Old 01-23-2008, 01:28 PM   #16  

Lauren: Good Luck Tonight!...let Us Know When You Get Your Results...you Will Do Great...i Just Know It!
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 01:34 PM   #17  
KAR

Christina glad that things are going well for you. Sounds like you really enjoyed your trip! Good for you on the jeans. Hope you get them soon.
Lauren tell your oldest Happy Birthday for me. His cake sounds yummy! Good luck on your Real Estate test. Hope you pass it with flying colors.
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 02:13 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

Hi everyone!
Just a quick post, I have to take a shower and get ready a friend of mine called she is in town and is stopping by to say hi, we may be going out for lunch.
I have to been able to post as I am having a lot of trouble with the site, either it will not open or I type something and then it disappears. I will be back later.

all newbies!

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 02:30 PM   #19  
KAR

Hi Hanna Glad to know that you are getting out and visiting with a friend. You deserve it after the rough couple of weeks you have had! Enjoy your self. Glad that you got to post today. Keep smiling!
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 02:58 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

KAR ~ you're so motivated these days! Keep doin' what you're doin' and I'm sure that you'll see a loss next week.
Lauren ~ best of luck with the test tomorrow night. Also, HB to Peter! Wait until it's your baby that turns 5. That is a *really* weird feeling.
Hanna ~ good hearing from you Girlfriend! How are you feeling these days?
Christina ~ I read somewhere that Paul McCartney's daughter designs custom fit jeans and the average price if $400... Holy Cow! It's good hearing from you. I'm so glad that you were able to get away and have fun with your mom.
Alicia, Pam, RoosterDude, Lisa, KarenK, Lili, GG, Holli (big hug to you Sugar), Megan and everyone else that was on page 1 ~ fingers crossed that this is a good Wednesday for all...

It appears that I caught what DH has and I've been feeling yucky. I felt great about my exercise yesterday and then within an hour or my head was killing me. DH works from home today so I was able to lie down and sleep this afternoon. It's hard for me to sleep during the day but not the case today. I'm laying off the exercise until my head feels better. Thankfully, when I'm not feeling well, I have no interest in food so that isn't a problem. It's when I start feeling better that my appetite returns with a vengenance LOL. I also ordered some new exercise tapes from Amazon.com. I felt so low over the weekend and ever since getting the exercise bike I feel so much more motivated... hope that this feeling continues. Time to go rest again. Later ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 03:39 PM   #21  

Height: 5'6

Hey all!

so busy today...just skimmed the posts, will try to read more later, just wanted to say I hope everyone has a good afternoon/evening. Hooli...here's a ((hug)). Joan, feel better, sweetie!! Lauren...best to you tonight. Stopped and sent up a quick prayer for ya!!

Everyone else, sorry no individual posts. I have so much food to put away (went shopping today), then I want tog get started on my taxes. Don't have all the bank statements in yet, but will do what I can. Oh, and I have to book our shore house today (we rent a house every year for a week at the beach...talk about motivation...I only have 5 months!!)

Later!
P
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 05:57 PM   #22  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Pam, save room for me at the shore house,lol, jk,jk. Where do you guys go?

Joan, hope you feel better soon.

Lauren, good luck on your test!

Christina, sounds like a nice trip. Retail therapy never hurt anyone. LOL Take care.

Hey Hanna!

Welcome to all the newbies!

I had a great phone conversation with the person I provided in home care to before I moved. We miss each other so much. When you're in someones home everyday you really start to feel like family. She told me everyone missed me (cats included).

I have done real good today eating. Well I planned on continuing. DH called and said he was picking up Bourbon Chicken from Golden Corral and....rolls. I need great willpower tonight. I love the rolls from the GC!

Gonna go for now. Hugs to all,
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 06:07 PM   #23  

Pam ~ shore house... lucky girl! We've rented a place in Florida, right on the beach for the past three years. We've decided not to go this summer and we'll all be disappointed by the time vacation rolls around. It was my decision though as I choose Lasik over vacation this year. We'll do lots of fun stuff around here instead.

Pam ~ Golden Corral?! I haven't eaten at a GC in years. All of them closed up in this area 10 or so years ago. That place used to have such great food. I don't remember the rolls but I sure do remember their baked potato bar. I waitressed at a GC one summer while I was in college. I ate a baked potato or salad every single day. You'd think that I'd have gotten sick of it. Nope. I guess that it's better that DH is bringing the food home vs. going there. Less temptation. Enjoy your dinner with the family ~ Joan
Old 01-23-2008, 06:31 PM   #24  

Height: 5'6

Joan...did you get the LASIK?? I know you were looking into it, don't think you did it yet, though. I had it 1 1/2 yrs. ago. LOved it. Although, I htink my night vision is not as good as it was...

Alicia..we go to Sea Isle City, NJ...about 1/2 hour south of Atlantic City. I would much rather go to a carribean resort (and it probably wouldn't cost much more, Jersey is so expensive!!) but we want to wait til the kids get older. Is Golden Corral a buffet?? I think I went to one when I was in NC once. BTW...LOVE, LOVE , LOVE the new pic!!!

Dinner time, gotta go.

P
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 06:32 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 174/160/140

Height: 5' 2"

Helloooo Ladies!
I seem to have shaken my drearies. It has been snowing for two days, but the sun finally came out today! I have neither lost nor gained, but I haven't been able to walk around outside my house... too icy.
My husband took me to the movies this weekend. Ate way too much pop corn. and then out to dinner. I had prime Rib. But I substituted extra veggies for the potato. I had a few bites of my husband's desert. So I cheated pretty bad, that is why no movement on the scale. I have been extra good this week. I have been fortifying my meals with veggies. Probably 75% veggies with every meal. And only water to drink.
We'll see if it works.

Hope you all have a wonderful rest of you day and good night to all the east coast and mid west chicks!
dangergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 06:59 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 150/150/135

Height: 5'6"

Hi!

Just a quick stop in while DS is occupied.

Lauren - hope that the test went well...thinking of you.

Danger - what movie did you see over the weekend? I love movie popcorn - probably a good thing I haven't been to a theatre in over a year!

Pam - I need to dig out tax paperwork too...we still need to get paperwork from MT, like DH's W2. Always fun to do taxes in 2 states...

Christina - was it nice in AZ? We are headed there in a couple of weeks - Tucson area. Glad you had a good trip.

Hi Joan, Alicia, Kerry, Hanna and Trish - and everyone else!

Have a great night...
Delta Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 08:12 PM   #27  

Pam ~ I'm getting Lasik in March. it's my 40th birthday present to myself:-). I wish that it were sooner as I'm really excited about not wearing glasses anymore. I can't wear my contacts at all anymore/eyes are too dry.

Alicia ~ I noticed the new picture right away ~ excellent shot! How do you like the new table/chairs? Are those high tables what they call pub tables? LOL at Pam saying that her DD was always falling off of regular chairs ... ditto.

Danger ~ That mountain man of yours is always taking you out to see movies and eat steak. He sounds like a keeper:-). Eating all of the veggies is awesome. I only eat vegetables with our evening meal and need to get more in thru the day.

Hi Delta! Taxes... uggghhh. We need to get busy on that as well.

Lauren ~ I hope that Mom makes it home safe and sound and that the test goes well for you.

I'm feeling much better this afternoon. I think that nap today did me some good. Does anyone here like lamb? My mom would fix it every now and then growing up and I really disliked it. I was reading though that certain cuts can be very lean so I decided to cook a small roast for tonight. Lots of rosemary and a little bourbon sace came with it. It smelled good but can't say that I like the taste at all. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. I cooked it at a low temperature for a long time so it did turn out tender.

Time to whip up some milkshakes for the little monsters ~ Joan
Old 01-23-2008, 08:21 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/115

Height: 5'3''

Hey, everyone! Just checking in to see how everyone is doing.

Hang in there Rooster! You can do it!
Cardfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 09:04 PM   #29  

Height: 5' 7"

Hey everyone just a quick hi - - - "Hi!"

Lauren good luck, I am sure you will have done fine. Give Peter our love and congrats.

Joan, you are a better woman than I to have lasik. No way, Jose!!

Karen, it was soo good to see you again. I was begining to think you fell off the face of the earth.

to everyone else, I might check in later

Lisa

P.S. Roo, you know better than to expect miricles on the first week. It will come in time, you didn't put the weight on in a week or two ~ why are you expecting it to come off in a week or two?
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 09:06 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

evening all..well i made it home safely,..barely. I only got about 6 hr of sleep last night so it made for a long/tiring drive. I did stop at the GA/FL border for a 15 min cat nap because i was falling asleep at the wheel. After the nap though i felt great. I had fun last night with the girls...hence the lack of sleep. I sort of caught up...but if i forget someone..i'm sorry.

Lilgurl - i'm a big fan..however i don't think my DH would allow me to have a gator bathroom LOL

lois - sorry to hear about the dog bite...she may be protective or just very hungry after pups LOL

roo - hope you feel better

hope everyone else is doing well..i'm going to head off to bed..i'm exhauseted
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote