Old 01-18-2008, 12:22 PM   #16  
Strong to the finish!

S/C/G: 295/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

Ugh! No time for specifics today, ladies! Sorry! I'll catch up tomorrow if I can. Things are insane around here since everyone's feeling bad.

My meeting yesterday was fine, the therapy session was great. The OT had a girl in training who came with her and it was short, sweet, to the point. Kegan did REALLY well with the new tasks she brought to him.

I plan on sittting around watching for noses that need to be wiped today. I can't do anything else when the kids are sick, they need their momma. I am a needy ill person who has taught them how to be needy when they're sick. lol - I am such a whiny, clingy baby when I don't feel good. I should probably work on that. Ha!

If I can make it on tonight to check in, I will. If not, please know I'm sending willpower vibes to everyone. I can't wait to weigh in Sunday! I took a new pic today. I am so stunned by the difference! Talk to you all later!

Have a fabulous day, peeps!
ekstatikia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 12:28 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 174/160/140

Height: 5' 2"

Default Fridayyyyyy!

Hi Ladies. Wow, reading todays posts is like a roller coaster ride in Dizzy land!
I'm up....I'm down... So glad it's friday. We all need a break- except I guess some of us dont get a break just because it's the weekend. If only kids had a power switch, or even just a power level switch.
I don't know how mine survived me to tell the truth.

Joan, I don't mind the questions. We have about 6-7 months of winter with snow and the works. I feel like it was easier to get used to the cold than the heat(cause the body has a way of keeping itself warm) and our average summer temp is 67.
I will write more when I have more time. I am doing good with my dieting, staying on track thanks to my new friend- ricotta cheese.

Laters
dangergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 12:47 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Pam ~ I finished on the computer and was fixing the girls lunch when I realized that I didn't answer you ... sorry! Brigid is the Gaelic/Irish spelling. We call her "Bridie" for short (Irish nickname for Brigid).

Diana ~ my dad was 56 when I was born. His birthday on July 4th and he is truly remarkable. Up until this past summer he put in a 2 acre garden. Just within the last six months or so he started using a cane. Mentally he's sharp as a tack. My folks still live in the house where I grew up and I am so grateful as God has been good to them. My mom is 80 and she still cooks and cleans the place. The cleaning is not good. They refuse to hire someone to help them so my sisters and I try and help out. Unforunately, we can't do it on a regular basis and they have a very large house so things are looking shabby.

Danger ~ What do you do with ricotta cheese? Do you eat it straight or put it in things? Enjoy your weekend ~ stay warm!

Time to go pick up the big kids from school. Later...
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 02:11 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 174/160/140

Height: 5' 2"

Default ricotta cheese

Well Joan, I'm glad you asked. I mix FF SF jello pudding mix into two cups of low fat ricotta and spread it in a pie plate or square baker. Chill in the fridge for a few hours and cut into 1/4 cup servings. All the richness and flavor of cheesecake, 85 -90 calories. if you want to get really decadent, cut into one inch cubes and roll in coconut or dip in chocolate.
keeps me feeling like I'm not depriving myself and makes it easier to stay off bread, fice and fried things.
dangergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 02:24 PM   #20  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Just had to pop in and say....IT'S SLEETING HERE!!! We NEVER...and I mean never....get winter precipitation. My son is 9 and has seen snow twice in his life....the second time didn't really count, as it only stuck to vehicles for just maybe an hour, nothing on the ground to play in. It always snows all around us, never on us. IT's SO EXCITING! Even if it is sleet, it's better than the "just rain" that we always end up with. I'm giddy with happiness...even though they're not expecting anything to stick...the kids will still think it's fun.

Gotta run.....still tons to do! Have a GREAT weekend everyone!
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 04:28 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 150/150/135

Height: 5'6"

Alicia and Pam - I did get a chance to workout after arguing with my child over who would get to use the step! DS did the stretches with me at the end - way too cute! He is definitely mimmicking. Sorry to hear about the computer and oven, Alicia. I am sorry that you are having a tough day.

Joan - hope that you have a good time with your folks.

Danger - I haven't thought of using ricotta for something sweet - I always make my stuffed shells with it. Your cheesecake sounds yummy!

Diana - sounds you did great at the restaurant yesterday. Me not so much. We had gift cards to Chipotle. After eating and then reading the nutritional info, I don't think I will be eating there again anytime soon.

Hi Eksta, Hanna, Trish, Lauren, Lisa, Holli and anyone else I am missing.

My parents are arriving tonight - they called this a.m. So, once DS wakes up I need to finish vacuuming, mopping, and then shower and run to the store for more food. It supposed to so cold tomorrow that I don't think we will be leaving the house. They are saying you can frostbite with any skin exposed at all. Yikes!

Have a good night!!
Delta Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 04:46 PM   #22  
Determined!!!

S/C/G: 275/261/150

Height: 5'

Hey all, just got a chance to stop by and say hi. WOW that HM party sounds HOT!! That is a great idea, and I love all the details. That is my favorite part too!
Chelavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 04:48 PM   #23  

Height: 5' 7"

Alicia, we ended up not doing anything. Just relaxing, which is fine.

Pam, do you have a Bon-Ton's near you? They carry Hannah Montana clothing as well as a wig so that you can look like her. I will PM you if you don't and want anything. Or if its easier, just check out their website: bonton.com or elder-beerman.com. That is the area that I currently work in and you should hear all the girls scream for HM. We have clothes for 4 - 16.

Okay have to go help with dinner. Chicken Parm w/ ravioli instead of speggetti.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 07:14 PM   #24  
Smartypants

Gator: have a safe trip!!!!!

Pam: how fun! Oh yes Hailey loves Hanna too! When I first found out, I asked Hailey "so who is Hanna Montana?" and she said "she is a girl by day and then pretends she's a star at night" and I said "ohhh so she has multiple personality disorder?" and Hailey said "yep!!!" LMAO! I mess with my kids so much....

Lauren: How are you doing girl?

Trish: yes when kids get older they do tend to understand LOL, or we make them understand; it's "survival of the fittest" LOL

Alicia: yes little puppies (and kitties) love to chew....what worked for our kitters was nail biter stuff, you know the kind that you get at Walgreens? either that or use jalapeno sauce LOL...bet they won't chew anymore...talk about hot dawg!!!

Diana: LOL thanks for the giggle! My im messenger at work says "today there is LESS of me" hahaha. I said something similar a while back when I said we are all losers - weight loss losers that is. Work was boring for me personally, I got caught playing spider solitare by the office tattletale uh oh, but I didn't have anything to do :P Sleet eh? I'm not that far away from you (one state over ) I wonder if that's heading our way cause it is really looking messy outside and rainy.....

Dawn: Wow well be careful girl, stay nice and cozy. how neat you get to see your parents; my dad doesn't even talk to me, and I rarely get to see my mom and she's only an hour away 'course I'd invite her over but she may have the creeping crud....

Chela: hope you had a marvelous day!

Lisa: sounds yummy!!!! Anything exciting happen today?

Okay now that I'm done, for anyone else I am forgetting or has not posted yet HALLOOOO to you!!! Day was okay, I feel like crap, James had to sleep onthe recliner last night cause he was sawing logs, we had a deep talk about his noncommitment to weight loss and he seemed really receptive, so I'm in prayer about that. I had a hard time going to sleep because the 'coons were on our back patio eating our squirrel food (our backyard is a forest ) Poor woodland friends gettin their food eaten by coons. And I had a panic attack, so prayed my way through that one. Today I still feel it's kinda hard to breathe, the attacks are worse when I get no sleep so James' snoring affects me more than just being tired, unfortunately. Work was boring yeahhhh. Love it when it's rainy and slow at work. So cozy. tonight the boys want to go to LAN night but the way the weather is acting I'm not so sure I want them on the road; gonna watch the weather in a sec. It's like a cold front just blasted in here, it's pitch black outside, freezing, rainy, and windy brrrrr. Weight is plateauing just like I thought it would - AF hurry up LOL! I think my body is shocked by the sudden change so that's why Aunt Flow hasn't reared her ugly head yet. that's about it...stayed on plan, feel so bad, might rent movies and snuggle with my kitties on the couch or something. Take care everybody - and remember - we are ALL losers!!!!

Megan: Awww so sorry that you and yours have the sicklies; I am a big whiner here too :shock and awe: Rest up girl, or at least try to! And I can't wait to see your pics!

Danger: oooooh ricotta cheese... blend in some splenda and fresh lime juice, or cocoa, or lemon... and then sprinkle with wheat germ ohhh so good. I think I will get some tonight - haven't had that in a long time! I also used to get the jello sugar free jello mixes and stir some in my ricotta, so wonderful. LOL I just read your next post and you already do that! Kudos!

Last edited by txangelgirl; 01-18-2008 at 10:47 PM.
txangelgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 08:18 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Holli ~ you're too funny Girl! You write one heck of a great post and remind me a little bit of MO. MO used to keep us all in stitches but she's forgotten all about us. I hear that she's being kept mighty busy with all of the MEN in her life... we miss her:-(. Sorry to read about your panic attack. I've never had one (knock on wood) but my sister says that it's the most awful feeling.

The boys are at the PineWood Derby trials tonight so it's just me and my two little girls. I've promised to watch a movie with them. I foresee them picking Ariel or some other generic Disney princess that we've seen 100,000 times. I rented "Narnia" but they're telling me that it looks too scary. Bummer. I really wanted to watch it. I sliced some cheddar cheese and apples for our snack; a very small pile of cheese and an extra large pile of apples. Cheese is a huge weakness of mine so I will try and not eat it all.... Later ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 08:38 PM   #26  
Smartypants

Hiya Joan! Well I am so glad I keep you in stitches :rubbing hands together saying "my evil plan is working, mahstarrr": Well MO sounds like a lovely gal, I am touched I remind you of someone positive, but that is too bad - so like did she lose weight and then leave or what? Yeah attacks are brutal. Now I'm not crazy (or at least that's what the voices tell me), I don't have like, social attacks where I can't leave my house or drive....best way to describe it is, it feels like someone has their hands around my neck and is trying to cut off my airway, I literally feel like I can't breathe, and very short of breath, but it's not hyperventilating or anything. And if I allow it to take me over, it gets very bad very quickly and I think that I am dying. Lately over the last two nights I've shaken uncontrollably too during them. I hate to admit it, but I really have prayed to God to spare my life during many an attack, and also said my last rites to myself. It's very very scary. I didn't start getting them til :shock: I quit smoking, which was Jan 4, 2007 (yes just celebrated my ONE YEAR anniversary hip hip hooray!!!!) Not to get gloomy here, just to explain...I started smoking right before I turned 13 because I had been raped and I was a virgin too, and a friend of mine back then offered me a smoke, saying it would help, cause I couldn't tell anyone I was so ashamed at the time, I didn't understand it wasn't my fault. So I lit up. and God help me, it did some good! So I kept doing it, over and over again, til one day I tried to quit......and couldn't. During that whole time, anytime I was under stress, I lit up; it was something I associated with relief because of the reason I started in the first place, so I don't think I ever really learned how to deal with stress. I'm still trying to learn LOL. And so when a friend told me about using a detox scrub to help my cravings when I quit this last time, it worked, and I was successful after about a gazillion million babillion quit attempts. And I was so happy....but sometimes I feel like I traded one bad thing for another ya know. It's like, I stripped myself of my stress crutch, and felt like a fish out of water so when stress hit shortly after, BAM I was diagnosed with panic attacks. I had never had an attack before, and my first time, I literally felt myself leaving my body and floating upwards.... I tried to wake James up but no sound would come out of my mouth cause I was trying so hard to get back in my body. I succeeded (obviously) but ever since I had another reason besides stress to fear an attack - the fear of an attack like that again. HUMPH! 'Xcuse me Lord, but damned if I do and damned if I don't

Anyway, I like TOTALLY whizzed out there hahaha, sorry to go on and on and on -but I do hope I can fill a special place in your hearts that soothes your aching feeling for MO and it feels so good to know my posts help you all smile. Take care, and don't touch anymore of that cheese!!!!!!
Old 01-18-2008, 09:27 PM   #27  
KAR

Evening All,
Just dropping in for a quick hello! Survived my day. But it was not a pleasant one. Made for a long day from [email protected]#&! Came home to a sick dss and two whiny dss and dsd. Need to just relax in my bedroom and read for a little bit before going to bed. The only highlight of my day is that my bender ball is on it's way to my house. I am hoping that I get it tomorrow or Monday.
Sounds like everyone had a good day! Hope you all have a great evening! I will check back in with you all tomorrow when I am able to sit for a long period and concentrate. Had to sit through 5.5 hours of meetings today.
Have a good night!
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 10:05 PM   #28  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Holli, lol, you do kind of remind of MO. She would make up the best names. Chocolate dipped.... Honey covered.... Muffin top..... When I think of Mo Bacon comes to mind. LOL. Yeah, she doesn't love us anymore. Come to think of it, she just made me plain ole hungry. BTW, you heard of Sulphur Spings?

Kerry, hope you have time to recuperate this weekend.

Joan, my DD was crazy about Narnia when it came out a few years back. I also enjoyed the movie very much. I think there is a sequal coming out soon. She was never into anything Disney. BTW, I know what your talking about with your parents house and getting help. My grandparents house is in such disrepair. But, they are very stubborn people.

Didn't workout today. We did go to the outlet mall which is alot of walking. Tomorrow I'm planning to be OFF plan. Going to the mall in Charlotte and gonna buy some jewelry, lol. Then out to dinner at Logan's Roadhouse. So much for saving the $$$ huh?

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
Alicia

Last edited by lois lane; 01-18-2008 at 10:07 PM.
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 10:42 PM   #29  
Smartypants

you forgot "sugah plum" ROTFLMAO Sulphur Springs??? :scratches head in wonder: yes yes I know Sulphur Spraaaaangs!!! :shakes head furiously: Now how far is that from Spring? :leans forward in anticipation: Fellow Texan here yeehawwww. Okay that was a bit much. Seriously, most people online think I am a big "colored" woman right, and a hick one at that LMAO...I just let 'em stew, and don't say a word hahaha. Then of course when people see my pic, they're like "uhhh those two don't go together" Too funny. that truly sucks about MO, but girls, maybe it's just as well....if she made you hungry, and makes you think of bacon, maybe I can help us find new fun in....sprouts? Okay maybe not, how's about fresh mango smoothies? MMMMMMMM gooooood. Yummo. I might try a protein shake with some mango jello mix ahhh, now that right thar's a plan stan. wonder if it'll be good... shall see. Well I will not disappear after I get on goal, you all are permanently stuck with me :erupts in evil laughter: This site and now you girls, I just can't believe how wonderful everybody is here. It just astounds me beyond belief. you all really do touch my heart. And I am like, so totally honored man :that's my valley girl impression:, and I really love each day with you guys, just getting to know ya more and more, and slowly coming out of my own closet too. what a great group we have here. 30 Somethings ROCKS!

ho hum well I feel like I need to go to Kroger but the question is for.....what? I forgot. Don'tcha hate it when that happens? And Alicia dear, ENJOY that cow!!!!! Thoroughly girl! you have to celebrate your 1 lb loss hee hee hee Treats are nice, I haven't had one yet. I have a Guiltless Gourmet bananas foster cake in the pantry with my name written ALL over it (yes ladies - literally), but that is for my ten lb mark, and I got 3.5 to go yeah!!!! Oh and "the boys" refers to James my fiance who is 30 yrs (yes I am the older woman) and Corey my 13 yr old, both of which are die hard Battlefield addicts; they have ventrillo and everything. James is just like a big kid, and they are two peas in a pod, so thus coined the phrase "da boyzzz" And they are shivering their arses off in the garage playing - men can be so ******ed sometimes. It is almost 35 degrees here! Okay I'm really going now.... bye for now!!!!!

:WARNING -AHA MOMENT APPROACHING: I remembered what I need..... ricotta cheeeeeeeeez!!!! Yeahhhhh. Oh and romaine lettuce, I am so feelin a salad - well maybe not a salad, just romaine lettuce and roasted red pepper italian dressing... okie dokie I'm off!

Last edited by txangelgirl; 01-18-2008 at 10:56 PM.
Old 01-19-2008, 12:00 AM   #30  

Height: 5' 7"

Alicia, I might not be Mo, but here is my best shot. You are like a cheesecake drizzed with chocolate and caramel sauce. Sorry about your doggies chewing up your hubbys cord, I would def. buy a couple of new ones and coat them in something nasty.

Kerry, sorry your day was soo long and horrible. Hopefully your step children will be better and you can have a peaceful day tomorrow.

I had a good laugh at work tonight (actually a couple). Had to scan all the string bikinies (sp?) and so on. One of the older ladies came over and said to me, "You would only see a little bit and the rest would be hidden in the fat rolls and the crotch would be so far up my rear". (Sorry if TMI) I explained that they weren't meant to be worn for very long and she said that was a good thing. She wouldnt move and have to have her husband come help take it off. (Again sorry if its TMI)

Well I think I am off to bed. I can sleep in tomorrow, lets see if I do.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote