Old 01-22-2008, 07:06 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 7"

Default 30 Somethings Daily Chat 1/22

Hello all,

Alicia, no not more hours necessarily. I am gaurenteed 32 hours a week though. Plus I get a raise of over 2 dollars. I cant remember which week it was, but I was scheduled 18. I can't make my bills on that. Now that Christmas and inventory is over, it looks to be die-ing down. I just have to learn 1/2 of my new department. (the other half is womens world)

Joan, congrats on the bike. My mom used one at the gym. She loved it, and it also helped with her fibromyalgia.

Speaking of fibromyalgia, Hanna are you still with us? How is Sean doing? Hope you are feeling better.

to everyone else, sorry it's still early and my mind is still in bed.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 07:47 AM   #2  
Strong to the finish!

S/C/G: 295/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

Just stopping in to say hello to everyone for the day. Thanks for all the well-wishes with Kegan. He seems to bet getting much better, and he slept a little more last night. We have a snow day today, so Creed's hanging out with me watching movies until li'l bro wakes up. We have therapy today if the therapist can get here (our road gets BAD when it snows)... so I have a crazy day ahead.

Hope all of you have a good day. I'll try to check back often today, but I don't know how that's gonna work out since both of the kids will be here and cooped up.

(I know I haven't really been responding individually to everybody, but as usual, I'm reading everything when I get a chance.)

Last edited by ekstatikia; 01-22-2008 at 07:47 AM.
ekstatikia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 08:10 AM   #3  
Determined!!!

S/C/G: 275/261/150

Height: 5'

Good Morning everyone!!!

I had family in over the weekend and I am just getting back on track...ARGH! I didn't do too bad, but I didn't get any exercise in at all.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Chelavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 08:15 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 150/150/135

Height: 5'6"

Good morning!

Congrats Lisa on the new position!

Megan - happy to hear that Kegan is feeling a bit better.

DH is home this a.m. as DS has an appointment this afternoon. We will find out if DS needs to have surgery again. He had a kink in the tube between his kidney and bladder that we knew about before he was born. He had surgery at 6 mos. old to fix it. We went through some tests before Christmas to follow up and are finally getting to meet with the urologist today to see what he says. I am encouraged that the dr. has actually "invented" some procedures, etc. Our last surgery experience, etc. was in MT.

Hi to everyone else! Have a great day. Dawn
Delta Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 08:30 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Lisa ~ The wait is finally over!! Congratulations Girl!

Megan ~ don't worry about responding individually. Some days I have time to do that and somedays I don't. Not to worry. Just pop in and let us know how you're doing! Snow day, eh? It snowed last night but not enough to cancel school:-(. My kids are going to be so disappointed.

Mornin' Chela ~ welcome to 3FC!!

Delta ~ Hope that your appointment goes well this afternoon. Amazing that you knew about this while the baby was still in the womb. Thank God for modern medicine!

Time to go wake some sleepy little monsters... Hope that everyone has a great day ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 08:36 AM   #6  

Height: 5'6

good morning!!

Lisa, congrats on the promotion!! Hope it's everything you want it to be...I know the guarnateed hours will be helpful!! and the raise doesn't hurt, either!!

Alicia, we actually have the farmhouse table/chairs...they are 10 years old, and beat up, but they were cheap so it's okay. Hopefully in a few years when the kiddos are a little older, we can get a nicer one :0 I do love the pub height ones, but Cadence falls off the chairs we have now...could you imagine??

Joan..yay on the bike!! I think you will love it. Glad you had a great weekend. BTW...did you watch the debate last night?? PM me with your thoughts...

Chela..hope you had fun with your family. Don't beat yourself up, just get back on track!!

Trish...I didn't get my workout in yesterday, either, but got up early again this am & did it. If I don't get up before the kids, it usually doesn't get done. Hope things go better for you today!!

Kerry...sorry the kids gave you a hard time yesterday. Surprisingly, my kids were really good...I think cause they weren't feeling 100%...they're both fighting colds, so I guess they didn't feel like fighting each other, lol.

Dawn...good luck withe appt. today. Hope everything is good with DS. Prayers for you guys.

Megan...glad Keegan is better. Hope you enjoy the day with the boys!!

Everyone else...HEY!! Gotta go take Cadence to school...will check in later. Ohh, I got a steam mop on Sunday...been wanting on ever since I saw the infomercial. Gonna try it out today...will let you all know what I think!!

Have a super day!!

Pam
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 09:42 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 164.4/158.2/140.0

Height: 5'6 3/4

Good morning everyone, we had a two hour delay this morning and I'm getting ready to haul the kids off to school so this is gonna be quick and I'll check back later. Had a great meeting yesterday, pumped me up spiritually. So far morning is going well, just keeping my fingers crossed for the rest of the day.

Lisa, congrats on the new promotion, hope it goes well for you!

Cardfan, if Albert leaves I'll shrivel up and die, the shrivel I could handle just not ready for the die part.

Joan, the hill workouts on the recumbents are AWESOME. Also, if you think about keeping your tummy tight while you're riding it does some fantastic toning.

You guys are the best I'll be back later, Trish
CCmomof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 10:56 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Pam ~ I've never heard of a steam mop... what kind of surfaces can you use it on? Can you believe that I didn't watch the debate last night??? It got to be a very busy evening; one of the kids got sick and that took up much of my evening. I did watch a few clips this morning via internet.

Trish ~ thanks for the tip about holding my stomach in. My ab muscles need a workout in every way shape or form LOL. I just did my first workout this a.m. and I really like the bike. The first program was too easy so I switched to the next one and encountered some hills ~ very cool! What I really like is that it's so easy on my back. You have lower back problems too, right? Mine all started with the epidural that I got while having my third child. They jabbed me in the wrong spot and had to start all over again. I've had back problems ever since.

Time to go check on my sick patients. DH is home from work today with a bad cold. He never takes sick time so he must be feeling seriously puny. My little one is under the weather as well. Talk to everyone later ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 11:04 AM   #9  

S/C/G: Unhealthy/see ticker/happy

Height: 5ft 9in

Talking Good Morning

. I am so tired today, I think its the weather. Anyway, I moved today at the gym , 20 minutes on elliptical and then abs. Crazy busy day again today, with homework, housework, get DD and teammates to her B-ball tournament , then off to school for me. Home later to finish a heavy discussion/arguement with hubby, then make lunch and bed-. I am not prepared for class so I may not post to everyone, please don't be hurt.
Eating not ontrack again, I swear there is a button me that once it's launched it can't be turned off, amd its triggered by a little cookie, and then I just go crazy. I need help!!

lppennington-congrats on th J-O-B.

ekstatikia-its snowing here in Ontario also, its pretty but slippery.

Chelavon- take today to back on track-good luck.

Delta Daw- good luck at the DR.

Hi to everyone else and have a great day.
scrappinRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 11:28 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

morning all..just a quick hi. The conference runs until tomorrow. So far most of the lecutures have been great and i've learned alot. I think scrappinrn asked what i do...i'm a veterinarian...and i'm at a confernece for my annual continuing education that i have to do in order to keep my license valid. I'll be leaving here tomorrow afternoon. not looking forward to the drive...but that's life. Tonight i'm going out dancing with some friends. Hope everyone is well...bye!
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 12:11 PM   #11  
Strong to the finish!

S/C/G: 295/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

Pam and Trish and Chela - hi there!

Dawn - I hope all is well with DS. I will keep him in my prayers. Knowing you have a well-informed and inventive, highly respected doctor must certainly be a comfort, as you said.

Joan - Hope little one and DH feel better soon. Glad you had fun with your workout!

scrappinRN - When I have times like that in my life where I'm set off by one little nibble, I do my best to pre-plan my day... I make a list of all of the things I'll eat the next day and do not deviate from it no matter WHAT. I check them off as I go and it helps me stay on track. It has taken me a year to really be 'okay' with doing things this way though... I am a food addict and sometimes I would rather eat everything in my kitchen for comfort than just tough it out. Best wishes to you for controlling that nibbling, girl. I understand!!!

GG - Have fun dancing!

I'll be back later.

Last edited by ekstatikia; 01-22-2008 at 12:13 PM.
ekstatikia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 12:28 PM   #12  
KAR

Good Afternoon All,
Today has been a busy day already for me. I got up this morning and did my workout. There was no snow on the ground at that time. Got my shower and was getting dressed when I saw on the tv that two schools in my area were on two-hour delays. So I looked out the window and saw that the snow was coming down and it was covering the ground. It was only about an hour from the time I got up and looked out. It took me an half hour to get to work this morning. I got here just as my kids were getting off the bus. So I have been busy every since with them. They have all been really good and quiet today. So I guess I should be thankful for that since it is coming back from a long weekend usually is toture. I have TOPS tonight. So I am hoping that I have a loss tonight. I have been really good with my working out and what I eat. So please keep your fingers crossed! I will let you all know this evening. Enough about me!
Holli I hope that feel better today. I wonder if you had a case of the Winter Blues. Do something that will cheer you up and take your mind off your depression. Like read a book, take a walk or watch a movie.
Alicia, hope you can find a part-time job soon. I bet you are glad to have everyone back in school or work today. Hope you enjoy your nice quiet house today.
Joan glad that you enjoyed your bike workout this morning. I bet that made you feel so much better.
Megan enjoy your day. Hope it isn't too busy for you that you don't get your workout in.
Trish hope you continue to have a good day!
Dawn good luck with your ds's doctor appointment this afternoon. Keep us posted about the outcome of it.
GG glad your confernence is going well. Have fun tonight with your friends! Have a safe drive home tomorrow.
Lisa congrats on the promotion! The added hours and the raise will keep out a lot won't they? Enjoy your day at work!
Hi to everyone else. I will chat with you all later. Have to go back to teaching now. My kids recess is over now. So I have to do math with them.
Have a great afternoon!
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 01:01 PM   #13  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Kerry, good luck at the Tops tonight. You sure have been getting your exercise in so I am sure it will be good!

Pam, I'm interested in what a steam mop is myself. I just spent all morn mopping (just the upstairs). Did you and the kids go out last night?

Patricia, have fun going out with your friends. Also have a safe drive back, how far is it?

Dawn, good luck at the Drs.

Lisa, I know what you mean about the hrs. When I was working retail, part time, one week I think they only gave me 3 hours. I was like, why bother.

Hello everyone else!

I weighed in today. Well Monday is my day, but I forgot it was Monday, lol. Anyways, the scale keeps going up and down and up. This week its down 3lbs. I am not excited because I don't feel I did anything to deserve it. I am gonna go and workout before I have to pick up the kiddos.

Talk later,
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 01:08 PM   #14  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All!

WOW, the morning flew by! That's a good thing!

Lisa, CONGRATS!

Alicia, I'm with you, scale is bouncing back and forth.

Joan, OK, you didn't mention the sour cream and shredded cheddar before! Hey, you still coulda done worse!!

Holli, Still feeling down? Weren't you waiting for AF? I'm sending you her way today!

Gotta run! Check in later! Oh, maybe not, I'm picking mom up from the hospital tonight, she's going home!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 02:11 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 164.4/158.2/140.0

Height: 5'6 3/4

Hey Hey Hey

I got my workout in this morning and I'm feeling pretty good, think tonight during TBL I'll do some more. I always feel on top of the world when I'm done, so why don't I make that the top priority for my day every day? My knee feels like its about to go out on me again though. I had surgery on it twice in the last year and I think I'm looking at it again before this year is out, but I'll hold off til I just can't take it anymore.

Joan, I have a "stress fracture" in my L-5 vertebrae. They told me it would never heal due to the amount of pressure that part of our back has to deal with on a daily basis. I fully believe it came from the work I was doing, lots of bouncing on a forktruck, twisting, bending, heavy lifting, I worked on a dock in a factory. Even my doctors and surgeons said thats where it happened, but work saw it differently they said it was probably because I played sports in High School. I'm okay with it though, if they had claimed responsibility for it they would have already hacked on me a few times and I'd probably be in even worse shape than I am now. It was an adjustment to lose that much income though thats the only real bummer, cause at least now I'm home with my kids and I always know where they are. I didn't have too much trouble with my spinals when I had the kids (all 5 were c-sect. yuck!). With my second one I did leave this world for a few seconds they said but I'm still here now so its okay, however that is the only one that I had a monster of a headache from,hmmmmmmmm

Alicia, listen girl, 3 lbs. is 3 lbs. take it. Just think, if you don't feel you worked hard enough for it how much better it will be when you really feel like you have busted your rump.

Lauren, FANTASTIC! I'm glad she's coming home, both of you need to take it easy for a day or so, No Stress.

GG, oh to go out dancing with the girls, seems so long ago, enjoy!!!!!

I forgot who asked me about the pumpkin muffins , I guess I can go back and look, if you would like me to PM that to you I can so everyone else doesn't have to read recipes, let me know. Check with ya'll later, buhbye Trish
CCmomof5 is offline   Reply With Quote