3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   30-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings-57/)
-   -   30 Somethings Wed. Jan 16th Daily Thread (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings/131524-30-somethings-wed-jan-16th-daily-thread.html)

lppennington 01-16-2008 06:49 AM

30 Somethings Wed. Jan 16th Daily Thread

good morning all,

Just a quick post before heading off to work. I know today is going to be a busy day ~ it is Senior Day. Anyone who shops that is over 55 will get a discount. Those old ladies will run you down with a cart if you aren't moving fast enough for them and you are in their way. :lol3: I know I've had it happpen to me.

Here is a quick update about the possible promotion. I have yet another interview (I think I mentioned that), and it could be as early as today or as late as tomorrow. Hopefully its today cause I look cute. Which reminds me ~ I have to put cover up under my eyes.

I need to get my butt moving and do some exersizing. Didn't get much done this week so far. Someone please give me a kick.

Well have to pack my lunch and head off to work. Catch y'all later.

Lisa

KAR73 01-16-2008 07:02 AM

Morning Everyone,
Hope you all have a wonderful day today! I have done my 2 mile walking video and an now cooling off before heading to the shower to get ready for work. Going back to a normal routine with my kids today since we don't have a two hour delay or anything. Yeah! Nothing really exciting here going on. Just trying to keep up the motivation after losing 4.25 pounds last night at TOPS.
Lisa hope you enjoy your day at work, even though it is Senior Day. I am sure you will be very helpful to one or more Seniors who really need your help. Here is a kick in the hindy to get moving and do a little excerise this week. Good luck with your interview. I will say positive thoughts for you.
Hi to everyone else! Will try to check back in later. Have to go and get ready for work now. Have a wonderful day of being OP and getting some excerise in!
Take care,
Kerry

ekstatikia 01-16-2008 07:12 AM

Hey, everyone! I hope you all understand that some days I just don't have the time to reply individually to everyone... but I always come and read everyone's posts and pray for those who need it and wish I had time to type out a response or a word of encouragement to everyone. I really admire the ladies who are able to do that each day! You all keep us going! :)

Hanna, I forgot to answer you about my age. I turned 30 in September.

I have a busy day ahead of me. When I weighed this morning (I weigh every day to stay focused), I realized I am only 1.5 pounds away from my Valentine's Day goal... I'm gonna do it! I'm so excited.

Kegan's fussy - everyone here has a cold. I have to run. He's just waking.

Have a good day, and remember - I am praying for everyone who needs it!

GatorgalstuckinGA 01-16-2008 07:59 AM

morning all. I enjoyed my workout last night. I did cardio for an hr straight..needless to say i was worn out...and slept like a rock.

lisa- good luck on the interview...and watch out for those crazy old ladies and the carts LOL

kar and esk - congrats on you wt loss...good job keep up the great work.

I weighed myself this am..i'm finally loosing. I was 175 last week and today i was 172 (only one pound away from my intial holiday preweight). I think the new routine is helping...and i'm doing better about logging my food. I think one of my problems was i really was guessing how much i was eating..i wasn't doing the best job about recording everything. So i'm going to be religious about it. I'm sticking to 1700-1800 cals..if after 2-3 weeks without loosing but recording then i'll work on my diet. I think i realized without journaling..i'm screwed LOL

hope everyone has a good day...off to work soon.

Delta Dawn 01-16-2008 08:24 AM

Good morning!

Lauren - please know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. How is your mom doing?

Eksta, GG, Diana and Kerry - congratulations on the weight loss! It sure is fun to see the scale go down...

Lisa - hope that work isn't nuts and that your interview goes well.

Holli - I know my days are pretty quiet. My guy isn't old enough to have extracurricular stuff yet! I am sure that will all change...

Hello to everyone else - it is hump day! More later, Dawn

pmasci 01-16-2008 08:32 AM

Good morning all!!

Congrats to all who have lost weight. Patricia, I think I need to start journaling my food. I keep a running estimate in my head, but then I noticed last night when I made a pb sandwich for DS's lunch, i popped about a TBSP of pb into my mouth...then noticed it was about 150 calories!!! I don't do that all day long, but I'm sure it is adding up!! So, gonna start writing EVERYTHING I put in my mouth :)

Lisa~ good luck on the interview. Glad you're feeling positive about it!!

Kerry~have a great day at work!! Way to get the workout in. I did a firm tape this AM...trying to do them 2x/week & mix in yoga & treadmill. Today was the first day my ankle didn't really bother me too much :)

Eks~Go for it , girl!! Your goal is RIGHT THERE!! Woo-hoo!! Hope your family is feeling better soon!!

Gotta go get Cadence ready for school. Food shopping today and a few otehr errands/chores. I'll check back in maybe at lunch time. BTW, found a few cupcake towers, but they are like 45-60.00, so gotta decide which one. I hate making decisions like that :(

Have a super day!!

Pam

pmasci 01-16-2008 08:32 AM

Hey Dawn...we posted at the same time. Have a nice day!

tanner'smom 01-16-2008 08:50 AM

Good morning!!

It is awesome to hear about all the weight losses!!! I wish I had the same news. I have just been holding steady.

Lisa-I am not sure where you work, but I giggled when I saw you talking about Senior Day. My grandma marks on her calendar when the Senior Days are at Kohl's. She loves it.

Not much going on here. It is really cold today, which I immediately calculate as no recess. A teacher's worse nightmare.

Have a great day everyone!!!

Jasmine

LBH 01-16-2008 09:17 AM

Hi All,

Holli, With tears streaming down my face, I thank you for that beautiful prayer. It truly means soo much to me, and mom will appreciate it. :hug:

I'm sorry I'm not contributing much to the thread right now, hopefully things will get better soon.

I did see mom last night and she does look better, but she's pretty sick. Today they are taking out the picc line that is infected and putting in a central line for a couple days. For those of you that don't know the history, mom had gastric bypass in April and has had problem after problem since. She's down 100 lbs., but it has not been healthy loss, she hasn't been able to eat. They put in a feeding tube 2 wks. ago. Now she has another infection in the picc line, and they're waiting on blood cultures to see what else. They're treating her with a few different heavy duty antibiotics.

Have a great day all!

fightingtolose 01-16-2008 09:33 AM

Good morning all,

Congrats to all that have had some weight loss this week. Daughter is running around in her PJs still so I will have to get her dressed soon so we can head to school. I just thought I would pop in for a moment. I spent 45 minutes on the treadmill yesterday and 15 minutes of that was running. Did pretty good on the snacking. I made chili for dinner last night and took out a chicken to roast for dinner tonight. Well gotta run. Talk to all soon

ekstatikia 01-16-2008 09:42 AM

Lauren - Just wanted to drop by to let you know I am very specifically praying for your mother! Please keep us updated as you can. We all understand why you're not able to be here so much right now. :grouphug:

KAR73 01-16-2008 09:54 AM

Lauren thanks for the update on your mom. I will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers. Glad your mom is starting to look better. Hope she gets better soon! Just come visit when you can.

Jasmine I know what you mean about inside recess. My students go outside for like 15 minutes after lunch everyday. But those fifteen minutes are very valuable to getting them some fresh air. Hope your day goes well!

Pam hope you can decided which tower to get. Especially when you are talking 45-60 dollars for an investment.

Megan keep up the good work! You are doing a great job. Hope everyone starts to feel better soon.

GG glad you had a great workout yesterday and slept like a rock. Congrats on losing weight.

Have to go. Hope everyone else is having a great day!
Kerry

GainingWeightInLa 01-16-2008 09:59 AM

'Mornin', everyone! :) Wow!!! Lots of posts by 8:45 am! We're so dedicated, ya'll!!! WE ROCK!

Wow, Lauren, you think of gastric bypass and think it's not that major of a surgery....how can something that's supposed to help you be healthier become so serious, ya know?? Her long range prognosis is good, though, right? Will definitely keep her in my prayers!

Someone who is more organized than myself should keep up with how much we, as a group, lose each week....kindof like they do on the Biggest Loser and like we do now with exercise totals...I think it would definitely encourage us! Lauren, don't you do that with the exercise totals now? (Not a hint that you do it with our lbs lost...I know you have a lot on your plate!!) I wouldn't have a clue how to go about making a chart to post or anything, but if everyone wanted to send me their totals all on one day (Tuesday would work best for me, since that's my weigh in day), I'd put them all in one post once a week so we could see everyone's progress. Let me know if anyone would be interested in seeing that posted....I think I just volunteered myself for posting it, if anyone's interested in seeing it week to week...unless someone else wants to do it, because I'm really terrible about following through with stuff like that. LOL Am I rambling??? I'll just shut up now. :rofl:

I wanted to share a light bulb moment with everyone that I had just about 30 minutes ago. I woke up this morning FAMISHED! I was soooo hungry! I came in from taking my son to school hunting something to eat, to no avail...didn't see anything that was "worth the points." So I decided to fix something to drink and think about what I might want. I fixed a glass of diet dr. pepper and drank about half of it, trying to figure out what I wanted to eat....and then I realized that I was not nearly as hungry as I had been before I drank something. It took several minutes to work, but drinking something actually satisfied what I thought was hunger. Maybe it was just thirst and I just have mistook that for hunger for forever (although it really felt like hunger). I thought to myself, "Whoa! That's cool!!" I did sit down with a 100 calorie pack of wheat thins (real healthy breakfast, huh?? You know me......). I'm probably realizing something that most have already figured out......but Ithought I'd share just in case someone hadn't had the lightbulb moment yet, either! :lol:

Well, I need to run. I have so much to do today it's overwhelming.....one of those days where you realize all that you need to do and then think, "What's the use.....I'll never get it all done anyway...."

Have a GREAT day everyone!!!

LBH 01-16-2008 11:14 AM

Diana, I can keep track of WL too, if you want! (I have a slight obsession with Excel, so any excuse to make a spreadsheet works for me!) :lol:

Do you guys mind if we switch to a Sun-Sat. timeline? Before, I would've had time at work to mess with the totals and post it all, but now I have a boss that pops quietly into my cube when I least expect it, and scares the heck out of me! :tantrum: (She's working from home today, hence the ability to be here more!) If we do Sun-Sat, then I can get everything posted Sunday AM.

dangergirl 01-16-2008 12:36 PM

Thanks for the scolding

Hanna, Thanks for the Scolding! I was very good at dinner. We went to a friends house for dinner last night and she made smokes salmon on linguini with alfredo sauce and garlic bread. I brought a medeteranian shrimp salad. I had a giant plate of salad and about 1/2 cup of her dish. No garlic bread! Was I good enough to off set the donut?

Today is my birthday! 38!

Hubby says he has a surprise for me. He's probably taking me to shop for a hunting rifle or some hip waders for fishing this summer. He is priceless!