:53 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Everyone is still battling sickness on this end. Mike went back to work today but he really shouldn't have. I do feel a lot better though. I made a big pot of homemade chicken noodle soup. It smells so good. The older kids came home from school and wrinkled up their noses... Oh well, they're still eating it:-). Hope that everyone has a good weekend ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 05:43 PM   #11  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

LOL, at Joan, yesterday I cooked lots of veggies for my pot pie. The kids both came home from school (at diff times) and said their rooms stunk. I guess the smells traveled upstairs. Hopefully your hubby can recover over the weekend. Is your company still coming?

It's been awfully slow around here today. Everyone losing momentum?

Not sure what's for dinner, I'm thinking the kids and I will go out...as DH and BIL are off playing....

Hope everyone has a good Weekend.
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 05:54 PM   #12  
Strong to the finish!

S/C/G: 295/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

Hey, all. Bad day. It's taking every ounce of strength I have to stay on plan.

Hope everyone else is gearing up for a good weekend.
ekstatikia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 06:49 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

I made chocolate chip cookies this afternoon and threw in all kinds of other good things too (1/4 bag of Skorr chips and pecans). I ate two and put the rest in the outside freezer! My niece just had her first baby so I'm taking her supper one evening next week ... hope the cookies make it until then... It's been a hard day for me to be good. My appetite has come back so obviously I'm feeling better LOL.

Alicia ~ Our company is coming next Saturday instead of tomorrow. I'm so glad that I moved it as I just don't feel like fixing a bunch of food, cleaning, etc., etc... I did clean all of my baths today. Feels good to have done before the weekend kicks in. BTW, I don't think I've ever asked you the story behind "Lois Lane" ... what gives? Are you a huge fan? I sure used to b a huge fan of Christopher Reeves ~ he was such a beautiful man (inside and out!). Gotta go... Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 07:12 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/115

Height: 5'3''

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekstatikia View Post
Hey, all. Bad day. It's taking every ounce of strength I have to stay on plan.

Hope everyone else is gearing up for a good weekend.
Me too,Megan! Hope everyone else is having a good day.
Cardfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 07:24 PM   #15  
KAR

Evening Ladies and Gents,
Been a long day. Was on a delay this morning for school. So that pushed everything back by two hours. Got everything done though that I needed to get done at work. Going on a fieldtrip to Pittsburgh tomorrow for the whole day. Leaving my school at 6 in the morning and hopefully getting back at 10 pm tomorrow evening. So you won't hear from me until Sunday sometime. Eating is still on plan, getting my water in, and working out daily. But thinking about taking tomorrow off though.
Glad everyone is having a good day! I will check back with you all on Sunday. Think I am going to watch a little tv and then go to bed.
Have a great evening!
Take care,
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote