Old 01-17-2008, 07:00 AM   #1  
KAR

Default 30 Somethings Daily Chat Thursday Jan.17th

Morning Everyone,
Hope you all have a great day! I am going to enjoy today. Since tomorrow I have a 2 hour meeting in the morning with my Special Ed. Supervisior to go over annual review information. Then come back to school teach my kids for 4 hours and then they get out 2 hours early and then we have professional development for 4.5 hours after that. Thank God I can work on some of my paperwork for my alternate assessments. But still staying at school on a Friday till 6 is a bummer. I got my walk in this morning. I have to remember to put lotion on my legs after I get out of the shower. Then take some with me to school. Hoping we get to walk outside again tonight. But with lotion on my legs, they shouldn't get chapped again. They are starting to feel better.
Hanna, I can understand what you mean about your day from **** yesterday. I went through that same thing last week for the whole week with my student I was telling you about. But telling him what we are doing and when we are doing it seems to help. Plus I have given him little extra jobs to do. Now if we could just work on his lying, I think we would be getting somewhere. Thanks again. You are a sweetheart! Hope you were able to get a good nights rest. Enjoy today and take some time for you.
Alicia my legs feel better today so far. I guess time will tell after having my pants rub on them all day long. Hope you enjoy spending your target gift card.
Lisa sending out good vibes your way for a great interview.
Lauren hope things go good today for you with your sneaky boss!
Holli Hope you have a better day today. Hope you got to work on time. Where do you work at?
Hi to everyone else. I must go and get ready for work. Can't be late getting my kids off the bus again today. The bus drivers don't understand about being stuck in construction for 10-15 minutes even when you leave early enough.
Chat with you all later. Have a wonderful day!
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 07:12 AM   #2  
Julia

S/C/G: 206/162/150

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning!

I've been MIA since before the holidays. We are moved, settled in and I am hopefully now able to start checkin in with some regularity :-)

I got to show some more loss on my ticker

I'm going to go do some catch up post reading
beachmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 08:17 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 164.4/158.2/140.0

Height: 5'6 3/4

Good Morning Everybody,

I have been so wrapped up in things around here I haven't had time to get on the computer and check in. Yesterday was another practice day at church for our service this Sunday at the jail, that was almost 3 hrs by the time everyone was done chatting we only practiced for about an hour. Don't really want to say it was wasted time but I could have been working out. Yesterday was my little man's 7th birthday, so we always take him to his favorite place to eat just me, him and Daddy, good quality time, unhealthy food. Have not done much the last few days, between the horrible college visitation, being so sick on Tuesday that i wanted to die, and running around crazy on Wed, at the end of the day I've been wiped out and haven't been on the treadmill. Today is a new day however, and I'm not going anywhere, so my plan is to get on there twice today for 45min to an hour both times. The kids are on a 2 hr delay, thank heavens they're not home all day. Sorry, I'm rambling I just need to get it out, I'm so ticked at myself for not getting my cardio in, its my de-stress time and if momma don't de-stress somebody's gonna catch the brunt of that. I've been doing okay on the eating, I did have a cupcake for monkey butt's birthday last night but I can live with that, but I definately have lost focus this week amid so much chaos. So, I have to start today for what it is, a new day.

Lauren, sorry to hear about your mom, have heard that actually happens alot with those surgeries, will keep her in my prayers.

Hope everyone has a fit and fabulous day! Trish
CCmomof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 08:21 AM   #4  

Height: 5'6

GOOD MORNING ALL!!!

Hey beachmomma...welcome back. No more PA, huh?? If I remember correctly, you wanted to move to VA, so I hope everything is going well

Kerry...you know what I use for chapping/chafing?? It's called Aquaphor. Put in on at bedtime & you'll wake up healed. I swear, it's like a wonder ointment. They used to use it only in hospitals for radiation burns, but it went OTC about 5 years ago. I used it when my daughter has a cold & her nose gets raw...works wonders!! Oh, and good for you getting the walks in!! WTG!!

Holli, how were the meatballs?? Pico de gallo...love it!!! Never thought of it in meatballs, though. I finally got all my stuff for chili, gonna make some today or tomorrow. YUM!

Alicia, What kind of workouts are you doing? I did 2 miles on the tread this AM. Mixing it up with yoga & The Firm...I've been bored lately.

Okay, gotta go get Cadence ready for school. It's my turn to have the playdate after school (there are three of us, we rotate Thursdays with the three girls), so I better take some cookies out of the freezer for their snack.

Have a super day...I'll check in later!!
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 08:37 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 150/150/135

Height: 5'6"

Good morning!

Sounds like everyone is off to busy days...and have had some busy days.

Hanna - hope today is a better day.

GG - I know what you mean about the driving in the snow. We lived in another state where they weren't used to much of it and didn't understand what a following distance was. So, they always had 30 car pile ups on the highway when they got more than an inch of snow.

Trish - I hope that you get some rest/relaxtion today after a crazy week.

Kerry - have a good day before your jam-packed Friday.

Beachmomma - congratulatons on the move! We just moved in the last month too. Lots of boxes still in our garage. Congratulations on the weight loss!

Pam - Hi! Have fun with the playdate. I like the idea of rotating it. I need to find some kids in our new town for DS to play with. Right now we only see other kids in the nursery at church on Sundays.

Hi to everyone else. More later...Dawn
Delta Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 09:48 AM   #6  
Strong to the finish!

S/C/G: 295/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

Kerry - Glad to hear your legs are feeling better today so far... I just had an early morning in-home meeting with my son's therapists and primary service coordinator. We've had so many meetings lately, it just gives me a headache. Paperwork can be a real pain in the butt... but we gotta get the little one prepared for pre-school. Good job getting those walks in. You are motivating me for sure! P.S. I see you're from southern Ohio. I'm in Northeastern Kentucky - do you know where Ashland, KY is?

beachmomma - Hi! I'm new here since the holidays. It's nice to see you and congrats on the loss you get to report! What great news!

Trish - How great that you guys got to spend some alone time with your son. DH and I try to do that with our kids, having special outings, etc. with each one to kind of give them that little boost of TLC... Ramble away, sister! Isn't that what this place is supposed to be for? I enjoy the little details, so keep on posting. I don't mind! lol

Pam - I wish I could find some mothers around here to do playdates with! The area that I live in is full of people who think playdates are 'snooty' - I guess that's what I get for marrying into a 'country' family! I'm jealous of your playdate! Ha! I hope you all have a good time.

Dawn - Your avatar always makes me feel so peaceful when I see it... anyway - hope you have a good day. Look forward to hearing more from you today.

Rooster - Glad to see you posted last night. I was gonna ask if anybody knew where you were. I was gettin' worried!

GG - Journaling is the one thing that keeps me successful through my loss. I'm glad to know that you've found what will hopefully be the solution to your issue with the calories. I bet you're super-motivated and anxious to see what the scales will say when the week is through!

Hanna - I didn't have a stroke, my mom did. Back in September and she's okay now. Sorry if I confused you guys with all of my rambling!

Everyone else - have a wonderful day and I'll check in later! I have a therapy session with Kegan and his OT today at 1:30. Should be interesting. I have a really bad sinus headache and I'm doing my best to get rid of it before she gets here. The meeting we had this morning was kinda funny because I asked them if we could keep the lights out since my head was hurting so badly. There was no strain to see, it was just funny because there was no 'extra' light. I don't know what I'm gonna do with myself when Kegan goes off to pre-school! It's only a half-day program, but I guess since I know he's my last, I'm just a little hesitant to let him grow up and move on.

Last edited by ekstatikia; 01-17-2008 at 09:50 AM. Reason: because I can't type - as usual! Hehehe.
ekstatikia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 10:06 AM   #7  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Just a quickie...mom's doing a little better, she thinks.

Hanna, what meds is Sean on, I don't remember. We've been giving Peter a third dose if his lately, because he's so out of hand at night lately. I think it might be a "winter" thing...not enough run around outside time, kwim? Do you think that could be contributing to Sean's problem?

Roo, good to see you back and motivated!

Will try and check back later, I hear
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 10:58 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning 30's Somethings!

Kerry ~ you sound like a great teacher. I didn't realize that the teachers have to stay so late on Professional Development days. We have one tomorrow and we look so forward to getting out early and doing something fun.

beachmomma ~ it's good to have you back! Also, congrats on the loss of weight.

Trish ~ "I did have a cupcake for monkey butt's birthday..." You're refering to your child right? Not hubby? LOL. Have a great workout today.

Pam ~ rotating playdates is a good idea. I know that your DD starts Kindergarten next fall but can't remember if she'll go half day or full? Mine will go half and I'm so thrilled to have one more year with my little buddy.

Dawn ~ have you considered starting a playgroup? We moved into our first home when my oldest was 18 months and I knew that I had to meet people as much as he did. I bet some other moms at the local McDonalds play area and we started a group. We started out at my house but after the second time I nixed that idea. The kids were destroying my house and some of the moms weren't paying any attention. After that, we met at the local park if the weather was nice and at McDonalds if the weather was cold or rainy. I still keep in touch with some of those moms as we looked forward to visiting with each other more than the kids did:-). Also, you asked about breaking DS from the sippy cup. Someone else suggested using a straw. That is a good idea. I remember purchasing some cute "big kid" character cups and that did the trick. They loved drinking out of the new cups.

Megan ~ so sorry to hear about your sinus headache. Didn't you just have a migraine last week? DH and I have been using the neti pot every morning to clean out our sinuses and I swear that it's been helping me. The two of us were always popping sinus meds and I haven't taken anything in several weeks. Good luck with the OT. Very cool that they come to your house.

Lauren ~ I do hope that your mom is doing better. That poor woman has been thru so much. Did you say that she's lost over 100 lbs?

Alicia ~ I had to laugh when reading your post from last night about your wanting a snow day so that everyone could sleep in. I hear ya!!! Thank God that it's a 3 day weekend coming up as I am so tired these mornings. It's hard to get out from under the comforter... My kids keep asking, "is it the weekend yet?"

Hanna ~ I cannot imagine what you go thru on a daily basis. The problems that I have with my children seem so insignificant compared to what you go thru every single day with Sean. How about DH? It has to really take a toll on both of you. Thank God that you have a strong marriage. Hang in there sugar...

Time to do some laundry and mop floors. Never ending jobs.... I weighed myself yesterday morning and I'm still 2 lbs. away from my pre-holiday weight. I was running short on time yesterday evening and didn't have time to prepare anything so I opened up two cans of Trader Joe's "chicken chili." Wowzer. Good stuff! Every time that I go to that store I find something else that I love LOL. Hope that everyone has a great Thursday ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 11:15 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 194/191/125

Height: 5'2

Thanks for the welcome LBH. The older 2 boys are about to have birthdays in March and April. They'll be 3 and 4. The baby is almost 8 mos old. Kerry--I've also used the Aquaphor, it works wonders! I've just had my weigh in for week 2 and I lost 3 pounds! Yay! I actually took the stairs this morning and went to a gym yesterday that gave me a free pass for 7 days, I'll start going on Sunday...wish me luck. Hope everyone has a great day today!
dwnszme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 11:24 AM   #10  

Height: 5'6

Hey all...

Eks~hope your meetings go well today, and hope your head feels better. It's so hard to deal when you have a headache, isn't it? ((hugs))

Dawn~hey!! maybe you should mention a get-together with some of the moms/kids from church. Or, maybe take a mommy & me class at the YMCA or something...then you could meet some other SAHMs there. Just some ideas...

Lauren~glad to hear your mom is better. Keep us posted,and get some rest!!

Joan~Moppin' floors, huh? I feel your pain...did mine the other day. UGH!! Oh, and Cadence is going half day, hopefully the morning session...I know what you mean about keeping her home for a while...I'm gonna miss her when she's gone all day. Probably will get a job though.

Gotta run to preschool for her conference. Talk later!!

Pam
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 11:34 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 150/150/135

Height: 5'6"

Hi there!

Joan and Pam thanks for the thoughts on the playdates...I signed up for story time at the local library and hoping we can maybe meet some moms & kids that way, too. I just need to step it up and do something or I will be crawling the walls...especially during winter.

Megan - I hope that your meetings go well and that your headache goes away.

Hi dwnszme! Congratulations on the weightloss!!

Hi Lauren!

More later- need to help DS out of his toy bin. He thinks that he should be sitting it lately and then gets stuck. My exciting day!
Delta Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 11:47 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 188/188/120

Height: 5'3

hello everyone wow it has been way too long!!! hope everyone is doing great!!!!! things here have had there ups and down ...normal life things really. well as far as counting calories there has not been any so needless to say some of the weight has come back on. really there is no reason other then just being lazy. but if i don't get back on it things are going to get out of control again so here i am climbing back on the wagon one more time!!!!!
milleradah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 11:51 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 174/160/140

Height: 5' 2"

Default Birthday suprise

Hello all- for my birthday I got lip Augmentation!
Ok, before you start thinking my husband is a pig, let me explain. We started out like I knew we would... hip waders. But they didn't have my size. So then he decided to make me dinner. I suggested lobster. So he figured we could go one better and do lobster and King crab. and just for good measure he threw in shrimp coctail. I have never had a shell fish allergy, but this morning I woke up with Angelina Jolie's lips on my face. I suspect my throat constricted a bit too, my husband says I was snoring. Needless to say he still considers himself owing me a birthday present. So he is taking me to cattle company for steak and then to the Movies on Saturday. Is he the best?

Hope you all have a Swell day... ooops very punny.
Talk at ya later ladies- Lauren, glad to hear about Mom.
Mine never called me. She probably forgot what day it was...
dangergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 11:55 AM   #14  
Strong to the finish!

S/C/G: 295/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

Joan - how funny that you mention the neti pot. My sister is bringing me one when she comes to visit this week! She has been using one for a while now and swears by it as well! Yes, I had a migraine a few days ago. I get them every month. Usually they last 1-3 days. I have had migraines since I was nine years old. My first one was so bad, I still remember it very vividly! I don't get them as much as I did when I was at 300 lbs... but I do get them still. I don't have health insurance, so I can't get formal treatment for them anymore... Don't have too much fun mopping those floors!

dwnszme - Way to go on the week 2 weight loss!

I have to go clean now - my house has gotten out of hand with the last couple of headaches I've had. DH tried to help last night and did knock out a significant load of dishes - so that's a big plus. He's a blessing, that's for sure!

So... it's time to get moving, I guess...
ekstatikia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 12:24 PM   #15  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Dangergrl, OMG!! I'm sure it was not funny when you woke up this Am, but that's pretty funny! Poor DH must've felt horrible!

Miller, Welcome back!!!

Dawn, Laughing about DS in the toy bin! Why do they insist on being in places they shouldn't?!

Joan, yup, 100 lbs., give or take...she's still not willing to discuss her weight. I told her she should be proud, even though it wasn't necessarily healthy.

Gotta run...
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote