Old 01-17-2008, 01:01 PM   #16  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

dangergirl, hip waders???? Sorry about your allergic reaction!

Pam, I have one workout video, it's Denise Austin's bootcamp. I get a pretty good workout from it for now. I want to get a couple more also so that I don't get to bored doing the same thing. Maybe a yoga or pilates and then something else.

Joan, when I wished for a snow day (which yes we got) I didn't recall the fact they also have Fri and Mon off. So they will have a 5 day weekend. So yeah we'll be sleeping in for a few days, lol. I have no carpet in my house, all hardwoods and vinyl. All I do is sweep and mop, lol. I guess when there is carpet all the dirt gets "lost". Not with hard surfaces, just sits there and looks at ya. Oh and speaking of Trader Joes, they have one in Charlotte. So I am going to have to make a trip one day.

Dawn, I'm still unpacking myself. I have some boxes still in the dining room, some have made it to the basement, some have made it to the storage room. When my ds was 2 I tried taking him to the library reading program. I do not think we were welcome back. Yeah, he's special.

Beahmomma, welcome back, congrats on the loss, esp during the holiday.

Adah, hello, welcome back also.

Megan, good luck with the meeting.

Trish, happy birthday to the little one, now where is his fav place to go? Oh and slow down girl.

Kerry sounds like a long day, hang in there. Good for you for getting in your walk.

We also got some snow last night. No school. Reminds me of "home" Of course the snow here is different somehow. Kids are bored already. DD wants to go to the mall, but I'm trying not to spend. We'll see if she wears me down. I haven't worked out yet. Trying to get DD to do it with me, doesn't look to thrilled at the idea though.

Have a great rest of the day everyone!
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 01:23 PM   #17  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Okay everyone....I'm kinda in a tizzy!! DH wants to go eat fried catfish tonight. I don't think I did too well last night at supper...had spaghetti....I had two plates!!!!!! I may seriously overdo if we eat out tonight. The good thing is I'll have til Tuesday to recover. I'm sooo hungry!!!

No time for individual updates...I'm at work today. Gotta lot to do. Hope everyone has an awesome day!
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 01:30 PM   #18  

Height: 5'6

Danger...a Cattle Company?? Haven't been to one of those in 20 years!!! They don't have them here in PA..we used to always go there after high school dances and stuff. YUMMY!!! Hope you enjoy, and that your lips are deflated enough that you can chew properly lol!!

Eks and Joan...I saw Dr. Oz talking aobut neti pots last year on Oprah...I got one, and my what a difference it makes. Haven't had to use it in a while, probably in the spring it will be getting a workout, hehe. Give it a try!!
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 01:31 PM   #19  
Smartypants

Hey ladies! I don't have long, i'm on lunch but wanted to pop in and say I am thinking about you!!! I woke up this morning to a 3/4 lb loss, so now I am 227.2 hooray!!! Wow it's great to start each day with less of me LOL! Man I am so happy. James kept me up til 2am last night from his snoring... that is the third night in a row. Any of you have experience in this area, other than kicking your DH/SO out? I will come back when I get home from work - here's hoping everybody has a great day today!!!
txangelgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 01:48 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 164.4/158.2/140.0

Height: 5'6 3/4

Just thought I would pop in while I'm taking my lunch break before I start back in on housework. We're having some of little man's friends over Sat. to play as part of his birthday, so I'm cleaning the house up a little extra. Does that even make sense? Its my OCD, can't help it.
I Feel GREAT!!!!!!! I got on the treadmill and ran for 2.5 miles and then did another 40 min of strength training, I'm so pumped I don't know what to do with myself.

danger, you are killing me! Angelina Jolie huh, thats one serious reaction!

Alicia, little man loves the Amish buffet up the road from us, he believes that the noodles help him to hit baskets and homeruns, we don't go too often, and he doesn't usually get the two of us to himself, so he was happy, plus he got to pick out a new bike while we were out last night.

Dawn, my youngest used to love getting in her toy box to play too, she would dump everything out and then get in, she fell asleep in it one day, I have a picture , its hilarious. Seems so long ago, but was only about a year and half ago, she's growing too fast.

Eks, I too get migraines, I have tried everything, my husband took me to the hospital about a year ago, he was freaked out cause it was the worst one I had had since we have been together. They gave my sooooo many different drugs, I told them it wouldn't work I finally told them to knock me out and let me sleep through it. I don't have them nearly as often as I used to though, part of my problem several years ago was the person I was married to, that problem is thankfully gone.

Joan, I have other names for DH, depends on how nice he is. IF you know what I mean?

Hey there to the newbies and returnies, looking forward to sharing and supporting with you.

Check back later, time to clean again.
CCmomof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 01:55 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

I think that Lisa (from this board) mentioned the neti pot months ago. Lisa, you can correct me if I'm wrong (?). Anyway, I've been using it since the first of January and I can't recall having sinus problems since then. I haven't had that feeling of pressure for weeks (yeah!).

Danger ~ Girl, you are too much. So funny! You must fill us in here.... how did you convince that bachelor mountain man of yours to settle down and marry? He sounds like one of my brothers. He's 46, never married, and his idea of shopping is to go the local Orscheln store (farm supply store). I remember some of his gifts fondly from years ago when I was still living at home. Nothing quite says, love, like say... carthartt overalls:-).

Alicia ~ 4 day weekend (now 5)??? We only get Monday off. I like having the kids at home but during the winter months they do tend to get bored fast. Like you, I'm trying to avoid the mall. The two oldest want us to go see "Water Horse" tomorrow at the mall but I'm trying to watch the $$$ these days. We don't go to the show that often but by the time I buy tickets and snacks I'll have spent $30-$40.00. Yikes. I can't imagine what it'd be if I got them all individual popcorns (!).

Diana ~ avoid the fried fish! It's sounds so good and will taste even better so it's best to not even step foot in the place.

Holli ~ you're shrinking ~ way to go! Regarding snoring partners... ??? DH used to snore big time but ever since he's been running on a regular basis (3 years now) no more snoring. Does he sleep on his back? Have him start sleeping on his side and he's less likely to snore.

Pam ~ I get bored with my exercise too. I try to mix it up but nothing beats getting outside to exercise. That is, when the weather is nice.

Floors are clean and I've got the third load of laundry in the machine. Mundane chores but sure does feel good to get them done. I hate clutter and can't stand it when the house is messy. Makes me feel completely disorganized. Later all ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 01:59 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Trish ~ yep, I know *exactly* what you mean;-). My DH truly is a dear... 90% of the time. That other 10% though, I'm thinking of a whole different adjective;-).
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 03:00 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

hi every one!
I woke up very late today 11 am, I took something to help me sleep last night and it worked great! (temazpan) I hate taking drugs but sometimes it is well worth it.
I don't have much time to post individually, I have to go to pick Sean up from school we are meeting w/the therapist for the fist time in about a month, I need to ask her what is the purpose of of going to see her, I don't want to be offensive, but I don't see why I am driving there every week. Nothing seems to be helping, Sean got very agressive this AM w/teachers again kicking punching and throwing things. We can't figure it out.

Lauren I am glad your mom is doing better. I will keep you in my prayers for sure, I don't know about your ? about the less time to play and run around cause of the season, nothing makes sense right now.

Kerry I hope your legs are doing better

Trish happy birthday to your littlw one, where did you go for dinner?

Dangergirl you lighten up my day w/your posts you are too funny!

CCmomo you need a good relaxing weekend!

Holli it is great you are loosing a little bit at a time!!! very healthy sorry about the snoring dh, mine is the same way, I insited about 10 yrs ago he had a procedure done for it, he had sleep apnea, but after he did have the surgery it didn't improve, is sux! the surgery I should say the revcovery was ****, I wish I never had asked him to do it.

Diana I don't like cat fish, I am trying to stay away from fried food! have a good day today!

Alicia

Beachmoma I thought you were in CA weren't you? good to have you back!

milleradah we are here for you, a lot of us have been on the same place, on the wagon and off of it, we are here to support you, don't disappear!

dwnszme what gym did you go to? just curious!

Ok so much for not posting individual posts! LOL,

I got to get ready to go to San Diego!!!

Hanna

Megan sorry for the misunderstanding about the stoke. I hope your migrain goes away! I hate does! used to get them every time TOM came to visit, since my hysterectomy I hardly ever get them but still do don't know why, for me it could just be all the stress.

Pam it is great you take turns for playdates!
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 03:15 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 150/150/135

Me again - DS went down for nap and I am not motivated to do much else right now.

Alicia - I had to laugh when mentioned storytime. We were new this last week and everyone else has been going there all year, I think. I got a couple nasty looks from other moms when my child did not sit still. He is 20 mos. old, but tall for his age, so I think people expect him to act a certain way.

Danger - hope that the steak goes better than the shellfish. All of our Cattle Company restaurants closed in MN about 3 years ago. Now I am hungry for steak!

Congrats on the loss, Holli!

Trish - I need you to come clean my house. I don't feel like doing it and my parents are coming to see the house for the first time. My stepmom cleans for her cleaning people, so I know I need to clean well.

Hi Hanna!

I did a Cathe step video today since I didn't like what was on FitTv. She was pretty tame on this one that came with my step. I have tried to follow some of her advanced step stuff and usually end up tripping myself!!

I think we will be holed up most of the weekend - it supposed to be --35 windchill Saturday and not near 20 degrees until next Thursday...yuck.

Hello to everyone else.
Delta Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 04:44 PM   #25  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hanna, DUH, it just hit me that you're in So. Cal., so you dont' have the "cooped up inside in the winter" issue!

Holli, Mine snores when he sleeps in his right side...facing me! Thankfully he usually sleeps on his left side, but when he does it, I nudge him until he turns over. Sometimes I have to actually wake him up!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 05:42 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 194/191/125

Height: 5'2

I cannot figure out this ticker thing...how do you get it on there? Also, I noticed in a message from either yesterday or Tuesday you all were looking for someone else to keep track of weights....I know I'm new here but I was going to offer...we have a "biggest loser" contest at my work every year and I have a spreadsheet that keeps up with your % of weight loss every week, so if you all want me to do it i can. I'm already keeping track of my own on there. Hope everyone has a good night!
Also, happy2be, it was a local gym here in northwest arkansas, not a chain...
dwnszme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 05:43 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 174/160/140

Height: 5' 2"

Default how I came to alaska and wound up married again

Ok, For those who want to know, I used to live in...(I feel so dirty just saying it) Las Vegas -Blech! I was Married to possibly the laziest man on earth. No one at my job liked me,(I'm kind of hard to like cause...i don't lie) so you can imagine how happy I was. I am a huge believer in Karma, so I was one of those people who blamed themself for every bad thing that happened to them. I took my lumps and tried to stick it out. One day I was having an arguement with my husband at the time and I wound up on the bed with him on top of me and his hand around my throat. He had murder in his eyes. I left. I went to stay with my best friend. Her brother, who I had known thru talking on the phone for years, had called while I was there. We talked and I told him of my plans to leave my husband. My friend said that was the most her brother ever called her; the time I was there. Over the next 6 months we talked almost every night until 2 am. I was working two jobs and he had to get uo at 4:30 every morning!.
My husband started stalking me and harrassing my daughter when I wasn't home, So I decided to leave the state. My friend's brother asked me to come to Alaska. So, sight unseen and no clue what I was getting into, I put all of my most precious possessions into storage, and my daughter and I hopped a plane to Anchorage. From the minute I stepped off that plane and into his arms I felt forgiven of everything wrong I had ever done. I haven't looked back. half of my family has cut me off-half of my family thinks my current husband is an Angel.
I was brought home to a one room cabin. My daughter spent the last two years of her child hood with no room of her own. but we made it work.
I have had more adventures and lived more of my life in the four years I have been here, than the whole rest of my life up til then. I even called my mom and asked her why she never told me I was an Alaskan. When I was a little girl playing Barbie... My barbie lived in a lincoln log cabin, drove a Jeep C-J 7 and was married to GI joe. I am living my dream. Since I moved here I have been to places that can only be gotten to by hiking straight up, or long distance. I learned to drive(in the snow and ice...in a truck as old as me...with bad steering and good breaks(so I could break into a skid I couldnt steer out of).) But, the seat did not adjust, so I could only reach the accellerator to about 45 MPH-which of course pissed off every one behind me. I have been bear hunting and moose hunting, I got my first Caribou 2 years ago, I have been fishing on the ocean, I have snow machined 100 miles, I have hiked 7 miles just to go fishing, I have eaten wild blueberrys right off the bush. I have so much peace in my heart now, people hate me and don't know why.
My husband had been single for 18 years. I don't know why he asked me to marry him. I didn't feel a need to. Maybe he was afraid of losing me if I wasn't committed to him. He holds marriage to mean just that. He's like me(hard to like. I found out recently that if you tell the truth, you are mean.) Any way, I love my grouchy old mountain man. I know hip waders is not the most romantic or thoughtful gift to most women, but when you consider the high reguard in which my husband holds my personal comfort and his desire to spend time with me doing something he loves, I consider that to be a most thoughtful gift.
dangergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 06:41 PM   #28  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

dangergirl, thanks for sharing with us. I don't know how anyone could "hate" you. I enjoy your posts so much. You are very funny. I had to ask hip waders, seriously because I don't think I know exactly what a hip wader is. You seem to live a very adventuous life, more than I could handle, lol. I am glad that you have found your soulmate, you seem very happy.

Hello Hanna!

Well I did get DD to do about half a workout with me. She wasn't giving it her all though. Also, she kept making me laugh and I thought i was going to lose my balance. So I very lovingly told her to "get lost." Lol

Hope everyone is having a good evening!
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 06:42 PM   #29  

Height: 5' 7"

Joan, what good memory you have. I did actually mention that at the time of Oprah's show. I didn't use an actual Netti Pott, I tried it first with a tea pot. at the memory. While the tea pot didn't exactly work ~ it did clear it out for a while. (Nozzle was too big) We also just had an article in our local paper about it.

Kerry, where in the snow belt did you live? Sorry you have to be at school that long on a Friday.

Well I had my interview today. It was (hmm) bad, but at the same time good. I know that doesn't make sense, but long story short ~ the district manager said that I am not ready for the promotion ~ yet. Maybe in 6 mos. to a year. He would like to see me promoted, but to a step below where I was originally trying to go. It would still be a pay raise and more hours and I would learn the stuff that would have already been expected to know if I started the other program. So basicly ~ I need a little more time and then I will be ready.

After I the interview I went to HR and told them what he said and my HR Manager said, "Okay we will put you in that position, period." Not many people in the store like her ~ but to me she and the store manager have been wonderful. (Cause I work hard every day that I show up and work extra)

Well going to go do something fun with mom, check in later.

to everyone.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 07:06 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 174/160/140

Height: 5' 2"

Default hip waders

Alicia, Hip waders, or also chest waders, is a waterproof garment(all the way from the toes to the arm pits or hips depending on what you get. They are fro wearing into the water when you go fishing. They are very good for Delta type rivers because you have to go a ways in semi shallow water to ge to the deeper water where the fish are. My husband loves to fish and waders are required. He likes me to fish with him, but I usually sit on shore and cheer him on because I donot currently own any waders. My caboose is too big. the ones that fit my caboose are too big for my feet and I flop around like Ronald MacDonald. I have lost some, but not enough yet. Maybe by spring.
Also there is subsistance fishing up here when the salmon come in from the ocean. So we stand in the water at the mouth of the spawning river and hold a 5' net out and try to get 35 salmon for our smoker and freezer. I usually get relegated to gutting duty, but this year I want to fish.
dangergirl is offline   Reply With Quote